Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:48:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy bitcoins with credit card?  (Read 6948 times)
drakedog (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:21:08 PM

hello newbie here

is it possible to buy bitcoins with a canadian credit card? i'm trying to find a way to get some bitcoins asap but i can't really find a way to pay for them lol

any suggestions? D:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 08:43:47 PM

There are a few methods listed at http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/mpw95/n00bie_q_how_can_i_buy_bitcoins_with_a_visa/ -- I don't know if they still work (topic is old), or if it being a Canadian card makes a difference.

In general it sounds like you may have to go through several virtual currencies/exchange systems, so it may take some research to find something that works for you.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
drakedog (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:47:16 PM

There are a few methods listed at http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/mpw95/n00bie_q_how_can_i_buy_bitcoins_with_a_visa/ -- I don't know if they still work (topic is old), or if it being a Canadian card makes a difference.

In general it sounds like you may have to go through several virtual currencies/exchange systems, so it may take some research to find something that works for you.
I just found out about interac-e transfers, which would be extremely easy to use if I can find someone who accepts it

can anybody recommend me a website or person to buy bitcoins from using interac-e

and thank you for the link, I'll look into it if I can't find someone who uses interac-e transfers
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:49:23 PM

buy bitcoins with credit card?
Unlikely - the problem is, any credit card transaction can be reversed. By issuing a charge back for example.
Bitcoin transactions, however, can not be reversed.

So whoever sells bitcoins to you and accepts credit card payments, takes a pretty big risk of getting ripped off.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
drakedog (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:59:08 PM

buy bitcoins with credit card?
Unlikely - the problem is, any credit card transaction can be reversed. By issuing a charge back for example.
Bitcoin transactions, however, can not be reversed.

So whoever sells bitcoins to you and accepts credit card payments, takes a pretty big risk of getting ripped off.
oh I never thought of that, I guess that's probably why I couldn't find any websites that accept credit card
drakedog (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:03:36 PM

you cant scam people with interac-e transfer right? lol I only got 40 mins logged in this forum and I want to buy from a user through interac-e transfer but will anyone trust me? I will obviously send money first I just need $140 worth of btc
anexsia

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:07:33 AM

I have recently used Virwox to purchase bitcoins with credit card and Paypal...you buy the "linden dollars" and then exchange them for bitcoins. The fee was kind of high but it was worth it to me to have the convenience of using a credit card or Paypal.
drakedog (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:18:51 AM

I have recently used Virwox to purchase bitcoins with credit card and Paypal...you buy the "linden dollars" and then exchange them for bitcoins. The fee was kind of high but it was worth it to me to have the convenience of using a credit card or Paypal.
thank you I'll check it out
anexsia

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:29:30 AM

You're welcome  Smiley They have a FAQ up that explains the process (I was kinda confused at first). I had a heck of a time finding a place that would accept credit card or Paypal so it was finally nice to find a place that would do it.
drakedog (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:36:11 AM

You're welcome  Smiley They have a FAQ up that explains the process (I was kinda confused at first). I had a heck of a time finding a place that would accept credit card or Paypal so it was finally nice to find a place that would do it.
Smiley
going to try this real soon because I had no luck finding someone who sells bitcoins and accepts interac-e transfer
thanks again
gurki

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:10:07 AM

Where is this FAQ? I've been trying to do this but it seems i need an "avatar" which i don't have. Thanks for any help.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:15:39 AM

You can use Cavirtex and make a direct deposit.
https://www.cavirtex.com/

gurki

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:37:24 AM

You can use Cavirtex and make a direct deposit.
https://www.cavirtex.com/

Does this work with paypal Knight?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 08:04:19 PM

http://bensonsamuel.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/dragons-tale-play-to-win-bitcoin/
Here you go, buy bitcoins with Credit Card

Bucky_Rich

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:00:17 AM

they designed the system to prevent people from stealing peoples credit cards and buying bitcoins with them
firstlady0524

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:35:49 AM

https://www.virwox.com/

Works perfectly although it may take 2 days to get your coins
wmx.support

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 09:05:04 PM

they designed the system to prevent people from stealing peoples credit cards and buying bitcoins with them

Hope that system to last long, but I doubt that
ryann

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:35:21 AM

you cant scam people with interac-e transfer right? lol I only got 40 mins logged in this forum and I want to buy from a user through interac-e transfer but will anyone trust me? I will obviously send money first I just need $140 worth of btc

How is it that i cant make my own thread? But you can post after 40 mins? Ive been wanting to post a new thread on this forum since i got here and cannot
buybitcoinbycreditcard
Donator

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 01:17:36 AM

Hello.

Please try our website.

https://buybitcoinbycreditcard.com

Thank you.

16yypxGNRfhLJEQF1EUPB3R6uijEtDv5Pa
armenmerikyan

Activity: 244

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 01:25:30 AM

Do you have an iPhone ? you can try my app BrownieCoins App at the apple app store. browniecoins.com

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: