Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:10:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My new website about Bitcoin, The Blockchain, and Altcoins- ontheblockchain.net  (Read 670 times)
DerekGA (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:35:01 AM

I just finished the initial building of a website about Bitcoin and the Blockchain, and was curious what people here thought of it:

www.ontheblockchain.net
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:11:19 AM

it looks neat and very clean, but personally i would utilize the whole space you have for your site, i'm talking about the both sides, which are empty
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:06:17 PM

It's a nice site, but I think the dark green color is not suitable with the Bitcoin icon which is orange and white. Maybe it will be nice if the dark green change to white, and I think every corner of the border must be more sharp.
And that's my opinion Wink

faucet used to be profitable
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:29:45 PM

it looks neat and very clean, but personally i would utilize the whole space you have for your site, i'm talking about the both sides, which are empty

I disagree. Good design also means knowing where to leave empty spaces.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:34:48 PM

It's a nice site, but I think the dark green color is not suitable with the Bitcoin icon which is orange and white. Maybe it will be nice if the dark green change to white, and I think every corner of the border must be more sharp.

I agree with this. The green should be a bit lighter and more flat. However the content of the website so far covers  for it's design flaws. I wish you best of luck!

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 10:46:46 PM

I disagree. Good design also means knowing where to leave empty spaces.

I agree with this disagree.  Smiley  Looks like the OP was planning for older monitors and phones with less resolution.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
DerekGA (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:27:18 PM

Hi, thanks for the comment!  Do you mean change all the dark green to white?  If so, I'm not sure how I feel about that...  Seems like a lot of white.  I also liked the idea of having a different color as the background behind the Bitcoin logo, to help the white "B" stand out more.  If a lighter background color would be better though, I'm open to that.  As for the corners, what if they were still round, but not AS round?  To me that seems more appealing than totally squaring them off- gives them some personality.   Cool
DerekGA (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:46:31 PM

I agree with this. The green should be a bit lighter and more flat. However the content of the website so far covers  for it's design flaws. I wish you best of luck!

Hi, thanks for the feedback!  Do you mean the green behind the Bitcoin logo, or the whole background?  And by flat, do you mean the color, or less of a texture on the background?  I was thinking myself it would be better if the top part and menu was closer to teal than the green it is now.  I'm open to suggestions- The one hard rule I am sticking to, though, is I want to avoid using blue as the primary background color since the site has the word "blockchain" in the title.  Thanks for the vote of confidence in the site- glad you liked it!   
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 02:36:49 AM

In my honest opinion, I really don't like the current design.
I mean, the color does not fit the Bitcoin logo but the design is.......ok.

Also, the Bitcoin price widget should be at the top so people can easily spot it when they open/visit your website.
Moreover, the background looks a bit empty, I suggest you to add background image.
Last but not least, one thing I like about your website is it load very fast even though my connection is slow.

Good luck with your website!

Life sucks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: