Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting bitcoins for web design services  (Read 597 times)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:37:39 PM

Hello, my name is Tom Morison. I am a 23 year old web designer and developer specializing in HTML, CSS3, jQuery, PHP and MySQL. I accept Bitcoin as means of payment.

My prices are negotible. I have been programing since 2001 and have gained a lot of self-taught experience within the timeframe of that year and now. I can have your web page up within a few days. I am also availible forhire for group projects. I am attending cakePHP in 20 days and look forward to my first trip to New York City.

For more information, and to request service, visit my website at http://tommorisonwebdesign.com

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
naturelle

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:49:26 PM

Hello, my name is Tom Morison. I am a 23 year old web designer and developer specializing in HTML, CSS3, jQuery, PHP and MySQL. I accept Bitcoin as means of payment.

My prices are negotible. I have been programing since 2001 and have gained a lot of self-taught experience within the timeframe of that year and now. I can have your web page up within a few days. I am also availible forhire for group projects. I am attending cakePHP in 20 days and look forward to my first trip to New York City.

For more information, and to request service, visit my website at http://tommorisonwebdesign.com

Ugliest site I have ever seen, I wouldn't pay you a penny for your ugly service
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:57:32 PM

Well to be honest I am more of a PHP and MySQL programmer. I appreciate your feedback regardless.

EDIT: I have reviewed some of your postings, and it seems to me you live a very sad negetive life. The amount of bitcoins you end up earning may increase if you change your poor attitude. If you were bold enough to offer a service like me or make a positive complimenting comment once in a while, you would end up with more money in your Bitcoin wallet.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 07:26:33 PM

i would think if you were truly looking for work you would respond to pms
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:36:13 PM

Well to be honest I am more of a PHP and MySQL programmer. I appreciate your feedback regardless.

EDIT: I have reviewed some of your postings, and it seems to me you live a very sad negetive life. The amount of bitcoins you end up earning may increase if you change your poor attitude. If you were bold enough to offer a service like me or make a positive complimenting comment once in a while, you would end up with more money in your Bitcoin wallet.

It seems you have to brush up on your English language skills while you are at it as well mate.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:55:55 PM

Would you mind sharing with us a portfolio of things you have done in terms of PHP/MySQL backends? Your 'examples' page has no entries on it. Are you familiar with anything other than PHP/MySQL? Other DB engines? Other languages?

So far I would not consider your current site as marketable; the broad range of issues includes images with backwards letters and stretched images (which look blurry on some devices), as well as issues with alignment (at least on my current browser).

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 09:15:45 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 11:21:19 PM by roslinpl

Hey,
I also suggest to put more examples of your works if possible.

Good luck.

Best regards.
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:43:22 PM

I will be posting a porgtfulio soon. I have a collection of old hockey cards and baseball card I got from someone throwing a bunch of stuff out, I figure I should be able to quickly intergrate Bitcoin with E-Commerce. I also have made my own SMF forum which shows my knowledge with internet

I appreciate your constructivde criticism and I will fix your design issues. So far my business got me one customer last month wich netted me $100. I look forward to posting on Bitcointalk.

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:18:53 PM

Can you make websites with user databases with logins, bitcoins wallets etc...?

Im not looking for an exchange, more likely im looking for a bitcoin loan website.
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:34:08 AM

Can you make websites with user databases with logins, bitcoins wallets etc...?

Im not looking for an exchange, more likely im looking for a bitcoin loan website.

That is definitely a project I can handle. PM me with more details.

gongomanny

Activity: 301

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:33:44 PM

You really need to post some more designs. Something holo, material or modern would look best. Your website does have a very 90's feel to out, and seems quite out of place.

While I'm sure you do have a lot of experience in the field, I am unsure of why a potential customer would choose your service when they could go for something thats looks more aesthetically pleasing themselves, e.g. there are a lot of sexy-looking Wordpress themes that you can use for no cost.
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:31:27 PM

I have fixed the layout issues and added links to BitBin pastes of my PHP coding. I am also going to launch a Trading Card E-Commerce store next month. This at least shows my PHP skills to a degree.

You really need to post some more designs. Something holo, material or modern would look best. Your website does have a very 90's feel to out, and seems quite out of place.

While I'm sure you do have a lot of experience in the field, I am unsure of why a potential customer would choose your service when they could go for something thats looks more aesthetically pleasing themselves, e.g. there are a lot of sexy-looking Wordpress themes that you can use for no cost.

I do have quite a lot of experience in PHP and MySQL coding. People would want to hire me to help them develop custom web applications like E-Commerce, or needs their website backend rewritten. I will admit I have to work on the aesthetics aspect of my website.

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:25:54 PM

I have fixed the layout issues and added links to BitBin pastes of my PHP coding. I am also going to launch a Trading Card E-Commerce store next month. This at least shows my PHP skills to a degree.

I do have quite a lot of experience in PHP and MySQL coding. People would want to hire me to help them develop custom web applications like E-Commerce, or needs their website backend rewritten. I will admit I have to work on the aesthetics aspect of my website.

I would add demos if possible, rather than code pastes. A customer looking for a programmer probably won't be able to understand the code completely without a demo. I'm still not sure what's up with the floating elements on the homepage and the backward letters in the navigation. I'm curious how they came about now.

Anyway, it looks like your MySQL API is a loose wrapper around mysqli, and could use some better indentation. It also looks like you're misusing OO PHP since you're using an object field to store $result, which is seemingly temporary data per call of query() or fetchresult(), which is definitely not threadsafe. You're also assuming that everyone wants to use utf8 as a collation (not necessarily true), and that the connection should be made using a TCP socket rather than, say, a named pipe.

it also doesn't look like you've tested your code thoroughly:

Code:
throw new Eeception('The cart requires a valid key for items');
probably won't work as PHP doesn't define an "Eeception". You're also implementing an interface, "Interator" that doesn't exist ("iterator"?).

I hope that these comments might be helpful for you to improve your code.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: