Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Revolution ongoing in Europe?  (Read 8913 times)
DATA COMMANDER

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:04:43 PM

My point is that libertarians are not against all initiations of force.

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:10:12 PM

Really?  How does your post make this point?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
DATA COMMANDER

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:11:45 PM

Are you serious?

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:16:46 PM

Are you serious?

Yes.  I'm seriously asking how your strawman situation supports your claim that libs are not against all initiations of force.  This may or may not be true for any given lib, but lets leave that aside for a moment and examine your contrived situation.  If someone steals my coat from the coatrack at a resturant, how does that affect my views on initiation of force?  He initiated force, after all, because I was denied use of my own property.  I'm not likely to be terriblely concerned about the theft of a coat, beyond the inconvience of the moment, but my freedom to decide to give my coat away or not was denied me by someone else.  Was it not?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:24:53 PM

So, creighto,

You conceive the essence of "economic violence".

As it is "economic violence" to get your coat, it may be also "economic violence" to use own wealth as a weapon... There's no "high ground" or "sanctuary" of ownership, a thing just belongs to you as long as you can keep it that way, when you can't... well... appeal to morality wouldn't probably help much.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:28:15 PM

So, creighto,

You conceive the essence of "economic violence".

As it is "economic violence" to get your coat, it may be also "economic violence" to use own wealth as a weapon... There's no "high ground" or "sanctuary" of ownership, a thing just belongs to you as long as you can keep it that way, when you can't... well... appeal to morality wouldn't probably help much.

I can conceive it, this doesn't mean that I agree with your interpretations of it.  There is an implicit agreement between myself and the restraunt owner, that he agrees that I own what I arrived with (so long as there is no credible claim otherwise) and thus, by agreeing to take responsibility for my property, is partially responsible for defending it against theft or destruction.

DATA COMMANDER

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:29:32 PM

Quote from: creighto
He initiated force, after all, because I was denied use of my own property.

This is what I'm talking about when I say that libertarians have redefined words. You were denied the use of your coat, but not by force. Theft and robbery are not synonymous.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:33:52 PM

He initiated force, after all, because I was denied use of my own property.

This is what I'm talking about when I say that libertarians have redefined words. You were denied the use of your coat, but not by force. Theft and robbery are not synonymous.

I was denied my coat by deception, but it would have required the use of force if the deception had failed.  Otherwise, why bother to sneaksteal?  If the person is entitiled to my coat because I'm not wearing it, what does it matter if I know that he is stealing it?  It's because theft is still the act that initiates the force.  Initiation of force is not the same as the use of force.

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:47:26 PM

I can conceive it, this doesn't mean that I agree with your interpretations of it.  There is an implicit agreement between myself and the restraunt owner, that he agrees that I own what I arrived with (so long as there is no credible claim otherwise) and thus, by agreeing to take responsibility for my property, is partially responsible for defending it against theft or destruction.

I wasn't referring to "keep of ownership" above this specific hypothesis but in abstract.
But back on that hypothesis: Say you're rich and lack... some respect... so that coat has diamond-made letters saying  "F**k all niggers" sew to it. This would bend the initiation of force to your side... even if you "own it" and was "damn expensive". "Violence" is not linear.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:49:29 PM

I wasn't referring to "keep of ownership" above this specific hypothesis but in abstract.
But back on that hypothesis: Say you're rich and lack... some respect... so that coat has diamond-made letters saying  "F**k all niggers" sew to it. This would bend the initiation of force to your side... even if you "own it" and was "damn expensive". "Violence" is not linear.

So?  Freedom of speech means that the government can come after me for what I say, but that does not mean that I won't have to deal with those other citizens that I tend to offend.

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 12:05:17 AM

No, nothing to do with governments, but insulting can be considered also an initiator of violence.
The whole point is that there's always violence... no matter what. Trying to be rational and avoid it seams the best thing to do, but have an organized force (police) to deal with it is still a need.

|

|
DATA COMMANDER

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 12:14:38 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2011, 07:33:59 PM by DATA COMMANDER

I was denied my coat by deception...

False.

...but it would have required the use of force if the deception had failed.

Speculation. If the "deception" had failed, perhaps the thief would have run away. You can't assume that he would have robbed you.

Otherwise, why bother to sneaksteal?

Because I like coats, but I don't want to physically harm you?

It's because theft is still the act that initiates the force.

You are confusing theft with robbery.

Initiation of force is not the same as the use of force.

Huh?

Quote from: Wikipedia
The initiation of force is the start, or beginning, of the use of physical and/or legal coercion, violence, or restraint.

I walked into the restaurant, headed for the coat room as if I had a reason to be there, grabbed your coat, and walked out of the restaurant. When, exactly, did the "physical and/or legal coercion, violence or restraint" start or begin?

mike002

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:11:48 PM

They will all go back home as winter approaches.

Nice joke :DD (y)
LakeDaivt

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:27:02 PM

Don't want to sound rude, but it's just another movement that everyone will forget
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:13:03 PM

too bad this thread is from 2011 and we still dont have a revolution  Roll Eyes

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:24:02 PM

It has started 15th May, and has already start to spread from Spain to Lisbon, Paris, Athens, London, Dublin, Amsterdam...
Are we about to see a new order to surface?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCoF3j_RcHg

Cut the social assistance, you'll stop the immigration from Africa and the Middle East, people without handouts will be forced to go to work.

There's probably another reason, low birthrate in affluent countries. If population shrinks the whole economic growth ponzi scheme falls apart. So they decided to import a higher birthrate.
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:26:20 PM

I am against Democracy when it results in situations like my country.

The best way to describe my country is:

2 wolves and a sheep voting for dinner.

I like this metaphor...

What country do you live in?

EDIT: 2011, oppps, didn't see the date
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1344

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:20:36 AM

There's probably another reason, low birthrate in affluent countries. If population shrinks the whole economic growth ponzi scheme falls apart. So they decided to import a higher birthrate.

Immigration is not the only solution to solve the low birth rate crisis. Look at countries such as Japan and South Korea. Despite having birth rates which are lower than most of the European Union nations, these countries have decided not to import the third world immigrants. On the other hand, they are mostly relying on automation in the manufacturing sector.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Feel free to drop your doubts bellow
Report to moderator 
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦       ▬▬▬ ▬          Stake.com     /     Play Smarter          ▬ ▬▬▬       ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
L E A D I N G   C R Y P T O  C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S   B E T T I N G

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1061

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Ignore

Re: [OPEN]Stake.com NEW SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN l NEW PAYRATES l HERO & LEG ONLY
May 31, 2022, 08:28:59 AM
Reply with quote  +Merit  #2
Bitcointalk Username: strongkored
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=640554
Forum Rank: Legendary
Are you able to wear our Signature, Avatar & Personal Text? will wear upon receipt
Stake
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: