Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:58:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN TECHNICIANS PLEASE HELP!!!! URGENT"  (Read 2327 times)
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:58:06 PM

but i havent! I have screenshots or any kind of proof needed , you ask for it and ill provide! im missing £200+ of BTC  , no accepted funds, wallet empty, sooo bashing my head against wall over this.  Sounds like complete amateur but i didnt just rush into this without reading and comprehending at least 90% of btc system and usage (except the very tech-talk stuff).. somehow this money is not here!!!
Spenzert

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 04:02:01 PM

but i havent! I have screenshots or any kind of proof needed , you ask for it and ill provide! im missing £200+ of BTC  , no accepted funds, wallet empty, sooo bashing my head against wall over this.  Sounds like complete amateur but i didnt just rush into this without reading and comprehending at least 90% of btc system and usage (except the very tech-talk stuff).. somehow this money is not here!!!
Post here all of your MtGox and Bitcoin-Qt history* and maybe we can help Smiley

*Last Transactions/Recent Transactions

BTC: 1SpzM1yPu8SKPnr5zjn7ptXWGKFNywcoi | LTC: Lcz5RHPcxcrp63k1HNbAQUTQkUWon2RoMr
PGP/GPG Key
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 04:16:32 PM

You must understand that Bitcoin is not a company or an organization. It is open source peer to peer software. This forum is made of Bitcoin users of various knowledge levels. Bitcoins are transferred peer-to-peer, there is no central authority, and nobody can interfere with or undo Bitcoins that you have sent. MtGox is a company, but they have no way to get back Bitcoins after they were sent either.

In your Bitcoin software client, is the status in the lower right "up to date" (a green checkmark)? If the Bitcoin client still says that it is downloading blocks, than it may simply be that you have not downloaded information about the money transfer yet, and the address you used is actually yours.

Otherwise, there is no alternative, except to try to figure out who the actual owner of that address is (perhaps someone you previously sent money to in your address book), and contact them and explain that you accidentally sent them money - can they please send their new mystery money to you (and give them a real address from your "receive coins" address list).
ildubbioso

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:29:27 PM

but i havent! I have screenshots or any kind of proof needed , you ask for it and ill provide! im missing £200+ of BTC  , no accepted funds, wallet empty, sooo bashing my head against wall over this.  Sounds like complete amateur but i didnt just rush into this without reading and comprehending at least 90% of btc system and usage (except the very tech-talk stuff).. somehow this money is not here!!!

I think you didn't answered. Why do you have that address in your wallet? Did you use it? When? So you can understand who's the owner.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:49:03 PM

but i didnt just rush into this without reading and comprehending at least 90% of btc system and usage
Sorry man, but then I really fail to see how the hell you manage to do something like:
3) yes i copy pasted that WITHDRAW TO address from my GOX account history.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:58:02 PM

Did you delete your wallet, then create a new one?

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:01:20 PM

but i didnt just rush into this without reading and comprehending at least 90% of btc system and usage
Sorry man, but then I really fail to see how the hell you manage to do something like:
3) yes i copy pasted that WITHDRAW TO address from my GOX account history.

I still don't get it? If he has the address from a withdraw entry in the gox history and he only ever withdrew to addresses he own, he either still owns the address or he lost it somehow.

Why did he re-download the blockchain? Maybe the guy deleted his ~/.bitcoin folder or moved it to somewhere else?

We need more info to analyse this and answers to at least the follwoing questions:

• did you withdraw to that address before?
  • if no: how can it be in gox withdraw history?
  • if yes: did you receive those coins you previously sent to that address and are they still there?
  • why did your client re-download the blockchain?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:12:12 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 05:43:51 PM by dishwara

It seems something wrong in MTGox.
I logged in to my account & try to see my account history.
I was shown many transaction around 30+ with BTC & USD...
I was looking & i did a refresh of page & only one transaction showed.
all other gone suddenly.
I think something wrong is going on MTGox.
In the below you see only 1 transaction & 10 minutes before i saw 30+ transactions.
Also i nowhere see the bitcoin address i withdraw, also nowhere the money i deposited in my account & also nowhere i withdraw my USD
I only saw "tid" only.
That too was 30+ & suddenly only 1 showing, even after enabling all in filters & 10+ times page refresh.
Some one deleting something or some hacking?

dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:15:05 PM

unseenbutheard7
Please show the tid of the transaction you lost bitcoins.
Where you saw history, while i cant see any bitcoin address or bank address or LRUSD deposit address in trade history?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:15:17 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 06:06:19 PM by Stephen Gornick

This thread has become an absolute cacophony of "help".

Here's the first, most basic question that might help to figure this out.  What happened to the original 28 BTC?

This link shows two transactions:
 - http://blockchain.info/address/1FtWDqjyiuPVzh3tabdb7XoWnVX6gVEg1M

The first transaction was for 28.25140702 BTC on Aug-28-2012.

1) Yeah i purchased 28 coins!

OK, so do you still have those 28.25140702 coins?   If you do, then where (e.g., your own Bitcoin-qt client)?

Because wherever those 28.25140702 are now, that's where the 76.18247679 withdrawn on Aug-31-2012 went as well.

[Update: That 76.18247679 is worth a lot more than £200.  So there's some inconsistency here.

by accident I used Mt Gox Account to send my £200 of bitcoin to a SEND ADDRESS generated by my wallet.

Well bitcoin has no concept of "£200" so you'll want to describe precisely the Bitcoin withdrawal transaction .  On your withdrawal history in Mt. Gox you will see the date/time, the amount and the address of the withdrawal transaction.   Please copy that and paste it here. Here's the link to get that withdrawal history, once you've logged in:

- https://mtgox.com/trade/account-history?currency=BTC  ]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:18:17 PM

I seem something wrong in MTGox.
I logged in to my account & try to see my account history.
I was shown many transaction around 30+ with BTC & USD...
I was looking & i did a refresh of page & only one transaction showed.
all other gone suddenly.
I think something wrong is going on MTGox.
In the below you see only 1 transaction & 10 minutes before i saw 30+ transactions.
Also i nowhere see the bitcoin address i withdraw, also nowhere the money i deposited in my account & also nowhere i withdraw my USD
I only saw "tid" only.
That too was 30+ & suddenly only 1 showing, even after enabling all in filters & 10+ times page refresh.
Some one deleting something or some hacking?

What does this have to do with the problem being discussed? We've already established that the coins went to the address that was entered and are visible at blockchain.info.

Start a new thread to discuss your issue.

Still around.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:20:22 PM

simple thing, some thing wrong going on in MTGox.
If something goes wrong in an exchange, every transaction they do will form a mess.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:34:09 PM

Any one have same problem in MTGox for some other members?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:37:25 PM

simple thing, some thing wrong going on in MTGox.
If something goes wrong in an exchange, every transaction they do will form a mess.

As I said,  unseenbutheard7's bitcoins went exactly where he asked them to go. No issue on the Mt. Gox end.

Please start a new thread.

Still around.
unseenbutheardSEVEN

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 11:05:16 AM

Thanks for help all. Bruce Willis yeah i have a screen shot if u wanna see..??

How can this happen though?

I found out that the aforemntioned reciepent account number belongs to another one of my exchanges / wallets.. now jut trying to find the mising dough! Smiley
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 09:17:03 PM

Thanks for help all. Bruce Willis yeah i have a screen shot if u wanna see..??

How can this happen though?

I found out that the aforemntioned reciepent account number belongs to another one of my exchanges / wallets.. now jut trying to find the mising dough! Smiley

Did you loose your bitcointalk password, too? Or why do you use a new account?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: