Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN TECHNICIANS PLEASE HELP!!!! URGENT"  (Read 2327 times)
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:51:04 AM

I was referred to you by the Gox support team.  They directly informed me that the only way to get my problem resolved is to speak to you. (and I REALLY hope you can help otherwise i will never use GOX again because the support desk was so rude and didnt even try to help let alone there has been NUMBEROUS transaction problems.)

So here is the problem, I really really would appreciate some help on this since everyone at GOX is ignoring me.

I deposited £200 via my bank account to my Mt Gox account. Once it was cleared, I attempted to withdraw it to my wallet. However I created a SEND address from my wallet, not a RECIEVE address, and by accident I used Mt Gox Account to send my £200 of bitcoin to a SEND ADDRESS generated by my wallet.

Now I have nothing. Please tell me that this is something that can be fixed and that my physical £200 isnt floating around in cyberspace, i work really hard for my money and I need this resolved.

PLEASE HELP ME! ANYONE!!

Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:53:42 AM

Your wallet doesn't create send addresses, those are ones youve used in the past or added to a contact list. You sent your money to somebody else.

Wallets only create receive addresses.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Insu Dra

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:00:58 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 11:11:04 AM by Insu Dra

Try to find out who owns the address you send your btc to, first step would be to look up the transaction on http://blockchain.info, followed by http://blockviewer.com ...

Start gathering info from there and then hope that the owner is a nice person.

"drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!"
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:05:40 AM

other useful info
as with anything in life
start small and work up to big things

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:11:48 AM

How the holy hell did you make a send to address? What Client Version are you using? (ie, Bitcoin-QT 6.0.1, Armory, NamecoinGUI, Etc) Second, Is your blockchain caught up to the current block?(on bitcoin-QT windows version, which I use, there is a status bar on the bottom of the GUI that shows how much of the chain is downloaded.Your current block should be 197019 as of this post)

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Branzig

Activity: 316

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 11:14:02 AM

I'm checking now

Twitter @BranzigGracerX IS BITCOIN & COMMERCIAL AEROSPACE INTERESTS.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 11:15:59 AM

What address did you send the coins too ?

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:21:05 AM

I deposited £200 via my bank account to my Mt Gox account. Once it was cleared, I attempted to withdraw it to my wallet. However I created a SEND address from my wallet, not a RECIEVE address, and by accident I used Mt Gox Account to send my £200 of bitcoin to a SEND ADDRESS generated by my wallet.
As has been pointed out, this statement makes no sense. You cannot possibly have simply "created" a "send" address in your wallet. All addresses generated by your wallet are receiving addresses; a sending address can only appear in your wallet if you obtained it from somewhere else. Please tell us, step by step, exactly what you did to obtain the address you gave to Mt. Gox. At this point, it's not at all clear whether you really sent your coins to somebody else, or whether you only think you did and the problem is actually something completely different.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:22:51 AM

As has been pointed out, this statement makes no sense. You cannot possibly have simply "created" a "send" address in your wallet. All addresses generated by your wallet are receiving addresses; a sending address can only appear in your wallet if you obtained it from somewhere else. Please tell us, step by step, exactly what you did to obtain the address you gave to Mt. Gox. At this point, it's not at all clear whether you really sent your coins to somebody else, or whether you only think you did and the problem is actually something completely different.

My money is on an un-updated blockchain in his client, or a bad google translate translation....

www.bitminter.com

!
Endgame

Activity: 412

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:32:37 AM

has your client finished downloading the blockchain? Its impossible to generate a send address, so unless you typed one in yourself, the coins are probably just delayed in showing up in your wallet.
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:52:33 AM

Thanks for all responses.

I know i am an idiot, i made a mistake just really need to be rectified.

client i am using is Latest Bitcoin-Qt version: 0.6.3

I didnt create  a send address by manually typing it.  This is what happened.. i went to withdraw my btc from gox, and instead of copy/pasting the address from a newly created RECIEVE address, i accidentally copied/pasted a SEND coins address...

I dont I am really confused and am new to BTC and have read everything about how to use it 100 times so i dont know why this has happened.  And as previous user mentioned it is impossible to send a SEND address as they dont genrate on Bitclient.. so either mtgox is holding my £200 for unknown reasons or the £200 is floating around in cyberspace?

It could only be my wallet i have withdrawn funds to EVER, although new address for each one, my wallet is only wallet ever to recieve BTC.

So what the heck is going on Sad Sad

Please help#

thanks kinda all
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:58:22 AM

Let your blockchain in your client catch up. It may take a while to show up, and the blockchain can take a day or more to download in less than ideal situations. Are you using a Linux or Windows distro?

www.bitminter.com

!
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:01:23 PM

also fyi:

bit coin withdraw was to ::

Bitcoin withdraw to 1FtWDqjyiuPVzh3tabdb7XoWnVX6gVEg1M

that help anyone? how do i go about re-obtaining those.

Also yeah bitwallet just re-chain-updating on blocks.  thanks for all help. please be my heroes and help! Sad

really worked my ass off for that coin Sad
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 12:04:54 PM

also fyi:

Also yeah bitwallet just re-chain-updating on blocks.  thanks for all help. please be my heroes and help! Sad

Have you sent coins to that address before ?

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 12:07:53 PM

Have you sent coins to that address before ?

Specifically did you send 28.25140702 BTC to that address previously?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 12:09:13 PM

also fyi:

Where did you copied the address? Was from your mtgox account? If yes, then the bitcoins just made a round trip from your account back to it, no problem there only you just lost a few hours of your time. If no, then you have a problem, see my first question and please answer.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:10:05 PM

I assume that you purchased the 28 odd coins?

www.bitminter.com

!
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:27:44 PM

thanks for help!!
answering all questions:

1) Yeah i purchased 28 coins
2) Nope it hasnt dont a circle and come back to me wallet Sad
3) yes i copy pasted that WITHDRAW TO address from my GOX account history.
4) not sent to that address before. Newly generated everytime.
5) block chain nearly caught up. window 64 bit

thanks so much! please help!
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 12:31:16 PM

3) yes i copy pasted that WITHDRAW TO address from my GOX account history.

Lol, are you trolling us? Why do that when you want to withdraw to your desktop wallet?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:36:21 PM

Dude, I really hope the money is just waiting for confirmation and will appear in your wallet.

But seriously, here's what I don't understand:
Please tell me that this is something that can be fixed and that my physical £200 isnt floating around in cyberspace, i work really hard for my money and I need this resolved.
How the F*CK do people mess around with money they can't afford to lose, doing crazy shit they clearly don't understand Huh

(this is meant as a constructive warning, not to scoff)

As long as you don't exactly understand what you're doing, DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY! (where "large" = anything you can't afford to lose)
Try with pennies first, until you thoroughly understand what you're doing.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: