Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:44:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ELECTRUM HELP *REWARD!*  (Read 989 times)
helpplease123 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:34:20 PM

guys I thought I would try testing electrum on tails..

I transferred coins to my electrum account last night... Went to send them to ag wallet but it asks for a password... I swear I didnt setup a password when I opened electrum...

so now Im stuck with 1.2 coin in my electrum account that I cant even send anywhere :/

I have now remembered I was playing around with electrum a few weeks ago trying to figure the program out, thats how I set a password, but I dont remember it and it isnt any of my usual passwords that I do use

I dont know weather the pass is the 12 digit seed or not :/

Anyways yeah im running 1.9.8 electrum on tails.. If anyone can help recovering them they'll be 10-20% of what I got in my wallet..

Ps please dont say im a fraud etc.. I'm not clever enough to do that, I can also send a little coin from the wallet that the coin was sent from to electrum to kinda prove that it is my wallet..

Pleaseguys im begging, its been almost 24hrs since it happened and I need this coin :/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101_alt

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:48:20 PM

The password is different from the seed. However, if you have the seed, you can recover the entire wallet. Just create a new wallet using your seed.

Tip Me!: 1AQx99s7q1wVinbgXbA48BaZQVWpHe5gYM | My PGP Key: Fingerprint 0x17565732E08E5E41
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 09:04:24 PM

Since you dont have the seed you will need the password, do you remember anything about it?

btw, dont create two threads for one problem. It will only result in questions asked twice and one thread getting removed for spam.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
helpplease123 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:39:56 PM

Since you dont have the seed you will need the password, do you remember anything about it?

btw, dont create two threads for one problem. It will only result in questions asked twice and one thread getting removed for spam.

Nope I dont have the seed..

Anyways to the other user that I was talking to on the other topic that got removed..

Ive done that  Ya it doesnt ask for a password but when I try to send coins it says 'Incorrect password' even though it doesnt ask for one..

I also press seed and it says the same..

I can seen my master public key. Also I can now export labels and private keys, I couldnt when it was on 'true'
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 10:03:53 PM

Anyways to the other user that I was talking to on the other topic that got removed..

Ive done that  Ya it doesnt ask for a password but when I try to send coins it says 'Incorrect password' even though it doesnt ask for one..

I can seen my master public key. Also I can now export labels and private keys, I couldnt when it was on 'true'

I doubt the private keys you export will be in the correct format. You cant just tell the wallet to forget that its encrypted. Well actually you can, but it wont work. The data is still encrypted. The only thing you change is that the UI is no longer asking you for a password, which is no solution to your problem.

If it would work like that electrum would be incredible unsafe.

Your best bet is to remember as much about the password as you can and try to bruteforce it.

DIY -> https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md#btcrecover-tutorial
SERVICE -> http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:11:32 PM

Ive done that  Ya it doesnt ask for a password but when I try to send coins it says 'Incorrect password' even though it doesnt ask for one..

Are you sure you can export private keys? or perhaps did you get it confused with public keys?

goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:18:39 PM

Ive done that  Ya it doesnt ask for a password but when I try to send coins it says 'Incorrect password' even though it doesnt ask for one..

Are you sure you can export private keys? or perhaps did you get it confused with public keys?
To export your private keys with electrum:
  • Click on the Wallet menu
  • Click on private keys
  • Click on export
  • Enter your password
  • You will get a warning that exposing even a single private key can compromise your entire wallet (I am not sure how this works)
  • Select the format you want them exported to (CSV or Json)
  • Choose the path you want the file to be exported to
  • Click on export

It should be noted that it is generally a bad idea to export your keys in any circumstances, it would be a better idea to send funds to another address that you control, and if you can get your wallet to export your keys then you can get it to sign a transaction

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

helpplease123 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:43:14 PM

To export your private keys with electrum:
  • Click on the Wallet menu
  • Click on private keys
  • Click on export
  • Enter your password
  • You will get a warning that exposing even a single private key can compromise your entire wallet (I am not sure how this works)
  • Select the format you want them exported to (CSV or Json)
  • Choose the path you want the file to be exported to
  • Click on export

It should be noted that it is generally a bad idea to export your keys in any circumstances, it would be a better idea to send funds to another address that you control, and if you can get your wallet to export your keys then you can get it to sign a transaction
Well it says incorrect password when I press xport but the file still turns up in the folder so I dunno if it exports successfully or not... I also emailed that guy with the website, abit sketch that hes using gmail as a email provider tho
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:46:38 PM

wallet pwd and seed are different things.

you should always keep your electrum seed and keep it safe. thats the
number one rule for electrum.

If you dont have the seed you'll have to try to brute force the wallet password.

Are you sure it wasn't one of your usual passwords, with a different ending
or capital letter...or maybe something simple like "1" or "xxx" ?

helpplease123 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:50:24 PM

Can anyone explain how to safely upload a file on tails tor browser? As everysite I use nothing happens when I press upload...
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:53:04 PM

Can anyone explain how to safely upload a file on tails tor browser? As everysite I use nothing happens when I press upload...

I dont know but what does that have to do with your electrum issue?

helpplease123 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:57:33 PM

Someone will try to help recovering the password for a fee.. Also I have bro Ive even tried the most simplist password ie password.. Lol not funny, why am I laughing at my self haha.. not good I need to go roll a doob to chill the fuck out
helpplease123 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:31:48 PM

Someone will try to help recovering the password for a fee.. Also I have bro Ive even tried the most simplist password ie password.. Lol not funny, why am I laughing at my self haha.. not good I need to go roll a doob to chill the fuck out

That other guy should still be able to find your original post in his watchlist/replies list. That's likely how he replied in the first place.

Anyway, you got instructions on how to export keys. Did you export them successfully and then reimport them elsewhere?

Well I dont know if it sucessfully exported.. it said incorrect password when I pressed export but the file turned up still ...

I didnt get the next instructions on what to do if it did export.. can anyone help?

Also I still need info on how to upload a file safely
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:57:39 AM

I would warn you against people offering to help you get your password, especially when they are not posting publicly first about a potential deal and/or how they plan on finding your password. I do not know anything about the person you are considering to deal with, however I do know that there are a lot of scammers on this forum.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:31:55 AM

-snip-
Well I dont know if it sucessfully exported.. it said incorrect password when I pressed export but the file turned up still ...

and if you open it, there is no private key inside, correct?

This is what it looks like when its not encrypted:

Code:
address,private_key
1N9VPBNGZfAq13qZM8vTESUrBbtBTB14Lw,5KW6gvG8dsothN193JUjhQvLEG6koESzZS9CxsN1mschjR6kCC4
1PoZZTAfEVR8Eu7yo528ghvXPQpbXT2Bd,5JMCBAufYLmeCgoojH6hqjMjuZxyxVEjVoSad8SFJE3kzemCmbi
18ygRa7dpuvqGeHwZQtFNMBr4uF7aYMpY8,5K9Mh8WuURaG88gGGwXvFTN6ZJSAgDKP5SHqmZJME71TeKzsaeM
1L2E36xwJducCqRf2RrtFx5eUTQJZSJxSh,5JjQtntHtHNvFbUwNU8eN5jN6xaDj3Tzmo3LGJhYYxk2phfgSoG
1Es8LFJkZgi74TwwuADS8LRVu1krYgufAV,5KLXt14c99zj2KvBcnRjCMacbnDehsHvg3Aphqo1afhUvET8PP7
15AFdXpy9zh9mM2U3YipGXbocQj4nJsdU5,5J3W5PSv7acF3Tzhk66PBnYYoevHscoAT6NJSRHS2aDpWqMUnVy
1EfgNgBhUcLjTUKdtw5aJxi9FtrujUKesz,5KDCeaB5ErgqGGhPtnmwhbTAXGkkypfeC8pkGHsoJnNmx83j5jY
1EqNSdPKjgNpB277BVo4B7SBc5G4k3D4qi,5JwoywCfMgvQVkfEgZ363RGgHkELYCRv4RqmrcmbNvEycqq8GR5

I didnt get the next instructions on what to do if it did export.. can anyone help?

Exporting does not help you. People assume for some reason that you either have the password or just can flip some bit in the wallet file to magically decrypt the private keys.

Tor has JavaScript disabled for your protection. If "the upload" button does not work, that button is probably using JavaScript.

helpplease123 (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:50:11 PM

-snip-

and if you open it, there is no private key inside, correct?

This is what it looks like when its not encrypted:

Code:
address,private_key
1N9VPBNGZfAq13qZM8vTESUrBbtBTB14Lw,5KW6gvG8dsothN193JUjhQvLEG6koESzZS9CxsN1mschjR6kCC4
1PoZZTAfEVR8Eu7yo528ghvXPQpbXT2Bd,5JMCBAufYLmeCgoojH6hqjMjuZxyxVEjVoSad8SFJE3kzemCmbi
18ygRa7dpuvqGeHwZQtFNMBr4uF7aYMpY8,5K9Mh8WuURaG88gGGwXvFTN6ZJSAgDKP5SHqmZJME71TeKzsaeM
1L2E36xwJducCqRf2RrtFx5eUTQJZSJxSh,5JjQtntHtHNvFbUwNU8eN5jN6xaDj3Tzmo3LGJhYYxk2phfgSoG
1Es8LFJkZgi74TwwuADS8LRVu1krYgufAV,5KLXt14c99zj2KvBcnRjCMacbnDehsHvg3Aphqo1afhUvET8PP7
15AFdXpy9zh9mM2U3YipGXbocQj4nJsdU5,5J3W5PSv7acF3Tzhk66PBnYYoevHscoAT6NJSRHS2aDpWqMUnVy
1EfgNgBhUcLjTUKdtw5aJxi9FtrujUKesz,5KDCeaB5ErgqGGhPtnmwhbTAXGkkypfeC8pkGHsoJnNmx83j5jY
1EqNSdPKjgNpB277BVo4B7SBc5G4k3D4qi,5JwoywCfMgvQVkfEgZ363RGgHkELYCRv4RqmrcmbNvEycqq8GR5

Exporting does not help you. People assume for some reason that you either have the password or just can flip some bit in the wallet file to magically decrypt the private keys.

Tor has JavaScript disabled for your protection. If "the upload" button does not work, that button is probably using JavaScript.

Ya it just says address,private_key, without a key underneath it... Also i mangaged to upload now
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:26:03 AM

1. stop using shit you dont have a basic understanding of (e.g. tor)
2. Not knowing your password != lost coins
3. Not knowing your password & not knowing your seed = lost coins
4. Backing up seed = never lost coins

IN YOUR specific case (given that you didnt backup your seed):
if you have no clue what your electrum password is, you're toast. No one is going to be able to recover your coins.

If you knew parts of your password or parts of your seed, it's possible to recover it through a script that will brute force it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: