Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
Mayweather - 3 (18.8%)
Pacquiao - 13 (81.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who really won? Mayweather vs. Pacquiao  (Read 1497 times)
brendanjhwu (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:08:33 PM

I know it's a little bit late, but i haven't seen anyone real talk about it on this forum.
caskey4521

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:18:54 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 03:49:13 PM by caskey4521

The result is a total madness and a result of mafia syndicate. I review the fight many times. Pacquiao threw and able to hit more punches than gayweather.

FYI, if you don't know, the mayweather promotion select the judges and the referee. Select the ring size and the glooves. Those bastards are under Mayweather's payroll.
Chavez

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:38:59 PM

I know it's a little bit late, but i haven't seen anyone real talk about it on this forum.

There's been plenty of discussion. Mayweather won but they should have a rematch I think. Mayweather is contracted for one more fight and anyone else will just be a disappointment so he should fight Manny again when he's 100% fit.
jerol31

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:31:04 PM

For me the real winner as Pacquiao...
iram91445

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:53:44 PM

after the fight Pacquiao said that he thought he won because Mayweather was only running Cheesy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6VrmXV8qU

brendanjhwu (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:17:36 AM

Statistically Mayweather beat Pacquiao by far.

However, I don't think it was a boxing match for Mayweather... it was a dance-off. Cool
xKomatsu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:48:07 AM

Statistically Mayweather beat Pacquiao by far.

However, I don't think it was a boxing match for Mayweather... it was a dance-off. Cool

The statistics of the match isnt true if you will watch the whole fight again
ipbo

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:03:02 AM

That day boxing was already dead, what a messed fight. Hope for a rematch.
inigthz

Activity: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:30:15 AM

It's all about money.
DropsOfJupiter

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 06:10:40 AM

Mayweather was the clear winner. He played a strategic game, as he has always done for most of his career.
Mayweather landed more punches, an indisputable fact. He connected 148 of 435 punches (34.0%), compared to 81 of 429 for Manny (18.9%).
He jabbed, retreated and when Manny got within punching distance, Mayweather just locked him.
This is boxing after all, not a street brawl.

This is the judges' scorecard, which many other neutral observers agreed with (including The Guardian, which scored the fight 116-112 well before the judges' score was announced).

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe
Skinnyman

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:04:51 AM

Very much doubt there will be a rematch though I'm surprised Floyd isn't interested seeing as they'd get massive amounts of money for it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32648613

Floyd Mayweather says he will not fight Manny Pacquiao again after branding the Filipino a "coward" and a "sore loser".

I don't think Manny is a coward but he is being a bit of a sore loser.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:42:24 AM

The boxing match of a century was a complete joke both were poor.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:05:36 PM

Pacquiao was the clear winner and mayweather has now rejected the rematch which is a shame. I think it was fixed that night and he knows he cant get away with it a second time look at the poll results 8 people 100% think pac deserved to win its clear and all over the internet is claiming it was a hoax.

MrQuickie

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:06:05 PM

Mayweather was the clear winner. He played a strategic game, as he has always done for most of his career.
Mayweather landed more punches, an indisputable fact. He connected 148 of 435 punches (34.0%), compared to 81 of 429 for Manny (18.9%).
He jabbed, retreated and when Manny got within punching distance, Mayweather just locked him.

This is the judges' scorecard, which many other neutral observers agreed with (including The Guardian, which scored the fight 116-112 well before the judges' score was announced).

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/5/3/1430630344994/fad2e15b-d049-4418-aea5-e8456a9176e8-620x465.jpeg

in the scorecard, the winner is the boxer in the red corner, do you remember who is in the red corner? it is Pacquiao. Who chose the refferee? who chose the judges? Do you honestly think mayweather win the match? he can even fight he is always running. Define boxing, im sure it is not running
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:07:59 PM

in the scorecard, the winner is the boxer in the red corner, do you remember who is in the red corner? it is Pacquiao. Who chose the refferee? who chose the judges? Do you honestly think mayweather win the match? he can even fight he is always running. Define boxing, im sure it is not running

I heared hes signed up for a lot of marathons recently  Cheesy Good hes a disgraace to boxing

MrQuickie

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:17:15 PM

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/5/3/1430630344994/fad2e15b-d049-4418-aea5-e8456a9176e8-620x465.jpeg

I heared hes signed up for a lot of marathons recently  Cheesy Good hes a disgraace to boxing
[/quote

Gayweather is claiming he is the greatest in boxing, even greater than ali, but all he do is run run run.
DropsOfJupiter

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 02:58:42 PM

[/quote

Gayweather is claiming he is the greatest in boxing, even greater than ali, but all he do is run run run.

Even in the face of evidence, you two refuse to accept the result and still think this is some giant conspiracy.  Roll Eyes
Mayweather was the smarter fighter, and it showed the longer the fight progressed as Manny became visibly tired and slower.
But maybe you two are right. The fighter who threw and connected the lower number of punches should win. Forget about the rules, just award fights to boxers who appear more aggressive in the opening rounds. After all, Ebola is fake, Obama is Kenyan and flight MH370 was shot down by aliens. Tongue

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe
Sefton

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:16:43 PM

Even in the face of evidence, you two refuse to accept the result and still think this is some giant conspiracy.  Roll Eyes
Mayweather was the smarter fighter, and it showed the longer the fight progressed as Manny became visibly tired and slower.
But maybe you two are right. The fighter who threw and connected the lower number of punches should win. Forget about the rules, just award fights to boxers who appear more aggressive in the opening rounds. After all, Ebola is fake, Obama is Kenyan and flight MH370 was shot down by aliens. Tongue

You can't argue with stats, but watching the fight from an impartial view Mayweather was the clear winner as boring as the fight was. I guess conspiracies are always more exciting, especially when the facts/truth are boring and not the outcome they want.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:10:00 PM

Everybody should have expected the "fight of the century" to be a shitty fight. It was all set up for the money, and they both made loads and loads of it. Although I do have a deep hatred for Floyd and his boxing style, I can't argue that Manny lost. He got outboxed. He threw and connected less punches! Manny, regarded as one of the fastest boxers, threw and landed less punches than Floyd, who only punches when he needs to. If you thought this was going to be a slugfest, you've obviously never watched Floyd box before. And though I don't like it, I can't deny that he's a smart boxer, and the clear winner of the fight.
Do I want a rematch? Kinda. I'm not really sure anymore
Will it happen? No chance.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 11:34:59 PM

Mayweathere won.  He was smarter and his stats were better.  Of courshise, to many, he just played like a wuss.... But hey.  This isn't street fighting.  This is heya money fight, cause now both sides are swimming in cash.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: