Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:43:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Technical Analysis Work for Altcoins?  (Read 950 times)
sdmathis (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:29:05 PM

Most altcoin threads have one or more people making predictions based on TA ( Technical Analysis ) of the coin, and they often post their charts showing various patterns that indicate a reversal in price is imminent. Do you believe that accurate TA can be performed on a coin given the relative low volume most coins have, or do you think that TA is a valuable tool in the altcoin market despite the volume?

JSupreme

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:39:25 PM

Most altcoin threads have one or more people making predictions based on TA ( Technical Analysis ) of the coin, and they often post their charts showing various patterns that indicate a reversal in price is imminent. Do you believe that accurate TA can be performed on a coin given the relative low volume most coins have, or do you think that TA is a valuable tool in the altcoin market despite the volume?

well obviously you fucking idiot this is trading the charts arent squigly little lines for your amusement they are there for a reason

do you have shit for brains?

fucking idiot

https://i.imgur.com/IZfW0pl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XRnlOdL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HI8u6xw.jpg
sdmathis (OP)

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:51:00 PM

That had to be one of the most incoherent posts that I've seen on this forum. Thanks for trying though.

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:53:56 PM

Too low volume, too easy to manipulate, and above all, immature markets means there is no point. Having said that, more established altcoins like those in top 10 of CMC may give some short term predictions.

JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:09:14 PM

So many technical indicators are volume dependent, and are useless in the face of low volume. Other indicators mean one thing if volume is high and another if volume is low, but once again, are useless if low volume is the norm. Not only do most of these people ignore volume, they usually ignore other indicators and only show the patterns that support their position. In my opinion, TA is useless for most coins because of low volume. On the small percentage of coins that have good volume, you should do your own TA and not rely on what you see from others.

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:10:46 PM

So many technical indicators are volume dependent, and are useless in the face of low volume. Other indicators mean one thing if volume is high and another if volume is low, but once again, are useless if low volume is the norm. Not only do most of these people ignore volume, they usually ignore other indicators and only show the patterns that support their position. In my opinion, TA is useless for most coins because of low volume. On the small percentage of coins that have good volume, you should do your own TA and not rely on what you see from others.

This is most likely accurate.  Most markets are too easily moved by one person to trust TA.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:31:20 PM

This is most likely accurate.  Most markets are too easily moved by one person to trust TA.

+2

I'll add that if it works, it is mostly on established coins.

P.S. Oh... dat JSupreme.. what a troll...

poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:03:01 PM

+2

P.S. Oh... dat JSupreme.. what a troll...

I'm not convinced it even works for Bitcoin. People often claim the Bitcoin market is too small for it to work, and if there's any doubt about the Bitcoin market then it's pointless using TA on alt markets.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:42:11 AM

Just avoid low volume crypto.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:42:30 PM

Volume is easily faked too. 

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:48:21 PM

Just avoid low volume crypto.

Just avoid any altcoin when doing TA. Even the bigger volume ones can be easily manipulated.
Better to stick to the forum and try to see what is happening. With a little bit of effort one can easily make good gains.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 06:40:28 PM

I'm not convinced it even works for Bitcoin. People often claim the Bitcoin market is too small for it to work, and if there's any doubt about the Bitcoin market then it's pointless using TA on alt markets.

You are right and that is why I said "if it works". Usually it can be practiced with coins which has bigger volume, but as someone already said - volume could be fake.

CryptoJerk

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:44:49 PM

anyone who has to ask this question shouldn't be trading

they should stay away from crypto all together

theres too many people like me around who will make a mess of you

TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:11:51 PM

anyone who has to ask this question shouldn't be trading

they should stay away from crypto all together

theres too many people like me around who will make a mess of you

You must be in the wrong place. This thread is for intelligent conversation.

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: