Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who will ship their ASIC products first?  (Voting closed: November 03, 2012, 01:17:48 AM)
BTCfpga's bASIC - 44 (29.9%)
BFL' SC product line. - 79 (53.7%)
OpenBitASIC - 6 (4.1%)
Other? - 18 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 147

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whose ASIC will ship first?  (Read 4010 times)
crazyates (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:17:48 AM

So everyone knows about BFL's announcement for their upcoming ASIC products, called their SC line.

Now, BTCFPGA (now www.bitcoinasic.com) has announced their own ASIC, the bASIC.

BFL first announced an October shipment date, but has recently clarified to be "late October, early November". Everyone knows BFL's current shipping situation is a joke.

Tom, on the other hand, has always maintained much more consistent shipping practices, but is currently scheduled for a "November/December" ship time.

So, what do you think? Please do not flame either company. I'm sick of it Wink

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:22:07 AM

don't forget ASICMINER on glbse
crazyates (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:25:36 AM

don't forget ASICMINER on glbse

As far as I know, they do not actually sell ASIC products, am I right? They sell shares which will be paid back to you in BTC when they create the hardware (that the investors paid for) and mine on it themselves.

arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:23:26 AM

ASICMINER is supposed to be selling the hardware too. but yes, they do plan to mine on the first batch of chips themselves, both to refine the design of the PCB and software and such, and to repay investors faster, if i understand the situation correctly.

also, has openbit asic said anything around here in months? i'd assumed that was defunct.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 04:04:46 PM

And don't forget the Deepbit Reclaimer ASIC. Unfortunately, info in Russian only for now.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 02:47:17 AM

Now we gotta add Avalon to this list.. although he's pretty clear that the first round won't be until Dec 31 ish, and "full run" by Feb 2013

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 10:55:04 AM

Now we gotta add Avalon to this list.. although he's pretty clear that the first round won't be until Dec 31 ish, and "full run" by Feb 2013

still I wouldn't wonder if they ship first - stranger things have happened
GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 03:31:14 AM

BFL
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 03:33:43 AM

I thought it was first run by end of Feb 2012? Where did you get Dec 31st?
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:25:54 PM

BFL first announced an October shipment date, but has recently clarified to be "late October, early November". Everyone knows BFL's current shipping situation is a joke.

I voted BFL. Were they the first ones to start creating ASIC products all those months back? I can't remember if another company started first...

Either way, since they're advertising the November period, I suspect they'll probably be the first ones out of the gate in this race.

Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:46:00 PM

Well it is October and there is still no PROOF or whatever that there are ASIC..at all.. Huh

The gpu,s were invented and created by a million dollar gaming industrie so thats for real, the fpga were there also before btcmining, i really hope for those pre-ordered they WILL get deliverd.. Shocked Shocked

So i say non will get deliverd first..

COINDER
COINDER
solareclipse64236

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 03:02:40 PM

you're a retard, if there were no asics, then over 10 thousand people would sue the company and get their money back

Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 03:08:38 PM

Well it is October and there is still no PROOF or whatever that there are ASIC..at all.. Huh

I can kind of see your side on this...there isn't any physical evidence of the device because no one on the forum is holding one in their hands. I get that.

But there is PLENTY of circumstantial evidence to show otherwise. 4-5 different companies creating and marketing their devices...tons of obvious test runs shown in the network hash fluxes...BFL showing pictures of what their devices will look like on their website...

Not to mention they've already sold past products that are still in use today, and they're giving you an opportunity to upgrade those products.

The evidence is there...all you need to do is look Smiley

squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 03:14:43 PM

I can kind of see your side on this...there isn't any physical evidence of the device because no one on the forum is holding one in their hands. I get that.

But there is PLENTY of circumstantial evidence to show otherwise. 4-5 different companies creating and marketing their devices...tons of obvious test runs shown in the network hash fluxes...BFL showing pictures of what their devices will look like on their website...

Not to mention they've already sold past products that are still in use today, and they're giving you an opportunity to upgrade those products.

There is evidence these companies are in the process of create ASIC devices yes, but all of this evidence is based on speculation/statements. No one has seen any evidence of an actual prototype in their consumers or manufacturers hands. I think that is where the concern is coming from, since after all, how can you delivery early November if you don't even have a prototype out yet?
Frequency

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 03:21:12 PM

you're a retard, if there were no asics, then over 10 thousand people would sue the company and get their money back

Sue what then?? if all those 10 thousand people get there hands on a asic x 50gh they screw themselfs don,t you get it??
Just let me be the retard who will say ..i told u so.. thx

COINDER
COINDER
Frequency

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 03:28:05 PM

There is evidence these companies are in the process of create ASIC devices yes, but all of this evidence is based on speculation/statements. No one has seen any evidence of an actual prototype in their consumers or manufacturers hands. I think that is where the concern is coming from, since after all, how can you delivery early November if you don't even have a prototype out yet?

+1

COINDER
COINDER
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 03:44:22 PM

Agreed, and your statement was a bit more eloquent and to the point compared to mine Tongue

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 03:30:19 PM

whichever company has produced the asic first would be stupid not to wait with shipping until another company has finished it's asic.
mining in the meantime will make a fortune...
crazyates (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 03:51:00 PM

whichever company has produced the asic first would be stupid not to wait with shipping until another company has finished it's asic.
So company A creates ASICs, and starts mining on them. The difficulty triples (at least), and the entire network hates them. Company B comes out with an ASIC, and starts shipping, so Company A stops mining, and starts shipping?

I can guarantee you, no one would ever buy from Company A again, and there would be many returns.

Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 04:04:09 PM

So company A creates ASICs, and starts mining on them. The difficulty triples (at least), and the entire network hates them. Company B comes out with an ASIC, and starts shipping, so Company A stops mining, and starts shipping?

I can guarantee you, no one would ever buy from Company A again, and there would be many returns.

Agreed. It's one thing to test out the hardware a bit here and there to make sure it meets specs, but if it turns out Company A was mining on the hardware to make some quick cash I'd be super pissed...mainly because they're now selling me a used product.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: