Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:43:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terms which are crypto coin community exclusive  (Read 1129 times)
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:18:30 AM

I can't believe we are forgetting a favourite of bulls everywhere on the forum. HODL

I honestly have no idea who originally mispelled hold but whomever did certainly influenced the crypto masses.
Interesting thread though, it's sort of silly to see the made up words the crypto ecosystem uses.

Well OP did mention "hodling".

Also, you're a hero member and you haven't seen this thread?

It's a pretty epic read. The OP was a failed day trader who was drunk at the time. Variations of the same theme include "sodl" and "codl" (as in "if you hodl store them codl!").

You guys forgot the most important word (and outcome for most of the coins) out there.

FAIL

Grin

Although I agree it's used a lot to describe most altcoins out there, that's not really exclusive to cryptocurrencies.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 11:24:02 AM

Although I agree it's used a lot to describe most altcoins out there, that's not really exclusive to cryptocurrencies.

Well, for the past 1.5 years marketcap is shrinked about 4 times and we have hundreds of new coins in it. Lately a lot more started to launch too. While I believe in future of cryptocurrencies we should agree that situation is not looking very good at the moment.

Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:37:23 AM

Well, for the past 1.5 years marketcap is shrinked about 4 times and we have hundreds of new coins in it. Lately a lot more started to launch too. While I believe in future of cryptocurrencies we should agree that situation is not looking very good at the moment.

Agreed, although the rate of new coins has actually slowed down. It reached a peak in mid 2014 and has been declining since then.

I posted an earlier thread about the declining quality of altcoins here:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741706

My actual opinion on the subject has changed a bit since then. I find that the average quality has dropped but there are still a few innovative and non-scammy ones out there which have potential. Problem is, the sheer number of scams and shitcoins have made searching for these all the more dangerous.

Hopefully this bear market will end soon and coins which bring something new to the table will be rewarded rather than pushed down along with Bitcoin and the rest of the crypto markets.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 11:59:48 AM

The real problem which most (probably 95%+) of the coins have is that their developers/teams (if they have one) are not working hard on adoption. Currently we have many coins with fancy features, but this is not helping them at all. While developing cryptocurrencies is a race in technology, which in future will improve them, it is the adoption which must be considered as the greatest benefit of them all.

tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:01:11 PM

Read the first post and you see that I already mentioned hodl(ing) there.

By the way, the origin of hodl comes from this post

I can't believe we are forgetting a favourite of bulls everywhere on the forum. HODL

I honestly have no idea who originally mispelled hold but whomever did certainly influenced the crypto masses.
Interesting thread though, it's sort of silly to see the made up words the crypto ecosystem uses.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:09:38 PM

Your obssesions don't belong here. Please stay on topic. 

You should too and keep your shitcoin out of this thread
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:30:18 PM

- fork / spork

( www.dashpay.io/spork )
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:57:46 PM

Fail is not a specific crypto coin term  Cheesy

You guys forgot the most important word (and outcome for most of the coins) out there.

FAIL

Grin

Fork is an often used in development. Not just used for crypto projects.

- fork / spork

( www.dashpay.io/spork )
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: