Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:43:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone used the Moneypak or PayPal My Cash Cards to buy btc's??  (Read 1124 times)
cwick (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:43:27 PM

i just found out about it a few days ago and it allegedly works fine...

the site is: Moneypakforbitcoins.us

you load either card with the amount of $ you want, then goto the site, enter your email, the pin# of the card, amount of purchase, and then your btc address....

i havent tried it yet (im a big circle fan which i use my pp acct with Smiley...but i def want to try it....

if any1 has lemme know how it went.....

thanks! Wink

cwick 
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:46:46 PM

Moneypaks are dead and that site is most likely a scam. Are you the owner?  Tongue

Where did you see this site works fine?
cwick (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:52:29 PM

no im not, lol....moneypaks actualy atill work, you just have to swipe the card now you want to put $ on...(they got rid of the scratch off number)

but paypal my cash cards work fine...i use them all the time.

goto the site and have a look...www.moneypakforbitcoins.us
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:32:04 PM

no im not, lol....moneypaks actualy atill work, you just have to swipe the card now you want to put $ on...(they got rid of the scratch off number)

but paypal my cash cards work fine...i use them all the time.

goto the site and have a look...www.moneypakforbitcoins.us

That site is asking for PINs (not credit card numbers) and showing pictures of moneypak reload / scratch off cards. How are they going to reload your card without the card itself or do you have to physically mail them your card or they mail you a card.

Pretty sure it's a scam. Stay away. There is no reason to trust this site and it should be treated the same way as a brand new member here asking you send first.

Again, where did you hear good things or that it works?
cwick (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:38:39 PM

a guy ive known for quite awhile said he tried it with (with a paypal my cash card) and said it worked. he tried it with just a little bit of $ (price of card and $10 of btc) so if it didnt work hed be out less than a 20, lol....

sooo.....i might try it the same way. if it doesnt work im only out like $15, and will cont to use circle...  Wink
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:41:41 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 09:12:41 PM by xetsr

a guy ive known for quite awhile said he tried it with (with a paypal my cash card) and said it worked. he tried it with just a little bit of $ (price of card and $10 of btc) so if it didnt work hed be out less than a 20, lol....

sooo.....i might try it the same way. if it doesnt work im only out like $15, and will cont to use circle...  Wink

Well good luck to you with that.

I recommend that everyone else stay away from this site. They are basically using the same or very similar template to a scam moneypak site I've seen in the past but can't remember the domain.

Remember that small amounts add up and scammers love guys who think, hey it's only $20 why not give it a try.

Edit: most like a scam site. Hosted on the same server as goldxcash.net, google them and goldxcash.com Wink Might just a poor choice of picking a domain. Brand new site with no rep besides a shill / alt posting on forums. Accepting paypal mycash card as payment at bitstamp spot is also highly unlikely.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:23:55 AM

Going to put my opinion in as well. The site looks extremely sketchy and I can guarantee you it's a complete scam. No legitimate exchange would have such a poor system and open ended system in buying Bitcoin. Site layout and design is awful...looks like something that was designed to be in use for a few months while it lasts.

Doesn't happen to be related to this does it?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213918.0
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:13:20 AM

suggest you approach with extreme caution

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: