Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 02:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New software shrinks your VirtualBox guest OS HDD volume (100% set and forget )  (Read 655 times)
owesome-tools (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:10:18 AM

Hi guys - I wanted to know if there is anybody interested in a software that would auto-shrink your Virtualbox VM hdd on schedule ?

I developed such a tool and will sell it soon here and on the internet.

( I am here on the forum to be a part of the Bitcoin crowd and contribute my software tools to all of you. In the end we all win. )

Surely a lot of guys here could code sth like this for themselves - but just think of the time needed to achieve my level of tool perfection and ease of use... For the price of 1-2 hours of your time I will give you a 100% turnkey solution.

Just wanted to probe how many of us have virtualbox and how many are interested in automating this task...

So ? What do you think ?

A video demo and the tool's sales page will be posted later on in this Opening Post.

Cheers.

PS. Of course it will be sold in BTC too.
PS2. Will repost this in the Marketplace section of the forum when the forum allows me.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:17:26 AM

It sounds cool from a technical point of view! But to be honest, I doubt if there's an actual market for this, with harddisk space being almost free nowadays.

I mean, with storage space costing only 4.5 cent per GB or something, I'd rather save my time and avoid any unnecessary hassle whatsoever.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: