Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: #assets-otc - Contract Management System  (Read 11818 times)
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 03:23:51 AM

registered Cheesy

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 03:32:39 AM

Ok. signed up. How do I issue assets?

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 06:35:38 AM

Send me the signed contract for the asset and I will add it to the system, putting your account as the AI.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 04:12:59 PM

Send me the signed contract for the asset and I will add it to the system, putting your account as the AI.

I see. Do you plan to support the ability for users to issue assets themselves?

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 04:17:19 PM

I see. Do you plan to support the ability for users to issue assets themselves?
No. Because I want to verify the contract first.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:43:58 PM

So basically you've made a shitty MPEx, six months late and with all the credibility of a 0 WoT rating. Good luck.
You'd look much less like an idiot if you just said that to start off, rather than wait for me to say it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 06:28:37 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 02:12:20 PM by piotr_n

So basically you've made a shitty MPEx, six months late and with all the credibility of a 0 WoT rating. Good luck.
You'd look much less like an idiot if you just said that to start off, rather than wait for me to say it.
I don't know much about MPEx - never even tried using it, since your system looks in a way that scares me off the first second after I load the page.
But as far as I've managed to learn about MPEx, it is a trading platform, whilst #assets-otc is a contract management system where the actual trading is off the scope.

Moreover, MPEx does use PGP signatures, but only as an authentication method for trading transactions and withdrawal requests. And as far as I understand what a "withdrawal requests" means, it means that there is still money stored in the service, that can be stolen and thus one day probably will - if not by you (the owner), then by somebody else (a hacker)..

So as for me, MPEx is a completely different idea, based on a completely different security concept.
Not to mention that it looks just like shit and the interference is anything but intuitive, even though it is already six months old... you obviously have done a great job for the last six months, improving the service for your customers, making it so much more user friendly... fuck yeah! If I had been a masochist, I would have probably liked trying MPEx... though hammering a nail with a piece of wool into my own ass would still seem to be a simpler process than using the service that you are so proud of.

And my WoT rating is 5, not 0 - so don't lie.
But whatever it would have been it does not matter at all, because unlike you, I do not need anyone to trust me with his money.
I am giving out to people a top security bookkeeping and dividend payment service for free. And beat me on this, if you can. Good luck.

Wrapping it up: you'd look much less like an idiot if you just didn't come to this topic advertising your shit using my brilliant idea as the bait.

killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:04:57 PM

MPex is superior to GLBSE in terms of security and anonymity.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:17:56 PM

MPex is superior to GLBSE in terms of security and anonymity.

MPex still has a lot of work to be at a certain level, but the vision is there
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:41:13 AM

I'm liking this idea, how can the system be run without a specific operator becoming a target. What I mean is, if someone wanted to list shares for a service or something that would generally be considered illegal what is to stop the feds from going after the site operators (currently you in this example) and the issuer?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:56:24 AM

I'm liking this idea, how can the system be run without a specific operator becoming a target. What I mean is, if someone wanted to list shares for a service or something that would generally be considered illegal what is to stop the feds from going after the site operators (currently you in this example) and the issuer?

The point is you can keep a list of all your shareholders on your own pc and dont need a server to manage them.

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 07:04:41 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 07:47:17 PM by piotr_n

So here are the latast news:

1) I made About page where you can learn what the service is all about without a need to read this forum.
2) The users can already download signed receipts for the transactions that they were involved in (it's in the History tab).
3) The secured dividend payment tool is ready and available on github: https://github.com/piotrnar/paydiv
4) There is only one slot left from the ten I mentioned before - so only the next person to register on the site will get 10 sharers of the ASSETS-OTC project, completely for free.
5) Those who already did get the shares, if you haven't yet, please submit your dividend withdrawal address - you never know when I may be in a good mood, or just want to test my stuff with some real bitcoin - and then you wouldn't want to miss it... Wink

Any account without the dividend address set will be considered as "this one gives up the dividends".
It is in your own interest to have the dividend payment address submitted.
AI is not a deposit box, so if you don't take it while they payment is going out - you loose it.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:13:20 AM

Does this mean that if I (Bob) want to sell 35 A_BOND for 1 BTC each to Alice, we need to go through the asset issuer? Otherwise, I don't see the double-spend prevention.
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Does this mean that if I (Bob) want to sell 35 A_BOND for 1 BTC each to Alice, we need to go through the asset issuer? Otherwise, I don't see the double-spend prevention.
Yes - any transfer always needs to go through the asset issuer (or the person he hired to keep the books).
It's not only for double-spend prevention, but most of all for the AI to always have the up-to-date list of his shareholders.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:29:52 AM

Where do I set that?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 08:41:20 AM

Where do I set that?

You have to own some assets first.

And then after you login, just press a button (see below) and follow the instructions on the next page.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:33:58 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 10:24:10 AM by EskimoBob

I get "Can't check signature: public key not found" ?
Sorry, I missed the import key part. It's OK now.
Do you have a test security to use and test it out?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:36:26 AM

Can this be used to fix the mess Nefario and his gang left behind? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115825.0

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:34:17 AM

I sure hope so !
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 11:59:04 AM

Can this be used to fix the mess Nefario and his gang left behind? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115825.0

Yeah I'm interested in this also.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: