Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:20:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with synchronisation  (Read 659 times)
Kirall (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:39:19 PM

hi everybody, i have a problem with my Mulyibit Client, i want to send btc but Multibit is not fully synchronized, i'm waiting for a long time and i get one of this 2 issues:

1) the blockchain are downloaded for each day but stop at a random day and stay blocked for hours.

2) it's written synchronizing with network and it's stay blocked for looooong time.

please help me i used Multibit one month ago and never get this problem.
Kirall (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:29:54 PM

i did a synchro it stay blocked at 99% the 8 may , they no want to continue synchro :/
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 10:55:41 AM

A good check to do if you see this problem is to check the time that is set on your computer.
If this is manually set to the wrong day then you'll see sync problems.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
essexsend

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:56:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been using MultiBit for I think about two years now and it has been great or was, usually I upgrade to the latest issue at least I tried which at the time of writing this is version 0.5.18, however try as I might I could only get a few of my wallets to sync up and everytime I closed MultiBit or loaded up the next wallet, yes I had to do it one by one, it would restart the sync from scratch and on 0.5.18 this meant 1998 or something similar. It took weeks to load about four of the wallets and refused to sync the last remaining wallet no matter what order I had done it in, this after months of trying in various combinations All wallets open, one wallet + second wallet + third wallet and so on.

Eventually I reverted back to version 0.5.14 which at least would sync within I would say two days, sometimes less dependent on how many times I needed to restart the process due to internet drop out. Until now!!!

However, for perhaps the twentieth time in a row I have tried to sync with the network using version 0.5.14 and even at one point I even installed bitcoin daemon local but this made no difference at all. It took I think from memory 65Gb of harddisk and totally failed to improve the syncing of p2p data on MultiBit. I monitored the logs and everytime I reset it, it starts at March 30th 2014 (at least a little better than 1998 you can't imagine how long that took on 0.5.18) it might get to June 2014 of the same year or perhaps Jan 2015 but would just not complete, at least not yet. If the internet drops of course MultiBit appears not to resume when network is finally re-established. Two days to sync is way to long in any case. The multibit.log original one that is, is a massive 37Mb so am attempting to use a newly created one in the hope it completes the sync on this round.

I don't mind it syncing but the process of restarting from scratch everytime MultiBit is started - There has to be another way!

hi everybody, i have a problem with my Mulyibit Client, i want to send btc but Multibit is not fully synchronized, i'm waiting for a long time and i get one of this 2 issues:

1) the blockchain are downloaded for each day but stop at a random day and stay blocked for hours.

2) it's written synchronizing with network and it's stay blocked for looooong time.

please help me i used Multibit one month ago and never get this problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: