Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 07:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking Gavin & MagicalTux anything  (Read 1984 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 07:50:36 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/zbfvi/two_ama_requests_gavin_and_magicaltux/

Well, it's just a request for an AMA, they haven't agreed to it.
If you're a reddit user, come and vote up (the AMA requests, not just the post linking to them).

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 08:34:46 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/zbfvi/two_ama_requests_gavin_and_magicaltux/

If you're a reddit user, come and vote up (the AMA requests, not just the post linking to them).

I don't do Reddit much, but just contributed.

~Bruno~
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 08:36:12 AM

~Bruno~

Cool.

I replied on reddit.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:04:45 AM

~Bruno~

If you didn't know, Mark had nothing to do with the original MtGox (Magic the Gathering Exchange) he bought it from Jed after it had already been converted to the largest bitcoin exchange.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:06:53 AM

~Bruno~

Cool.

I replied on reddit.

mY bAD!! Will they answer any questions presented to them there?

If you didn't know, Mark had nothing to do with the original MtGox (Magic the Gathering Exchange) he bought it from Jed after it had already been converted to the largest bitcoin exchange.

I do remember that. Thanks, though, for the reminder.

~Bruno~
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:13:25 AM

mY bAD!! Will they answer any questions presented to them there?

~Bruno~

Let's hope so. This AMA is actually an AMA request ... we need to convince them to do the AMAs.
And of course they will not answer "any questions" (hmm, Mark, what is your Mt. Gox password? <ignore ubikeys for now>)

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:18:23 AM

~Bruno~

That's not the whole story either. When I talked with Jed he said there was never a Magic: the Gathering Online Exchange running on mtgox.com, he just got the domain thinking he may want to make one one day.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:21:36 AM

That's not the whole story either. When I talked with Jed he said there was never a Magic: the Gathering Online Exchange running on mtgox.com, he just got the domain thinking he may want to make one one day.

I wonder how large is the intersection between the community of Magic players and Bitcoin users...

I am a Magic player, and oddly enough, about 50% of the people that I "sold" the idea of Bitcoin to a year ago are also Magic players.
(And I spammed Bitcoin in my social circles like crazy)

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:41:05 AM

~Bruno~

Interesting, I had assumed it did exist, but didn't figure it was ever much.

Funny to remember how bitcoin was such a small thing that someone would use a left over domain for an exchange.

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:46:43 AM

I wonder how large is the intersection between the community of Magic players and Bitcoin users...

I am a Magic player, and oddly enough, about 50% of the people that I "sold" the idea of Bitcoin to a year ago are also Magic players.
FWIW I used to play a lot with my brother back in the day, and I still have a sizable collection. But nowadays I only play maybe once a year.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:55:04 AM

FWIW I used to play a lot with my brother back in the day, and I still have a sizable collection. But nowadays I only play maybe once a year.

There's a pre-release soon, you should come.
We also have a casual group of 4-8 players ... we play every 1 month or so in the Tel Aviv area.

chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 11:25:50 AM

Asking Gavin & MagicalTux anything

inb4

gavinandresen:
What did you tell the guys from the CIA last year? What did they ask you? What are the names of the guys you talked to?

MagicalTux:
What's the source code of MtGox?

Tongue

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:08:08 PM

I think they have done one before.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:53:52 PM

As a data-point, I've got no idea what 'Magic' is.  I think maybe something like Dungeons & Dragons (which I never understood or tried to) but with more toys?  Maybe things would be different if I were not primarily a county hick.  OTOH, I am doing well to know whether a given team plays pro football or pro baseball, so it's possible that I'm just not wired for games.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:49:54 PM

As a data-point, I've got no idea what 'Magic' is.  I think maybe something like Dungeons & Dragons (which I never understood or tried to) but with more toys?  Maybe things would be different if I were not primarily a county hick.  OTOH, I am doing well to know whether a given team plays pro football or pro baseball, so it's possible that I'm just not wired for games.

It's a collectible card game. That's all I know, mark it down as data.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: