Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:15:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skills-based bitcoin racing game - idea any good?  (Read 643 times)
JBwell (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:04:41 PM

Hi All,

Am interested in developing a skills-based bitcoin racing game that uses the provably-fair nature of the blockchain, and has a bit of homage to proof-of-work...

- Simple racing game
- There are x racers, each represented on screen and linked to an individual BTC address
- To make the racer move, you send a BTC transaction to one of the racer's BTC addresses
- Min amount applies, so the txn is not spam
- Winner of the race is the racer that has been sent most transactions by a pre-defined end block
- Bitcoin prize-winnings shared by all who sent BTC to the winning racer

Interested to know what you all think - worth pursuing or put it in the can?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:15:20 AM

So, we need to send our BTC to play this game and just keep sending till we win the game? (CMIIW) I think it's not a skill based game, it just like a gambling.

faucet used to be profitable
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:16:08 PM

Sounds like a game for rich people.....or people who will try to game the system.

How many confirmations would be needed for a transaction to be credited? 0? Or more?
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:51:06 PM

Sounds a lot like fishbitfish, but with cars instead.  Undecided

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 02:05:12 PM

Sounds a lot like fishbitfish, but with cars instead.  Undecided

Never heard of fishbitfish.....Let's do some Googling Smiley
JBwell (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:19:27 PM

Thanks all for you replies.

#JeremyCoin - yes, you just keep sending transactions to win the game, but there would be a strategy element too. For example, while the racer with most BTC transactions wins, your share of the BTC prize-winnings would be based on amount of BTC sent. I am pretty sure it is not gambling because you are not waging money on an outcome. Rather, the BTC sent is directly deciding the outcome.

#jdebunt The min transaction would be quite low eg 0.001 or 0.01 BTC. With reference to confirmations, I was thinking that 0 confirms would show on the race screen, but it would need (standard?) 6 confirms for the race result to be finalised. Part of the strategy element would be that the last block is 'blind' ie you would never know when exactly the last block is going to be mined. Could it be gamed? Maybe - most things can. The only way I have thought of so far is a bot programmed to send right amount of transactions of the right amount to maintain a winning position, but I don't think this would be infallible as,  like I say, you would never know when the last block is going to be mined...

#coinableS Yeah, damn good call re fishbit. I just checked their site and it's similar to the idea I mentined but there are differences. In particular, I would like it for each player to be able to have their own racer (own BTC address), so that you would be in effect racing on your own account (but would also be able to play on other racers). I have done a search for other similar games but could not find any, so if you know more much thanks if you can pass on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: