Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux for Bitcoin Users  (Read 629 times)
akapribot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 04:47:39 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a Linux for Bitcoin users. The sole goal of the Linux will be providing support for using Bitcoins and maintaining privacy like storing and encrypting your Bitcoin wallet.

Before finalizing the Linux,
I'd like to know your thoughts about this idea.

Waiting eagerly to hear your responses.

Thank you!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:51:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a Linux for Bitcoin users. The sole goal of the Linux will be providing support for using Bitcoins and maintaining privacy like storing and encrypting your Bitcoin wallet.

Before finalizing the Linux,
I'd like to know your thoughts about this idea.

Waiting eagerly to hear your responses.

Thank you!

Please include Armory.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:54:57 PM

I would think most users would prefer using bitcoin on an existing Linux distribution, but there may be a market for a light-weight linux distribution focussed on security, bitcoin and anonymity (i.e. with a few good clients installed - I second the comment about Armory, and TOR installed in such a way that the bitcoin clients go through TOR).

The main reason *not* to use such a special distribution would be security updates.  But if you base it off a recognized distribution, you should be able to provide security updates, or better yet let the base distribution do it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: