Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How faucets make money?  (Read 3328 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:49:47 AM

They also earn money from donation & captcha too
They could earn extra money if they share other faucet site with their refferal links

Anyway, make money from faucet is bad idea

Who the hell actually donates to faucets? I see no logic in that. And the amount of money operators get for every completed captcha is tiny fractions of a cent.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:32:17 AM

They could earn extra money if they share other faucet site with their refferal links

Who the hell actually donates to faucets? I see no logic in that. And the amount of money operators get for every completed captcha is tiny fractions of a cent.

No one donates to a faucet that would be very odd to say the least.  I've never heard of it.  I think they make the most off ad's.

The capatcha I don't know if that makes them money.  I think it's function is more to save them money from bot's.  If you are talking about working for a captacha service that would be stupidly low paying job.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:32:00 AM

Ive talked to someone that was running a faucet and he said he was earning a good amount of money, take in count that most faucets give around 300 satoshis average per claim, with 1.000 people claiming they would only give 300.000 satoshis wich is 0.003 wich is around 0.70 cents of $ at todays price, for 1.000 people visiting the site they get a little bit more money than that so it is worth it
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:47:56 AM

Yes, they make money from Ads ( usually in the form of Pay-per-Click or pay-per-impression ) but some of them also receive donations.
But only several of them make money and last for a year or more.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
LastClingon
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:39:14 PM

Most faucets have a loss, not to make money.

████████████             
          ██████████████████           
       ████████████████████████       
     ████████████           ████     
    ███████████  ███████████  ████     
   ███████████  █████████████  ████   
  ███████████  ███████████████  ████   
 ████████████  ███████████████  ████   
  ███████████   █████████████  █████   
  ███████████     ██████████  ██████   
   ██████████  ██           ███████   
   ██████████  ███████████████████     
     ████████  ██████████████████     
      ███████  ████████████████       
         ████  ██████████████         
            ██████████████             

████████████             
          ██████████████████           
       ████████████████████████       
     ████████████           ████     
    ███████████  ███████████  ████     
   ███████████  █████████████  ████   
  ███████████   █████████████  █████   
  ███████████     ██████████  ██████   
   ██████████  ██           ███████   
   ██████████  ███████████████████     
     ████████  ██████████████████     
      ███████  ████████████████       
         ████  ██████████████         
            ██████████████             
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:02:08 PM

Faucets aren't just to make money ourselves, but to give some very small chunks of sats to people helping them earn their very first coins...
And AFAIK, there are few faucets who use Google AdSense in order to make money for themselves to pay their users, you might try out that thing...

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:06:58 PM

Faucets aren't just to make money ourselves, but to give some very small chunks of sats to people helping them earn their very first coins...
And AFAIK, there are few faucets who use Google AdSense in order to make money for themselves to pay their users, you might try out that thing...

Im pretty sure most of them use something else since adsense only allows you to have 3 or maybe 4 ad spaces if i remember correctly and when you go to a faucet they have like 10 or even more
Kemben

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:37:02 PM

With pop ads maybe... i usualy use exad.me for my blog,, it's work more than adsense Smiley

JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:44:42 PM

Adverts mostly and some people seem to donate to them for what ever reason although they aren't earning much and aren't paying much so it's a long term business with a small income amount of the people running it.

michinzx

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:11:36 PM

I see them as a bad way to earn money from only Advertising

as much as you would think otherwise, all the money the faucets make are from advertising; the faucets make more for giving 1 view of the numerous ads on the page than they give to you for claiming.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:49:15 PM

as stated here in almost every reply, faucets make money from clicks, and those clicks are more valuable depending on traffic. That said, anyone running a site with ads on it knows this; you want clicks that emanate from the USA. Adsense pays different amounts for clicks depending on said clicks country of origin. USA gets the most money, UK, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Australia are next most valuable. Everywhere else in the world will only get you a penny or two. So, to make money via online advertising PPC services like adsense (the highest paying service) you must target the USA for your traffic. Also, different types of ads pay different amounts, University ads, medical and legal, and financial services pay the most, everything else pays poorly. If you really want to make big money your website should feature content related to universities, lawyers, insurance etc. this would be hard to do with a faucet site as they usually have zero content. I suppose you could call your faucet University Faucet and write a few paragraphs about attending law school, but as soon as Google took a look at your site you'd be banned.

Basically faucets are passive income, maybe earning a few dollars a month. I cant see how anyone makes money from them, even with accidental clicks (ever notice how the ads surround the "collect reward" button?) the income would be negligible. I could be wrong, I like to go in these type of threads and ask if there is anyone here who runs a faucet and if they would be so kind as to share with us how much income they actually see.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:08:51 PM

Where are you getting this fact?   I think if they make no money they would shut down.

The big ones especially I think are making profits.  Granted it's very small per person, but still a profit.
michinzx

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:24:10 PM

Where are you getting this fact?   I think if they make no money they would shut down.

The big ones especially I think are making profits.  Granted it's very small per person, but still a profit.

the big ones for sure are making big profits, like freebitco.in, multiple ads and around 1000 satoshi per claim hourly, and pays out multiple btc weekly. to output that much whoever runs the site is making even more.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:08:27 AM

the big ones for sure are making big profits, like freebitco.in, multiple ads and around 1000 satoshi per claim hourly, and pays out multiple btc weekly. to output that much whoever runs the site is making even more.
I'm not convinced. Some faucets might be driven by hope or enthusiasm, not by revenue.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:45:49 AM

I'm not convinced. Some faucets might be driven by hope or enthusiasm, not by revenue.

The big ones stay in operating from more then hope and dreams.  I cannot explain why people use faucet it is insane on how little they pay.

But the big ones have made it where they can operate at a profit.  It's a competitive field with faucets so no one making profit is likely to share their setup as far as pool side.
Mt. Gox

Merit: 118

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:08:20 AM

I created a faucet (I won't share the link).

I topped it up with 1,000,000 satoshis and put in some ads. By the time it was emptied out, I was only able to make a total of 13,000 satoshis from advertising revenue. Sad

The most popular faucets such as Freebitco.in are probably quite profitable for their owners but it wouldn't surprise me if most of them never make a profit. The market is pretty saturated enough as it is.

Gavin's original faucet got quite a few donations. Of course, the situation back then was very different compared with today.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Werko

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:32:17 AM

We make profit and it is really worth. You can easily double up your investment.
But you have always the fight against bots. Also you need a big experience to operate a faucet and one faucet is not enough.

Mt. Gox

Merit: 118

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:42:45 AM

We make profit and it is really worth. You can easily double up your investment.
But you have always the fight against bots. Also you need a big experience to operate a faucet and one faucet is not enough.

Aren't implementing captchas enough for this? Which ones would you recommend? I've been using Solve Media and ReCaptcha. And what other anti-bot measures are there (apart from captchas) that a faucet owner could choose to implement?

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
mnporter2001

Activity: 602

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:04:48 AM

I've been running Faucets for years, and I would not have been doing that unless they made profit !

Most of what has been said above is pretty accurate regarding how the faucet makes money.

• Advertising
  • Captcha's
  • Re using your traffic
  • Donations

I don't use captcha's to generate income, or donations, but I do make money from advertising, and re selling my traffic.

My outgoings for the two fauctets I currently have is around 2.5BTC per mth but I aim to make what ever I spend x2,

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████