Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:18:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Rumour] Top Gear Presenters going to Netflix  (Read 3704 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:49:11 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 02:36:06 PM by Lethn

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/may/08/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-james-may-richard-hammond-itv-bbc

YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy  Grin
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:28:38 PM

After losing the soccer Tongue championship show ITV definitely needed to pick up another major show and apparently the former Top Gear dudes are next up. I never watched many of the TG shows on BBC, exclusively Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares for the most part.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:50:23 PM

Having Netflix as a home would make for a much more interesting show. No advertisers or stuffy committees to please and a much bigger budget to play with.
Giggs

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:58:53 AM

I like Top Gear but will it be the same on ITV?

Although the three would not be able to bring with them the Top Gear name, which belongs to the BBC, a motoring show fronted by the three presenters would be hugely appealing to ITV which has suffered a tough year in the ratings.

I dunno. I just think the name and production values that the BBC offered were a big part of it, though sure obviously the presenters are what made it great but I get the feeling it's just going to be a pale imitation or knock off of Top Gear.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:32:41 AM

lolwut I think you have it the other way round and production values? The BBC lets be honest gave them fuck all, what the presenters did was organise things with the car manufacturers and so on.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:40:59 AM

Time to move on to a fresh format.
I hated top gear in the early days when they just stood around talking cars.
Trips they did and the places they went and all the other things they did WOW loved it and they work so well together.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:41:58 AM

If they go to a private channel I think they're going to do a much better job than before because they aren't going to have to worry about toeing the political line with the BBC, it should be very interesting to see what happens, you would've thought though that Netflix would be a more logical choice because they don't have to worry about ads.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:49:53 AM

oh god this was so predictable haha, the clarkson thing was just a publicity stunt for the ITV move.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:06:57 PM

Don't like Clarkson, don't care. Top Gear was one of the best car show but then they decided to do a show with cars, instead of doing reviews of cars they started to make some goofy things. And all those supposedly funny things where directed and awkward.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:16:41 PM

Don't like Clarkson, don't care. Top Gear was one of the best car show but then they decided to do a show with cars, instead of doing reviews of cars they started to make some goofy things. And all those supposedly funny things where directed and awkward.

But did you ever watch the original Top Gear? That went into loving detail about spare wheels and positioning your choke. The current Top Gear has jumped the shark but the original makes you want to kill yourself.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:36:28 PM

But did you ever watch the original Top Gear? That went into loving detail about spare wheels and positioning your choke. The current Top Gear has jumped the shark but the original makes you want to kill yourself.

Move on to self drive cars imo keep the death traps for race circuits only Grin
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 03:59:55 PM

It's fair enough you don't like the current Top Gear or Jeremy Clarkson, just don't ruin it for the rest of us like the assholes in the BBC attempted to, for instance, there's this fucking horrible radio program called The Archers and when I say radio program it's more like a propaganda radio drama of a fictional world created by World War 2 politicians that has carried on to this day because politicians in the UK still have that mentality.

In case you couldn't tell, it's one of the few things in the world that can make me irrationally angry, but I don't go complaining constantly about it and trying to get staff from the show sacked, I just make sure I keep it out of my life completely.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:03:21 PM

It's fair enough you don't like the current Top Gear or Jeremy Clarkson, just don't ruin it for the rest of us like the assholes in the BBC attempted to, for instance, there's this fucking horrible radio program called The Archers and when I say radio program it's more like a propaganda radio drama of a fictional world created by World War 2 politicians that has carried on to this day because politicians in the UK still have that mentality.

In case you couldn't tell, it's one of the few things in the world that can make me irrationally angry, but I don't go complaining constantly about it and trying to get staff from the show sacked, I just make sure I keep it out of my life completely.

I once had dealings with Radio 4 regarding writing for them. I went to a workshop type thing where one of the higher ups told us their core listener was a 58yr old lady doing the dishes in rural Cheshire.

Anything we came up with that was likely to blow her pussy apart was not permitted. That's why the Archers still plods on. It's an instant off for me as well.
Spamela Anderson

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:13:29 PM

But that's why this "new" incarnation of Top Gear is so popular because it's just so damn entertaining. I don't really give a shit about cars but always loved watching their road trips around the world and the banter that followed. Those three do have great chemistry whether you like em or not.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 980
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:49:17 PM

Jesus, I was about ready to completely give up on believing I'd still see these guys working together. This is great!  Cheesy

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:54:35 AM

I've watched the original, the newer(older) where they didn't talk about "spare wheels and positioning" but did solid reviews about enjoying cars, and I've watched newest ones where they tested "granny car" (fixed Renault with old people), the one with the old hot hatch and decided to spice it up with turning over one of the cars and pretending they actually crashed. Don't get me wrong, I liked many of the new episodes (especially Vietnam special) but they where doing more and more ridicules, directed stuff. Cars became tools instead of main dish.
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:19:28 PM

Well this was bound to happen, I just hope its not a knock off of Top gear,i mean travelling around the world driving amazing cars are great, but netflix would be better with no ads stuff,but it's the quality of presenters that count and this trio of Jeremy Clarkson,James May and Richard Hammond are the best bet to turnaround any show based on their organizing skills
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 06:23:10 AM

Thought I'd bump this thread rather than creating another to avoid spamming but guys, big news!

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/showbiz/tv/2015/06/08/top-gear-reinvented-for-netflix-.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/top-gear-return-james-may-and-richard-hammond-expected-to-turn-down-multimillion-bbc-offer-and-join-jeremy-clarkson-on-netflix-10302835.html

please please please, let this be true lol!

All the major outlets are starting to report it now, so hopefully, hopefully something will be happening in a few months, need to wait and see for some actual confirmation of this though, too much bullshit out there at the moment.
DiFranco

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:16:32 AM

What are they going to call it? I read Chris Evans (the British ginger not the American actor) was filming a pilot to be the new host of Top Gear on the BBC or something. If Hammond May and Clarkson all go to Netflix BBC might as well cancel Top Gear because nobody will watch it.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jun/07/chris-evans-making-top-gear-film-replace-jeremy-clarkson
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:21:26 AM

amazing trio, imho after this steak scandal with Jeremy, it will become popular even more..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: