Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin will replace DRK/DASH ?  (Read 3981 times)
AdamWhite (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:34:14 PM

There will be a big market for anon coins in the coming years..

Now that DRK/DASH is a proven instamine scam with zero credibility, what coin will replace it and why?
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:40:09 PM

Anon coins are just an excuse for pump and dump schemes. Period.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:52:36 PM

dash the instamined coin was never a competitor. On a technical level, it's masternode scheme is PoS and by default centralizes the network(very bad thing). The only anon cryptocurrency thats worth it is Monero.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:58:20 PM

I'll never use a coin that isn't anonymous. Being stuck with a transparent blockchain would be a dystopian nightmare. I'd rather just scuttle cryptocurrency altogether at that point. This should be rather obvious to anyone with even a halfway functioning brain.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:59:45 PM

I'll never use a coin that isn't anonymous. Being stuck with a transparent blockchain would be a dystopian nightmare. I'd rather just scuttle cryptocurrency altogether at that point. This should be rather obvious to anyone with even a halfway functioning brain.

Then all anon coins are better than Bitcoin.

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:06:41 PM

Except for certain factors like liquidity and security, yes. These will be resolved once Monero/Dash/etc attain more users and market capitalization.  I don't use Bitcoin in any way other than as an investment vehicle.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:11:44 PM

Except for certain factors like liquidity and security, yes. These will be resolved once Monero/Dash/etc attain more users and market capitalization.  I don't use Bitcoin in any way other than as an investment vehicle.

Well... I don't think I can say something against that claim. Some people may understand why.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:14:04 PM

Now that DRK/DASH is a proven instamine scam with zero credibility, what coin will replace it and why?

My hope is that a new "Dark" styled coin will come along but the developer won't be a greedy twat.
I mean a small amount of premine... I can accept this.. But when you literally mined out half the damn coin sneaky style. Fuck you.

People still buy and sell that crap even after it's been proven it's nothing more than pre-mine garbage.. and that sayz volumes about the state of crypto in my humble opinion.. Stop hyping shitty premined coins and start backing innovation and fair play.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
25hashcoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:54:44 AM

Monero

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 01:59:07 AM

HAHAHA you do not even understand the reason crypto currencies were created do you? fuck me dead.. to escape the collapsing fiat system, that was the purpose of BTC this will only work with a annon coin, BTC failed but laid the path for others.
dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 02:03:13 AM

My hope is that a new "Dark" styled coin will come along but the developer won't be a greedy twat.
I mean a small amount of premine... I can accept this.. But when you literally mined out half the damn coin sneaky style. Fuck you.

People still buy and sell that crap even after it's been proven it's nothing more than pre-mine garbage.. and that sayz volumes about the state of crypto in my humble opinion.. Stop hyping shitty premined coins and start backing innovation and fair play.
It's called SDC, and it blows all competitors out of the water, including DRK Evan even tried to buy off the SDC team months ago they are that good, in 6 months they have delivered more innovation to the crypto world then any other coin including BTC, and that was with 2 developers working part time, we now have around 3 people working full time and another 8 part time.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:28:48 AM

HAHAHA you do not even understand the reason crypto currencies were created do you? fuck me dead.. to escape the collapsing fiat system, that was the purpose of BTC this will only work with a annon coin, BTC failed but laid the path for others.

It seems that you are the one who does not understand how this will "work" in the first place.
There are plenty of ways to keep your identity in secret with any of the coins out there.
If you think that some months or years from now you will start waving your "thing", bragging that your coins are untraceable, then think again.
This is only one more reason for authorities to be more harsh with cryptocurrencies. Nothing more!

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:38:30 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 05:48:55 AM by generalizethis

It seems that you are the one who does not understand how this will "work" in the first place.
There are plenty of ways to keep your identity in secret with any some of the coins out there.
If you think that some months or years from now you will start waving your "thing", bragging that your coins are untraceable, then think again.
This is only one more reason for authorities to be more harsh with cryptocurrencies. Nothing more!

But some of those ways are much, much better than other ways and that is the point.  Wink

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:40:25 AM

of course CRAVE!!!
Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:04:25 AM

LOL AdamWhite you so funny!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 06:24:44 AM

There are plenty of ways to keep your identity in secret with any some of the coins out there.

But some of those ways are much, much better than other ways and that is the point.  Wink

I will ask you again if authorities start seeing this as a way of "printing" money and use them for suspicious endeavours.

adhitthana
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:03:49 AM

A Zero Knowledge Protocol coin may be the one that prevails, if just one coin does. But Dash/Dark doesn't need to be "replaced". Dash has a market cap of $15M, and this is with a lot of coins locked up in MN's.
A successful anon coin will be quite a lot bigger.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-knowledge_proof

http://zerocoin.org/

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:09:36 AM

XCoin/DRK/DASH will be forked and renamed

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
BTCodeman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:25:58 AM

I think the shadowcash team is doing a great job building an untraceable coin with built in encrypted messaging and a decentralized marketplace.  SDC is the most undervalued coin for the technology that they are building.

A Zero Knowledge Protocol coin may be the one that prevails
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:04:38 AM

Agree, there is no really anonymous coin only if you don't use it to buy anything real.
bitcoin can be anonymous if you use it properly.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: