Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:30:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Hiker survives off own breast milk  (Read 819 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:11:34 PM

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Breast milk saved the day for a mother trapped in the wilderness.

29-year-old Susan O'Brien was brought to tears in an emotional reunion with her family in New Zealand after being rescued by helicopter.

The 29-year-old athlete was competing in a twelve mile trail run in the Orongorongo Valley, near the New Zealand capital of Wellington when she got lost.

The mother of an 8-month-old girl saying she survived a night in Bushlands by covering herself in dirt and drinking her own breast milk.

"I got lost and got stuck in some bushes and then I thought that was it," said O'Brien.

"One thing that helped me, cause I'm breast feeding my baby, so I had a bit of my milk which I thought that should keep me going for energy," she said.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29029802/woman-survives-off-own-breast-milk
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:23:58 AM

Since she creates her own milk I wonder how effective that really was.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:41:49 PM

If you look at Vod's little "picture" there, you will realize that this isn't such a fantastic thing after all.

Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:57:07 PM

Somewhere you just know that one of Bear Grylls producers is taking notes  Grin
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:56:33 PM

Survived one whole night!?!  Stop the presses.

I know the excuse I'm going to use if I get caught jacking off in the woods.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 10:10:29 PM

Stuck in a bush for the night?! Stop the presses!
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:18:35 PM

I've stayed in wilderness for longer than a single night, and I certainly don't have any breast milk to feed me!

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Since she creates her own milk I wonder how effective that really was.
Negative ballance of course. I doubt you can starve in a single day even, so not really worth the trouble trying. I bet thirst was the foremost motivator.

PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:19:55 AM

This would be SO tasty nasty (yes, I really did type tasty first xD) but I think everyone would do what she did to survive.  Using someone else's breastmilk wouldn't be any less gross.

Rotary Sausage

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:00:09 AM

Drinking your own urine is also a great survival technique. But it must be your own.
In many cases where multiple people were stranded and facing death from starvation
where people have died, it is almost always the ones who drank their own urine who
were the survivors. Even if you have plenty of water, the urine drinks will still survive
the longest.

Source? Well this isn't really new. Just try and find some reports on it.
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:04:14 AM

Somewhere you just know that one of Bear Grylls producers is taking notes  Grin

Yeah the piss joke is getting a little old time to do something even more crazy.
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:28:00 AM

Survived one whole night!?!  Stop the presses.

I know the excuse I'm going to use if I get caught jacking off in the woods.

I've stayed in wilderness for longer than a single night, and I certainly don't have any breast milk to feed me!

Just recently, I spent a day without access to food or water for 24 hours. It's surprisingly more difficult than you think and by the end of the experience, I was starting to get dizzy and weak (and very thirsty and hungry too of course). And that was just in my own home. Being trapped in the woods after a long day of strenuous exercise and hiking for 12 miles with the sun beating down on you would have definitely been a very uncomfortable experience.

Also, as a survival tactic, what she did probably doesn't make much sense. Any water or nutrients from the breast milk would have simply been reabsorbed and reallocated to other areas of her body as needed.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:55:29 AM

One night, really? she could survived 3-4 days without food easily.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-days-can-you-survive-without-water-2014-5
The only problem would be that she could be exhausted after running but still 24h is nothing to brag about. The only reason this is a big news is because she drank her own milk.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 09:10:31 AM

I regularly go 24 or more hours without food.  I do need water every 12 hours or so.

The only reason this is a big news is because she drank her own milk.

Yep.  Big deal.  Her body had already expended the energy to create it (she couldn't have stopped her body from doing that) so it was a smart move on her part.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:15:38 AM

We just found the secret to achieve free energy!

fuck thermodynamics, breast milk and urine!

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:22:43 AM

Yeah, this is pretty funny. I'm sure many people get drunk or lost on a night out and spend the night sleeping rough so this isn't exceptional at all. In fact, I have no idea why she even told people she drank her own milk. Imagine admitting to drinking your own piss after spending one night out in the wild. I'd just keep it to myself out of embarrassment. If I was out there a week it would be a different matter, but a day? This shouldn't be news at all other than how stupid she is.

This would be SO tasty nasty (yes, I really did type tasty first xD) but I think everyone would do what she did to survive.  Using someone else's breastmilk wouldn't be any less gross.

Do you not drink cow's milk? I think that is far more weird drinking the milk of a beast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: