Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:03:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Greece bankruptcy fuel the next Bitcoin rally?  (Read 2250 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:58:32 AM

As in any area, those ahead of the curve are looking to preserve their wealth and authorize a portion of said wealth into some serious growth factors. In true form, the wealthy-money conscious are more in-tune w/ strategies sooner than the rest so I'd expect the likes of those Greeks to come into our fertile ground prior to the rest. So many of the regulars there are simpletons and focusing on what the government should do for them rather than believing in themselves to find an escape route.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:40:00 AM

Nah, Cyprus had nothing to do with it and I'm sick and tired of this nonsense about Greece leaving the Eurozone.

If you live in the EU and think that the banking system might collapse or that the Euro might collapse, you don't purchase BTC, you try to withdraw as much money as you possible can and keep it in cash. If the government ever implements a pesofication of all depositor accounts you can bet people will be trying to smuggle euros into other, more stable European countries.

This of coarse is the first thing the majority of people will do, try to withdraw cash. But when everyone is in hard cash and unbanked how will people make international or even some local payments with cash especially when your wealth is in $100 bills?
I think bitcoin will prove a store of wealth in this situation and might attract moderate attention, but I think that Bitcoin will mostly take off as a medium of small and personal online payments especially.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:09:08 PM

cyprus had no impact on bitcoin. it was pure coincedence. greece bankruptcy will also not have an impact on bitcoin as there are safer ways of getting money out of the country.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a coincidence. I very much doubt that a single Cypriot got involved but it could well have inspired people who were already into BTC to go deeper into it. It's exactly the type of situation it's best suited for in theory and they would've gotten all excited.

i understand your point. and yes that might have been playing a certain role in the peak at that time. but it didn't last while the problems in cyprus and other countries were getting worse.

I agree. It's likely to have provided a spike of excitement to those already in the know and nothing more.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:46:06 PM

I think the Greeks played for time, come November podemos might win in Spain. A UKIP win in May will also work in their favor.
A rebellion by more southern states -against Germany- is a question of time.
The Greeks just need to hang in there as long as they can and hope that change comes..
BlackSpidy

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:19:37 AM

I dont think it would effect the price that much. At least not in the current market. It would give it a bit of a bump. We're going flat for a few months, I think. Hey, maybe this new found stability will get some eyes on bitcoin, bring the price up slowly and steadily.

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

To the greek government, the use of the euro is in practise the same as the use of relatively sound money. The euro is sound in the sense that the government (of Greece) can not manipulate it, although the eurogroup can and does.

So if you wonder what sound money will do to governments, look only to Greece.

BTCat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:42:49 PM

So here we go?

Bitcoin surges as Grexit worries mount, posts best run in 18 months

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102763842
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:07:22 PM

So this is the full speech but where can we see it translated in to English? https://youtu.be/_9rj_Q454lM
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:00:36 PM

So here we go?

Indeed, it seems it's turn for the Greek now. This is Cyprus 2.0 all over again. If only they know better and fully adopted Bitcoin instead of trying to fight an already lost war, they would get somewhere, but they will keep failing into the same traps. Unfortunately politicians are too moronic when it comes to BTC. I hope that at least it serves well for individuals trying to keep their wealth away from the up and coming total freezing of financial assets.
sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:08:11 PM

So here we go?

Indeed, it seems it's turn for the Greek now. This is Cyprus 2.0 all over again. If only they know better and fully adopted Bitcoin instead of trying to fight an already lost war, they would get somewhere, but they will keep failing into the same traps. Unfortunately politicians are too moronic when it comes to BTC. I hope that at least it serves well for individuals trying to keep their wealth away from the up and coming total freezing of financial assets.

Today an announcement was posted of the first Bitcoin ATM in Greece in the Greek section of bitcointalk. It should help individuals buy Bitcoins in case of the total freezing of financial assets. I guess it's going to get a lot of business very quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1091701.0

Here is a Google translation of it.

The fact is, the first Bitcoin ATM is located in Greece, namely in Athens and in a few days will operate normally. The exact location will be announced when the site will be operational. The ATM is Satoshi 1 of Genesis company ( https://bitcoinatm.com ) and linked to the platform www.bitcoinsgreece.com
BTCat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:11:08 PM

Greeks are rushing to Bitcoin

Ten times as many Greeks are registering to trade bitcoins on the German marketplace Bitcoin.de than usual, according to CEO Oliver Flaskaemper. Bitcoin trades from Greece have shot up 79% from their ten-week average on Bitstamp, the world's third-largest exchange.
Even trading platforms in China are getting interest. LakeBTC, headquartered in Shanghai, is seeing a 40% increase in visitors using computers in Greece.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/29/technology/greece-bitcoin/

hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:18:11 PM

Too late for the Greeks to make a big impact, however the rest of the world is taking notice.

Capitol controls can happen anywhere, prepare accordingly unless you would like to help to bail out your mismanaged government.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:46:24 PM

to be honest i didn't expect to see a nearly one month old post about what is going on right now.

i say that the recent rise to $260 was as the result of Greeks moving towards bitcoin.

but do you think that this is the start of the rally? and how high do you think it is going to go?

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:06:03 PM

to be honest i didn't expect to see a nearly one month old post about what is going on right now.

i say that the recent rise to $260 was as the result of Greeks moving towards bitcoin.

but do you think that this is the start of the rally? and how high do you think it is going to go?

one is hoping that the greece could start a chain reaction, were many other nations, will follow and boost even more what bitcoin is aiming

if this will not happen, it's a bit illusional to think that greece's crisis, will rise bitcoin to a very good level
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: