Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:29:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Inquiry) How much for a 2013 0.5 Casascius Physical Bitcoin?  (Read 574 times)
monbux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:42:02 PM

I have one of these babies and don't really know what to do with it.  How much do they go for nowadays?  It's in top notch condition, but ungraded. 
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:45:12 PM

I have one of these babies and don't really know what to do with it.  How much do they go for nowadays?  It's in top notch condition, but ungraded. 

I think from what I have seen the 0.5 BTC Casascius coins normally sell from anywhere between .6 to .9 BTC.
Of course if you took the time to have it graded it may bump up the price a little bit.
Is this one of the error'd coins? I know those ones fetch a fair mark up as well from observing the forums.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 10:01:29 PM

I think from what I have seen the 0.5 BTC Casascius coins normally sell from anywhere between .6 to .9 BTC.
Of course if you took the time to have it graded it may bump up the price a little bit.
Is this one of the error'd coins? I know those ones fetch a fair mark up as well from observing the forums.
Hello,
No, sadly, it is not one of the error coins... I wish it was (Tongue).  I bought mine for 0.8 BTC I believe, it could have been a bit less... but this was when the bitcoin price was substantially higher.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:06:31 PM

Is it silver or brass? The silver tend to sell for a pretty significant premium while the brass sell for lower premiums because a) they are made out of a less valuable material, and b) the brass is much more common then the silver
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:19:30 PM

I recently paid 0.8 for a brass one. Silver ones at that denomination don't seem to come up very often but I've seen a couple of prices around 1.2.

Are there any 0.5 errors? There's the silver 0.5 with the rare hologram but I'm not sure if that's an error or just rare.

You're likely to get a lot more on Ebay. Watch those Paypal scammers though. 
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 10:26:46 PM

Is it silver or brass? The silver tend to sell for a pretty significant premium while the brass sell for lower premiums because a) they are made out of a less valuable material, and b) the brass is much more common then the silver
Ah, sorry, that was the one thing I forgot to mention. It is a brass casascius.  No errors. Sad
You're likely to get a lot more on Ebay. Watch those Paypal scammers though.
Meh, Ebay is not really my style.  Thanks for the suggestion thought, I'll check it if I get no interest here once I plan to sell.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:31:02 PM

Compared to the 1 BTC coins they're considerably rarer. They also don't take up much space and there'll never be any more of them.

Do you have a need to sell it? I'd be inclined to hold on to it for the long haul myself.
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 10:47:59 PM

Compared to the 1 BTC coins they're considerably rarer. They also don't take up much space and there'll never be any more of them.

Do you have a need to sell it? I'd be inclined to hold on to it for the long haul myself.
It's more of a general wondering than a need.  Sure, if I get an offer I can't refuse, I would sell it... but otherwise, I'm just very curious. Smiley
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:25:06 AM

Camolist is selling them for 0.8 BTC a piece: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131828.0

monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 02:58:36 PM

Camolist is selling them for 0.8 BTC a piece: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131828.0

Thanks for that. I was thinking for somewhere around the same price for just the coin itself, but it seems like that Camolist's price includes shipping and tracking! :O
I guess I'll wait it out and keep this coin for now.  Thanks to everyone who replied!  If you're interested in my coin, PM me and we can discuss. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: