Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:40:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a large loan.  (Read 2617 times)
pirate1 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:11:43 PM

Hi, I am trying to create a job for myself.  I am looking for a loan to purchase hardware to increase my Bitcoin production to where I can make a living off of it.   I am looking for a large loan but I will not pay 10% a week.  I will guarantee a 50% return in one year for loans for a minimum of 100 Bitcoins.  I am trying to borrow 3,500 Bitcoins so I can purchase a Butterfly Labs Mini Rig ‘SC”.  One of those would get me to where I could make a living for my wife and I.  First off, I want to point out that my name pirate1 refers to the fact that I wear an eyepatch.  I have no relation to the pirate who apparently has been doing a ripoff.  In fact that makes me wish I had chosen another name.  It also has nothing to do with pirating software or music or anything like that.  It only has to do with the fact I wear an eyepatch.  With the eyepatch pirate and patch have been nicknames for a while.  I have an Indiegogo campaign up that explains my whole situation and what I am trying to do.  That can be found at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/210944?a=563041.  I also have a couple of other web sites that explain who I am and what I am trying to do.  I  have set up a site called CyberMiningCompany.com to be my mining business.  Take a look at it.  I am currently mining with two XFX 6870 video cards and two Butterfly Labs Bitforce Singles.  I am getting around 2100-2200 mh/s and making about a Bitcoin a day.  That’s not enough to make a living but it’s enough that I know how the process works.  I have been checking out Bitcoins for about a year and joined this site back in January of this year.  I also have a site called HuntWebDesign.net.  If you go there you can find my resume posted on the ‘about the designer’ page.
     I do not want loans with monthly or weekly payments as I really don’t have much of an income at this point and it will take a little bit to get the Mini Rig or whatever hardware I end up getting, up and running.  Until that happens I don’t want to obligate myself for payments that would be a problem.  If things work out like I think they will I will repay the loan ahead of schedule.  Also if I do as well as I am hoping to do I will be adding a bonus on top of the 50% but I do not want to guarantee more than 50% as for anything but Bitcoins that is already a ridiculously high interest rate.  I just want to create a job for myself where I can get my wife and I back on our feet.  It has been a rough few years since construction fell through the floor here in Florida and I went back to school to get my computer degree.  It’s time to get back on my feet but I need some help.  If you take a chance with me I promise to pay back the loan and the 50% within a year or less.  Or, you might like the perks on my My Indiegogo Campaign.  The top perks are custom built computers in about a year.  Anyway, check it out.
     I can be contacted through rhunt@cyberminingcompany.com or hrobert511@aol.com.  I will try to keep up with any comments on this post also.  If you have any questions let me know.

As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:14:05 PM

Cool story.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:17:47 PM

Good luck!!!
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 04:26:00 PM

Making bitcoin mining your family's primary income source is a terrible idea.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:27:40 PM

face

meet palm

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
pirate1 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 05:28:49 PM

Bigmerve, it seems like a better idea to me than no source at all.
Anonx, all  the stuff going on with pirate@40 really does make me wish I had used another name when I joined but with the eyepatch, pirate and patch have been nicknames for years.  At this point I guess I am just stuck with it.  You can e-mail me at either one of the e-mails I gave about the Bitcoins.
tenakha, thank you.
foggyb, glad you liked my history

As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 05:36:20 PM

This is car.

Car can drive fast. Wheee!

Like boat can drive fast.

No! Bad doggy. Car is better.

Oh NO! Car watch out! Wall is coming!

Poor car.  Cry

pirate1 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 06:33:38 PM

I don't think that would have been my title for the first picture.

556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 09:16:45 PM

Why would anyone do this rather than buy mining equipment themselves? Protip: they won't. Find a job at a pirate themed dive bar.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 09:12:05 AM

Your choice of username inspires confidence

Sent 500BTC, GL!

Who are you, really?
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:17:12 AM

Sent 500BTC, GL!

Who are you, really?
What?

You heard him, who are you? post a scan of passport showing all four corners and a copy of a recent utility bill or don't bother replying at all.

Edit: this is going way off topic, starting a new thread "who is the elusive AnonX?"
DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 12:13:36 PM

Sent 500BTC, GL!

Who are you, really?
What?

I could use a small loan, if you're in the lending mood.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 12:40:05 PM

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
pirate1 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 03:33:45 PM

Guys, I don't know who anon is.  He just replied to my post and wished me luck.  I haven't actually received 500 BTC from him.  The thread is about my trying to borrow enough that I can buy the machinery to mine enough Bitcoins to support myself.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 03:45:50 PM

Guys, I don't know who anon is.  He just replied to my post and wished me luck.  I haven't actually received 500 BTC from him.  The thread is about my trying to borrow enough that I can buy the machinery to mine enough Bitcoins to support myself.

Get a job you bum!
hottweelz

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 03:53:52 PM

Can you confirm how many miles you are from Saint Marys, GA?  (I already know the answer).

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:35:44 PM

You must be either joking or stupid.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:51:33 PM

Perhaps if you were smart enough to know what Paragraphs are, Then maybe we could've read your OP, Rather than
TL;DR No Loan

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:26:07 PM

Perhaps if you were smart enough to know what Paragraphs are, Then maybe we could've read your OP, Rather than
TL;DR No Loan
Sadly I know what paragraphs are, still your post has no sense other than offense for me.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
pirate1 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 11:19:11 PM

Chang Hum-I am trying to get a job.  The last one I had was just part time and they ran out of work the first of July.
I went back to college and spent the last couple of years getting a computer degree to try to get a job.  In this area even that is not helping.  I'll have my Master's Degree in a couple of months but that doesn't put food on the table and pay our bills.
This post is just one thing I am trying to get back on my feet.  It is not the only thing.

Hottweelz-I am about 150 miles from St. Marys, GA.  Why are you asking that?

cedivad-I am not joking or stupid.  Maybe desperate is the more appropriate word.  Then again maybe is was stupid to ask for help on this site.  No need to be offensive, I didn't mean to insult you with my request.  My apologies.

JackRabiit-If it is my grammar and punctuation you are referring to, I am sorry it didn't meet your standards.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: