Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin will replace DRK/DASH ?  (Read 3981 times)
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:13:10 AM

Agree, there is no really anonymous coin only if you don't use it to buy anything real.
bitcoin can be anonymous if you use it properly.

Delusions, use third party mixers?

People were happy with banks too, satoshi opened their eyes. Bitcoin is just a small carrier to big things. True financial privacy and ownership is coming, buckle up
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:28:34 AM

I think the shadowcash team is doing a great job building an untraceable coin with built in encrypted messaging and a decentralized marketplace.  SDC is the most undervalued coin for the technology that they are building.

A Zero Knowledge Protocol coin may be the one that prevails
What is so good about SDC. I see a lot of people hyping it but there is very little or no explanation as to why it is superior.
Why is it so good?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 12:32:58 PM

Anon coins are just an excuse for pump and dump schemes. Period.
HAHAHA you do not even understand the reason crypto currencies were created do you? fuck me dead.. to escape the collapsing fiat system, that was the purpose of BTC this will only work with a annon coin, BTC failed but laid the path for others.

It seems that you are the one who does not understand how this will "work" in the first place.
There are plenty of ways to keep your identity in secret with any some of the coins out there.
If you think that some months or years from now you will start waving your "thing", bragging that your coins are untraceable, then think again.
This is only one more reason for authorities to be more harsh with cryptocurrencies. Nothing more!

But some of those ways are much, much better than other ways and that is the point.  Wink

I will ask you again if authorities start seeing this as a way of "printing" money and use them for suspicious endeavours.

I'm guessing that you are talking about if governments defined cryptocurrencies as printing money that they could declare them illegal?
Which AFAIK has already been determined not to be the case in the US as was discussed much in the early goings of Bitcoin legislation, nor would this exclude Bitcoin if the regulators decided to view the existing laws differently.

Now as the specific statement that i think you are making about a coin being anonymous and therefore used for suspicious activities and that having some impact on there legality or regulation, again I'm guessing at your meaning. I would say that it also falls on Bitcoin if you believe it can be made anonymous enough. Now, if you are saying Bitcoin isn't that anonymous, and more anonymous coins can be singled out for regulation or legality, I'd content that as long as they give you the ability to show authorities your transaction history for legal or tax purposes, then you would be keeping with the law and no distinction could be made between a coin with a transparent ledger than one with a opaque ledger. Monero does this with a viewkey as I'm sure any of the cryptonight coins could also.

Did i interpret your meaning clearly?

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 12:44:39 PM

Now, if you are saying Bitcoin isn't that anonymous, and more anonymous coins can be singled out for regulation or legality, I'd content that as long as they give you the ability to show authorities your transaction history for legal or tax purposes, then you would be keeping with the law and no distinction could be made between a coin with a transparent ledger than one with a opaque ledger. Monero does this with a viewkey as I'm sure any of the cryptonight coins could also.

Did i interpret your meaning clearly?

^
This.

As long as things are transparent, I think there will be no issues. Problem is that cryptocurrencies must be developed to be adopted more widely, rather than focus on that notorious anonymity for which so many people are eager about. If we look on cryptocurrencies as money, then you can't just think you can do whatever you want without expecting some consequences.

AdamWhite (OP)

Activity: 605

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:46:44 PM

of course CRAVE!!!

Monero

Please explain why you believe so 

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:45:42 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 06:13:25 AM by —

What coin will replace DRK/DASH ?

Well Stellar just replaced it at cmc as number 4 and the jokeDogecoin has more volume.
By the look of things it is a game of nerves at the moment .   Does Paycoin rings a bell?

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
bitbets

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:59:53 AM

There will be a big market for anon coins in the coming years..

Now that DRK/DASH is a proven instamine scam with zero credibility, what coin will replace it and why?

In the real world, if a business changes its name a couple of times, people wonder about that,
and the business would likely lose money from doing that,
but in the fantasy world of crypto, a coin changes its name twice and who notices and who cares?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
bbreconomy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:53:47 AM

Boolberry Compared to Bitcoin
In comparison to Bitcoin forks, Boolberry is developed on newer CryptoNote technology, making it of more flexible architecture. The main benefit of CryptoNote technology is anonymity of the sender and recipient along with transaction unlinkability. This provides great protection to user's privacy which is highly important today.

Boolberry benefits:
  • Ring Signature based cryptography, which ensures new level of privacy, anonymity and unlinkability
  • Separate Wallet and Daemon provide and additional level of security and cloud compatibility
  • Flexible RPC-like network protocol with forward and backward capability provides ability to extend network interaction format quickly and painlessly.
  • New ASIC-Resistant Hash algorithm named Wild Keccack takes the SHA3 Keccak to a higher level.

Boolberry Compared to CryptoNote
Boolberry was designed from the beginning to address several issues with Ordinary CryptoNote coins such incomplete anonymity and block chain bloat.
  • Unlinkable outputs ensures the user's anonymity is not broken due to zero mixin usage.
  • Transaction identification by prefix allows Boolberry to cut ring signatures from block chain reducing block chain size by 60-90%, depending on mixin usage.
  • Removed Dust from block reward to reduce block chain size even more.
  • New block chain based PoW hash provides faster synchronization with network and immunity from DoS attacks.
  • Network Alerts allow developers to broadcast messages about critical updates or other important events to the network
  • Donation-based crowd-funding: Boolberry has an open and transparent model of project financing with a maximum of 1% of mined coins reserved for project development. The actual rate is controlled by network participants (miners) using votes. Boolberry gives a fixed percentage to the CryptoNote founders.
  • Wallet address aliasing: any wallet can be linked with symbolic name via special type extra record in coinbase. Block chain will control registered names uniqueness.
  • More rational emission curve

This was a very impressive coin from the beginning. With the very slow emission curve it is the perfect coin to start mining now. Early adopters were not rewarded with the lion share of all coins. Of the Cryptonote coins with an official GUI (XDN, BCN and BBR) please look carefully at the emission schedules and decide which one looks the most equitable considering the coin features that existed at the time most coins were being distributed

I think Boolberry has great potential to displace DASH based on its superior technology and fair distribution
x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:49:49 AM

Nothing based on Bitcoin is anonymous, as long as packets are sent as plain text and peers listen on pre-defined port numbers there is no anonymity.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:14:17 PM

I have never heard a simple description of why DRK DASH is worth a shit.

XMR has always been expensive (expensive mistake for many in retrospect) but has normalized at current prices.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
@bb

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:23:18 PM

I'll never use a coin that isn't anonymous. Being stuck with a transparent blockchain would be a dystopian nightmare. I'd rather just scuttle cryptocurrency altogether at that point. This should be rather obvious to anyone with even a halfway functioning brain.

Then all anon coins are better than Bitcoin.

Not all anon cryptonote are better than Bitcoin. All protocols either bitcoin protocol or cryptonote protocols are safe (in term we never loose coin, because blockchain is protected by network) the only advantage of cryptonote over bitcoin is anon. But if you dont mind doing comparison again, BBR(stand for Boolberry) has enhanced cryptonote by inventing blockchain reduction(by pruning ring signature), fast pow wild keccak with scratchpad, wallet address aliasing, network alerts, nice gui wallet. Which result very fast synchonization with network, smooth transactions not to mention anonimity.

The only cons of cryptonote (not BBR) is blockchain size,  just try to resync XMR, it will take days, while Boolberry only needs few hours/minutes. Good practice of crypto is users should backup the blockchain regularly. You might notice recent BTC blockchain problems, it will happen again and again, syncing with network is really pain and wasting time unless blockchain backed up regularly, but also huge blockchain is difficult to be backed up regularly (daily backup for at least 10 days record).
XMRChina

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:28:09 PM

I'll never use a coin that isn't anonymous. Being stuck with a transparent blockchain would be a dystopian nightmare. I'd rather just scuttle cryptocurrency altogether at that point. This should be rather obvious to anyone with even a halfway functioning brain.

Not all anon cryptonote are better than Bitcoin. All protocols either bitcoin protocol or cryptonote protocols are safe (in term we never loose coin, because blockchain is protected by network) the only advantage of cryptonote over bitcoin is anon. But if you dont mind doing comparison again, BBR(stand for Boolberry) has enhanced cryptonote by inventing blockchain reduction(by pruning ring signature), fast pow wild keccak with scratchpad, wallet address aliasing, network alerts, nice gui wallet. Which result very fast synchonization with network, smooth transactions not to mention anonimity.

The only cons of cryptonote (not BBR) is blockchain size,  just try to resync XMR, it will take days, while Boolberry only needs few hours/minutes. Good practice of crypto is users should backup the blockchain regularly. You might notice recent BTC blockchain problems, it will happen again and again, syncing with network is really pain and wasting time unless blockchain backed up regularly, but also huge blockchain is difficult to be backed up regularly (daily backup for at least 10 days record).

I admit BBR has some nice features. However ignoring the community size and level of developer interest (which I think is very important) XMR may have another advantage.

Could it not be argued that not pruning is safer from a security standpoint (XMR does not prune)?
altslunk

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:08:13 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 05:27:54 AM by altslunk

Dash takes the most popular / trusted anonimization usage from the real world today (BTC tumbler) and makes it integrated / faster / more convenient / trustless with no 3rd partys.  Then it's ahead-of-time tumbling so you don't have to wait to mix with other anonymous transactions like Cryptonote (which is also unproven in the actual market due to it's lack of practically any adoption/usage).

Second the tech to do this (masternodes) provides an incentivized second-tier of fullnodes that can then be used for a lot of new uses not possible with Bitcoin's single-tier voluntary service provider approach. Features like instant transactions (transactions locked in the MN tier without having to wait for the next block) and decentralized governance / funding for coin development and pruning/abbreviation to prevent bloat and likely lots of use cases not envisaged yet, all provided by tier of (currently 2800+) fully hosted / maintained servers operated by the coin users themselves.  

The high value today compared to most other alts is a reflection of the potential value the market sees for the Dash 2-tier technology that positions Dash to capitalize better on opportunities and demand coming out of the ongoing merging of crypto currencies into main stream applications and services as the whole space matures.  In other words, 2-tier architecture is a much more versatile and flexible approach that provides a lot of added value, and is unique to Dash so it has the first-mover advantage.  This coupled with the track record of consistently delivering working features as planned with a very professional and busy dev team and the large community / ecosystem forming around it.  And has some of the most involved ongoing development of any coin e.g. https://dashtalk.org/forums/testing.53/ which is prerequisite to providing confidence it can succeed in delivering a value-add over Bitcoin from a technological perspective.

More details on the anonimization features from the main dev: https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/ltb-e196-distortions-towards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work

-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:31:06 AM

I belive that Zerocash/coin will replace any existent anon coin if it comes out.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:59:44 PM

Dash takes the most popular / trusted anonimization usage from the real world today (BTC tumbler) and makes it integrated / faster / more convenient / trustless with no 3rd partys.

Bolded phrase doesn't mean what you think it I means.

1st party = sender
2nd party = recipient
3rd party = masternode

Then it's ahead-of-time tumbling so you don't have to wait to mix with other anonymous transactions like Cryptonote

Bolded phrase is false.
redpepper

Activity: 76
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:31:50 AM

In my testing of all the coins based on CryptoNote, DigitalNote (XDN) has been the most solid.  So this anno coin is very much in my long term portfolio.  If the devs can keep producing solid code and features, I could see this rising to the top of all anno coins.   
25hashcoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:13:09 AM

Haven't heard of Monero yet?

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
@bb

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:27:27 AM

The only cons of cryptonote (not BBR) is blockchain size,  just try to resync XMR, it will take days, while Boolberry only needs few hours/minutes. Good practice of crypto is users should backup the blockchain regularly. You might notice recent BTC blockchain problems, it will happen again and again, syncing with network is really pain and wasting time unless blockchain backed up regularly, but also huge blockchain is difficult to be backed up regularly (daily backup for at least 10 days record).

I admit BBR has some nice features. However ignoring the community size and level of developer interest (which I think is very important) XMR may have another advantage.

Could it not be argued that not pruning is safer from a security standpoint (XMR does not prune)?

The dev team of BBR served the task of solving technical problems, and it has been never failed doing that. I think that is enough.

The full intact blockchain with all ring signature is provided. Check the website, there is a link to it.
dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:43:32 AM

In my testing of all the coins based on CryptoNote, DigitalNote (XDN) has been the most solid.  So this anno coin is very much in my long term portfolio.  If the devs can keep producing solid code and features, I could see this rising to the top of all anno coins.  
check SDC out this article explains it well https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/01/28/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymity/ also this one http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/shadowcash-introduces-shadowsend-v2-featuring-ring-signatures-zero-knowledge-anonymity-lots-more/ and this one http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-race-for-the-first-decentralised-silk-road-is-on
and we have just starting testing HD wallet and some other exciting things http://shadowtalk.org/topic/437/v1-3-testnet
dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:45:28 AM

You people are so far behind on new tech it's hilarious.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: