Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WANTED] 500 BTC Contract for difference (I'm taking the long position)  (Read 925 times)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 12:31:22 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2012, 04:24:19 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

I need to go long on BTC, and I would like to do it with a CFD just like I previously discussed, except this time I'm taking the long side. If you're looking to short BTC, this is for you.

Preferably this will be done with reputable members, without any collateral offered by either party. If sufficient trust cannot be established we will consider collateral or escrow. No money will be transferred when the agreement starts, and only bitcoins (not USD) will be sent when it ends.

For now I'm looking for a 500 BTC contract but this may be extended in the future, either with the original party or another party.

How this works: When we start the agreement, we record the BTC exchange rate $O. When either party wishes to settle the contract, we look at the current exchange rate $C. I will then pay you 500*(O/C-1) BTC (equivalent to 500*(O-C) USD, which is what you would have gained by selling 500 BTC and then buying them). If this is negative you pay me 500*(1-O/C) BTC.

To avoid confusion about the exact time in which the exchange rate is determined, I suggest that we use the opening rate in the charts on mtgox.com at some future time we decide.

Duration: The contract will last until one party decides to settle it, which it can do with 2 days notice. This should be enough time to prepare the settlement payment, but a leniency of a few days in actual payment will be allowed. The minimum duration is 2 weeks and the contract can't be ended before this time elapses. These terms are negotiable.

Contract refreshment: To avoid either party being in too much debt to the other, the contract should be occasionally refreshed (for example, whenever the exchange rate moves by $1). To do this, I will pay 500*(O/M-1) BTC where $M is the current exchange rate, and then M will be assigned as the new value for O. (The exact value of M isn't as critical as the initial O and the final C).

Alternative method: I'll lend 500 BTC and receive a loan of $6500 Mtgox USD. The loans will act as collateral for each other and carry no interest. You can sell the bitcoins to take a short position, or use them without needing to have a long BTC position.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

Bumping for being still/again relevant. Amount was updated to 500 BTC for now, smaller amounts will also be considered.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Kumala

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 03:17:36 AM

The features of "Options" on Vircurex.com might help to facilitate to secure such deals. Knowing that CFD and Options are different in nature, but Options too allow you to hedge your investments and you have the exchange to take care of the "deposits".

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 06:47:54 AM

The features of "Options" on Vircurex.com might help to facilitate to secure such deals. Knowing that CFD and Options are different in nature, but Options too allow you to hedge your investments and you have the exchange to take care of the "deposits".
Right, but I want to reduce middleman risk if possible, and I expect that getting my desired position with options will entail very high friction.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: