Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango missing UK bank transfer  (Read 1377 times)
bcbear71 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:14:18 PM

Hi Everybody

I made a payment into my Intersango account last Thursday but this has not shown up yet.

I've been trying repeatedly to submit a support ticket but this is not working. it keeps giving me error messages e.g malformed account number.

Thus I sent an email to support@intersango.com over the weekend. And another just now. Alas no response as yet.

I've now read the "UK Banking Announcement

UPDATE 2012-08-30 Unfortuantely due to a technical error with Metro's online banking system we are now locked out of the account"

So this doesn't sound good.

Do Intersango have a phone number?  I can't seem to find one on their web site.

Best Regards

Bear

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:03:26 AM

You might try their IRC.  Remember they are in London (i.e., GMT) and idle in the channel after posting your question rather than closing out if you don't get a response right away.

- http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Intersango

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BC Systems

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:09:47 AM

Intersango will likely be going out of business soon due to losing their account with MetroBank.

Plan to look for other exchanges.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:19:00 AM

Hi Everybody

I made a payment into my Intersango account last Thursday but this has not shown up yet.

I've been trying repeatedly to submit a support ticket but this is not working. it keeps giving me error messages e.g malformed account number.

Thus I sent an email to support@intersango.com over the weekend. And another just now. Alas no response as yet.

I've now read the "UK Banking Announcement

UPDATE 2012-08-30 Unfortuantely due to a technical error with Metro's online banking system we are now locked out of the account"

So this doesn't sound good.

Best Regards

Bear

Their Metro bank account was being terminated at the end of August anyway.  Sounds like this happened a day early for some reason but people definitely shouldn't have been depositing into it once it was announced that the account would be closing.

Normally when banks close accounts which have balances, the total balance gets sent to the account-holder soon after the closure.  Sometimes they fuck up and do accept deposits for a short time after the closure of the account but if those deposits have been made electronically they're often reversed in time.

If Intersango's locked out of online banking, they need to organise getting a statement for their account ASAP so they can see the most recent transactions. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bcbear71 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

Hi Everybody

I've managed to submit a ticket about my problem. And I've got a response from support but I don't know how to proceed. The ticket status has been changed to "needs user action" but (as I say) I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Here's' a copy of the message:

"Hello,

We apologise for the delays and understand your frustration.

UK Deposists are currently unable to be automatically imported, and must be manually entered from paper statements. Payments into the account however will be reflected once we are able to manually import them.

Please check https://intersango.com/status for updates

Sincerely,

Chris
Team Intersango"

Any ideas what they want me to do?

tia

Bear

Sovereign108

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:36:38 PM

I'm still curious as to why it happened to Intersango?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 06:29:30 PM

Any ideas what they want me to do?

That was not really an accurate status change, as it appears as there is not much you can do,   Perhaps acknowledging it is all you can do.

Please check https://intersango.com/status for updates

Sincerely,

Chris
Team Intersango"

Perhaps also you can notify them that the URL in the e-mail for current status is invalid.  It should be:

- https://support.intersango.com/status

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

2wit2wit2woo

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:30:45 PM

Hey folks, i'm in exactly the same situation and have had the same response back from Chris@Intersango

Hello,

If your payment did not bounce back to your bank account, it is likely it was accepted by Metro bank (please contact your bank to confirm this, as I can only speculate). If your payment was accepted by Metro, into our account, we will process your payment from paper statements.

Metro has locked access to our account from online, and we are not able to automatically import payment data to match to your Intersango account. Because of this, we need to process them manually, from paper bank statements, that will be provided by Metro bank.

It is very frustrating, as you can tell, that we have not receivced these statements yet.

The admin has informed me there is currently no timetable for processing. When we get the statements, we will process the payments.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris

This whole thing is starting to stink like shit!
How many users are in the same situation?
How much money is floating about or sitting in 'supposed' accounts?
Why no communication from Metro to Intersango ref statements?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 01:59:29 AM

Hey folks, i'm in exactly the same situation and have had the same response back from Chris@Intersango

Hello,

If your payment did not bounce back to your bank account, it is likely it was accepted by Metro bank (please contact your bank to confirm this, as I can only speculate). If your payment was accepted by Metro, into our account, we will process your payment from paper statements.

Metro has locked access to our account from online, and we are not able to automatically import payment data to match to your Intersango account. Because of this, we need to process them manually, from paper bank statements, that will be provided by Metro bank.

It is very frustrating, as you can tell, that we have not receivced these statements yet.

The admin has informed me there is currently no timetable for processing. When we get the statements, we will process the payments.

Chris

don't panic, it sounds to me they are simply waiting for the bank to send them paper statements.
understand the problems they are dealing with and be penitent, in any case I'm sure you can call your bank and have them revers the payment if you wish...

ekremboz1

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:26:24 PM

Hello,

Chris

don't panic, it sounds to me they are simply waiting for the bank to send them paper statements.
understand the problems they are dealing with and be penitent, in any case I'm sure you can call your bank and have them revers the payment if you wish...

Attention, scam gang Intersango (Donald Norman, Amir Taaki, Patrick Strateman)Do not pay off and change into support tickets later the money and Bitcoin totals.A shame for what Bitcoin represents. Who has his BTC to Intersango that they will never see again.A shame for what Bitcoin represents.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: