Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:33:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are dead ? FinCEN investigation!  (Read 3055 times)
david1365 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:48:59 AM

Last days i heard about FinCEN investigation... so what will happen to altcoins world?
Are exchanges like bittrex or cyptsy in danger of closing? or what? should we be concerned with this situation?
Please discussion about it.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:14:35 PM

Nothing will happen. Even if Cryptsy and Bittrex goes down (what is quite unlikely) there are still many option outside FinCEN's reach. There is whole wide and financially relative free world outside of the US Smiley.
david1365 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:20:26 PM

Nothing will happen. Even if Cryptsy and Bittrex goes down (what is quite unlikely) there are still many option outside FinCEN's reach. There is whole wide and financially relative free world outside of the US Smiley.
But bittrex and cryptsy are two major exchanges right now, so what will happen if they goes down? alternative exchanges? there will not major and high volume exchanges after trex or cryptsy.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:28:08 PM

But bittrex and cryptsy are two major exchanges right now, so what will happen if they goes down? alternative exchanges? there will not major and high volume exchanges after trex or cryptsy.

In the long run, an intervention of FinCen would be good for crypto. It would force the ecosystem to create and use p2p exchanges, anonymity and other good features. 
david1365 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:31:34 PM

In the long run, an intervention of FinCen would be good for crypto. It would force the ecosystem to create and use p2p exchanges, anonymity and other good features. 
I hope so...
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:41:38 PM

Major exchanges...and then what? Once upon a time there was a major exchange called MtGox... and quite lot more Smiley. I think we could do quite well with distributed exchanges only. Moreover I think distributed exchanges are the natural way for the evolution of crypto economy.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:43:04 PM

So was MtGox, but trading continued after it went under.

I doubt that Bittrex will have any immediate problems. Cryptsy on the other hand, deals in fiat and are more vulnerable. They are working on becoming compliant, but from what I understand, are only compliant on the federal level. They are still noncompliant in most states.

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:23:17 PM

Major exchanges...and then what? Once upon a time there was a major exchange called MtGox... and quite lot more Smiley. I think we could do quite well with distributed exchanges only. Moreover I think distributed exchanges are the natural way for the evolution of crypto economy.

Re: distributed exchanges, have you tried Multigateway? multigateway.org, main exchange is for BTC right now but supports 5-6 others.

I don't think people will move from centralized options until they are forced to, i.e. by their absence
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 01:25:02 PM

I for one am sort of glad that FinCEN is cracking down on these shitty IPO coins to be honest.
FOr the most part their should never be a need for an IPO to launch your coin.

I honestly think this is a good thing and people may think twice about posting garbage IPO coins from now on.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:35:24 AM

Last days i heard about FinCEN investigation... so what will happen to altcoins world?
Are exchanges like bittrex or cyptsy in danger of closing? or what? should we be concerned with this situation?
Please discussion about it.

what does FinCEN mean? and how will the altcoin exchanges bittrex and cryptsy or all other exchanges will be in danger of closing if they are from different countries and far from each other? i think it will be hard to close them all
inigthz

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:44:18 AM

Just call poloniex. The UI design is so great.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:59:04 AM

FinCEN is basically useless since exchanges can just be located or move out of their jurisdiction. Fiat exchange can still be regulated, but it is impossible for them to regulate pure crypto trades. The White House just got a moderate Bitcoin advisor, and Nasdaq is going to use the blockchain. I see a more moderate future.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:07:02 AM

I for one am sort of glad that FinCEN is cracking down on these shitty IPO coins to be honest.

I honestly think this is a good thing and people may think twice about posting garbage IPO coins from now on.

-415 trust?  What did YOU do?!  er, what do people claim you did ...
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:05:22 AM

-415 trust?  What did YOU do?!  er, what do people claim you did ...

Don't be lazy, just click on his trust rating.
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:09:30 AM

FInCEn bites only that which it can reach. Which is the U.S only.

Exchange software has been open sourced, there is no reason why new exchanges from other parts of the world will not take over.
adidas

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Americans do it better

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:21:45 AM

OMG
-415 trust.

How did you do that?  Grin

Altcoins are not dead.
If BTC is alive it also means that alts are alive.

d3former

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:29:19 AM

Big news gonna come from an alt soon its due.
pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 11:36:20 AM

Decentralised ones are safe and the untraceable are safer Wink

BTTrader

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:46:40 AM

FinCEN is basically useless since exchanges can just be located or move out of their jurisdiction. Fiat exchange can still be regulated, but it is impossible for them to regulate pure crypto trades. The White House just got a moderate Bitcoin advisor, and Nasdaq is going to use the blockchain. I see a more moderate future.
FinCEN is regulating bitcoin related business and won't kill them IMO. It enforces them comply with the anti money laundering law. It is good for their development. Bitcoin has more applications coming. It will attract ppl's attention and thrive!
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:19:00 PM

Distributed exchanges are the future. There are a lot of scams and hacks happened at the centralized exchanges! Users are always picking up the exchanges to trade carefully! Once ppl have the option to choose the decentralized exchanges, I believe most of them will choose to trade there!

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌