Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 08:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: plz delete  (Read 12603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cunningstunt

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:25:13 PM

Sounds good to me. Still confused on how the swap works.

Like I said I got my wallet synced up finally.
It is starting to stake now but it is negative stake amounts. I think someone else had the same problem. How did you fix it?

Oh yea. We are at 1178081

Makes total sense..LOL

I never managed to fix the negative staking issue. I did kind of fix the problem though.
I started with a new wallet on a spare laptop, let it sync (which was luckily no issue), then transferred all coins to the new wallet. Had to send coins at a maximum of 500000000.00 at a time otherwise it crashed. Now wallet stakes more than it negative stakes, which is fine by me.

Also, I have had the same problem as others, wallet stops staking. To solve the issue, create a new address & send coins to yourself, seems to restart the staking process after the hour for coin maturity. Do this every day or so.

Hope this helps someone  Smiley
prfields6038

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:37:46 PM

Macro recorder is pretty cool.  Does anyone have any connections? I seem to have lost mine this morning.
byk

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 09:26:10 PM

Mine is dead for the last 90 min.
dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:04:45 AM

No connections? Sounds like a few of us are online why would there be no active connections?
I am also dead.

Mine is dead for the last 90 min.
prfields6038

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:18:02 PM

Anyone know how to host a node?
prfields6038

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:47:30 PM

Not completely dead, but on life support.  I received a couple of blocks today.  I just like messing around with this coin.
byk

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:28:56 PM

This doesn't work again.
Let's ask Spots to take over this coin, to be the dev of new one, to stop this silly rate, make a swap with a ratio 1:1 000 000 and the coin will be on market again.
What do you say? Let's vote on that.
prfields6038

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:34:42 PM

He is going to be super busy with the coin swap.  I think we should wait and not bother him right now. 
byk

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:42:30 PM

OK. I agree. Let's use that time to agree as a community on what we want with this coin, make a list of changes taht we want and than (in a week or so) ask him if he's willing to be the dev and to do that.
dukester99

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:43:29 AM

For now we need to get some active connections. Is hosting a nodes what needs to happen?

OK. I agree. Let's use that time to agree as a community on what we want with this coin, make a list of changes taht we want and than (in a week or so) ask him if he's willing to be the dev and to do that.
dukester99

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:31:52 PM

For now we need to get some active connections. Is hosting a nodes what needs to happen?

Ok, no connections at all again. I guess we need a node. If someone can steer me in the right direction on what needs to be done I will host a node.
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:15:37 AM

Ok, no connections at all again. I guess we need a node. If someone can steer me in the right direction on what needs to be done I will host a node.

The last known block that everyone agrees on then host a node from that block onwards.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:30:23 AM

The last known block that everyone agrees on then host a node from that block onwards.

You guys might or might not be aware that the old spots wallets do not have the ability import a blockchain via the normal method of bootstrap.dat. You can verify this by looking into the init.cpp file. In order to "import" a chain with these wallets you need to follow a more complex process of detaching databases and copying over those block files etc which becomes complicated cross operating systems.

The biggest problem with Ecash going forward is to get a wallet up to date. At some point I attempted this to help you guys but the chain gets stuck every 500 blocks. With a chain size of 1m+ it becomes an almost impossible task. There are ways around it with scripts but a person has to baby sit the process. I was willing to do it and got halfway before I realised during testing that creating a cross-platform compatible up to date bootstrap.dat is going to serve no purpose as the wallet does not have the ability to read it so I halted the effort. It is trivial to create a Linux VPS sync node and at that point I created one to see if it will sync better but the problem is to get an up to date chain on it. A normal chain sync from scratch on a VPS sync node suffers from the exactly same chain-getting-stuck-while syncing symptom than a normal wallet on a PC.

The way out of this for you guys imo is to do the following:
- Have an up to date block explorer (good luck) and export a snapshot of all addresses and the coins in them.
- Choose or create a new wallet, do a premine on block 1 of a balance equal to the Ecash balance less a bunch of zeros and let someone do the swap for you privately by proving ownership of the old address.

Just make sure this time that the new wallet can import a bootstrap.dat in order to easily sort out issues in future.
dukester99

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:15:42 AM

You guys might or might not be aware that the old spots wallets do not have the ability import a blockchain via the normal method of bootstrap.dat. You can verify this by looking into the init.cpp file. In order to "import" a chain with these wallets you need to follow a more complex process of detaching databases and copying over those block files etc which becomes complicated cross operating systems.

The biggest problem with Ecash going forward is to get a wallet up to date. At some point I attempted this to help you guys but the chain gets stuck every 500 blocks. With a chain size of 1m+ it becomes an almost impossible task. There are ways around it with scripts but a person has to baby sit the process. I was willing to do it and got halfway before I realised during testing that creating a cross-platform compatible up to date bootstrap.dat is going to serve no purpose as the wallet does not have the ability to read it so I halted the effort. It is trivial to create a Linux VPS sync node and at that point I created one to see if it will sync better but the problem is to get an up to date chain on it. A normal chain sync from scratch on a VPS sync node suffers from the exactly same chain-getting-stuck-while syncing symptom than a normal wallet on a PC.

- Have an up to date block explorer (good luck) and export a snapshot of all addresses and the coins in them.
- Choose or create a new wallet, do a premine on block 1 of a balance equal to the Ecash balance less a bunch of zeros and let someone do the swap for you privately by proving ownership of the old address.

Just make sure this time that the new wallet can import a bootstrap.dat in order to easily sort out issues in future.

Glad to hear that someone was even trying to fix this coin. Thanks. What do you mean "Choose or create a new wallet". Is there a template we can use? Sounds like a big project. How many people do you think are still holding ecash?
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:56:18 AM

Glad to hear that someone was even trying to fix this coin. Thanks. What do you mean "Choose or create a new wallet". Is there a template we can use? Sounds like a big project. How many people do you think are still holding ecash?

Due to the issues with your current chain and the high number of coins in circulation, it does not make sense to work on the existing wallet and chain. You must therefore either code a new wallet or copy one. Coding a new wallet is possible but does not make sense due to the effort involved. Your best bet would be to do what all the scam devs do, take an existing wallet of anther coin, change the coin specs to what you want it to be, find and replace the name to the name you want, replace the graphics and put a premine in the first block. Then swop the new coins for the old. You need to get someone with coding and wallet experience to do this for you and while you are looking for a new wallet, you can just as well choose one with some features that you deem to be adding value.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 09:15:14 PM

Not true, just detach database at shutdown from a synced node to get transferable blk .dat files

dukester99

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:47:01 AM

Hey spots. Your holding some ecash I think. What do you think we should do?
The high staking rate we voted on months ago seems to have caused a mess.

Not true, just detach database at shutdown from a synced node to get transferable blk .dat files
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:50:34 AM

What I said is the truth and I also did say what you just posted that you can detach the database and copy the blk file but that imo it is a more complex process. My issue was that the normal way of doing a bootstrap.dat is not working. I have not appetite to dig in the past here and fight about things that is not relevant anymore because Ecash is screwed anyways.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:51:31 AM

Hey spots. Your holding some ecash I think. What do you think we should do?
The high staking rate we voted on months ago seems to have caused a mess.

Leave the guy alone. This community screwed him once already royally. Just accept that Ecash is done for and move on.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:45:10 AM

The biggest problem with ECASH is there are so many transactions the wallet can't handle it. I created a 2nd wallet and moved 65 Billion - 1 Billion (max size) at a time. That was 65 transactions in the new wallet - altready over 3000. Now it has grown to 184 Trillion in just 6 days.

Wallets great - chains great. Staking like crazy (Several Billion a minute.). But Unless someone does a takeover and reverse split I won't have enough time to move 184 Trillion - 1 Billion at a time. Anyone need a Billion?

Bound to die soon unless there is a takeover. And if there is anyone out there that still does not know - Spots was not the dev. He stepped up and fixed a broken wallet and got crucified when he left after doing what he said he would - fix the wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: