Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cloudmining still profitible?  (Read 582 times)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:56:56 AM

So I started out with Bitcoin on faucets like everyone else, and during this time I learned about cloudmining. Right now, I am using cloudminr.io and I have spent a total of $CAD80 in contracts, and I have re-invested the profits.

I heard about the NASDAQ test and I am hoping that will drive up the price. However, as the difficulty of creating new Bitcoinsn incresees, the more TH/S required Otherwise, mining at all may noit be worth it. Is there any money to be made with cloudmining services?

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
leveragedcoins

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:26:02 AM

I am wanting to do cloud mining.  I do not have room for a miner in my apartment.

I have around 2 BTC to invest.  Do you think it's a good time to buy cloud?  If so where?  Some seem bad.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 07:10:03 AM

I am wanting to do cloud mining.  I do not have room for a miner in my apartment.

I have around 2 BTC to invest.  Do you think it's a good time to buy cloud?  If so where?  Some seem bad.

Ponzis claiming themselves as cloud mining providers have very less to no fees whichi will give you more profit but there is a high chance you will loose BTC. Investing in legit sites will take more days to reach ROI as they have fees. Your best bet is trading but don't trade with all the BTC you got as there is high risk of loosing. Read basics of trading before you start trading.

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1417

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:36:34 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 12:13:18 PM by arallmuus

Is there any money to be made with cloudmining services?

In term of investor I will blatantly said that there is a chance to make some money although the chance to lose is higher than what you will earn. Since you mentioned that you are sticking with cloudminr.io then your chance to lose is higher than what you will get since that cloud has been operating for quite some time and might stop their operation soon

P.S : all most cloud mining wont stay for such long time, if they wish to stay they will need new investor to support their ponzis, otherwise they will just cease operation and get away with investor's money

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:44:17 AM

In term of investor I will blatantly said that there is a chance to make some money although the chance to lose is higher than what you will earn. Since you mentioned that you are sticking with cloudminr.io then your chance to lose is higher than what you will get since that cloud has been operating for quite some time and might stop their operation soon

P.S : all cloud mining wont stay for such long time, if they wish to stay they will need new investor to support their ponzis, otherwise they will just cease operation and get away with investor's money

Are you concluding all cloud mining services are ponzis?

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:58:38 AM

The best question to ask yourself is this - if the people running the cloud mining operation are leaving room for you to make profit off their farm, why wouldn't they just exclude you and earn more without having the hassle of managing a user base. It doesn't make any sense from a logical perspective for them to leave you a share for nothing. If it looks too good to be true, then in all likelihood it is. Most cloud mining schemes have been shown to be ponzi's which means only the first investor's will make any money - and that money will be from later victims.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:15:54 AM

The legit ones are not profitable at the moment. everyone else is probably a ponzi/scam - consider it a gamble at this point.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:30:19 AM

It takes much more money then 2 BTC to make some meaningful money both in the cloud and home mining. ROI is about 300 days, do not forge that and new miners about be available this summer.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Vitamin King

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:18:58 AM

So I started out with Bitcoin on faucets like everyone else, and during this time I learned about cloudmining. Right now, I am using cloudminr.io and I have spent a total of $CAD80 in contracts, and I have re-invested the profits.

I heard about the NASDAQ test and I am hoping that will drive up the price. However, as the difficulty of creating new Bitcoinsn incresees, the more TH/S required Otherwise, mining at all may noit be worth it. Is there any money to be made with cloudmining services?

CloudMinr.io is definitely a good choice for cloud mining. I have made profit with www.CloudMining.website a month ago, though difficulty was a bit lower at that point of time.

1. Cost is starting @ 0.0008 BTC/Ghs.

2. Running for over six months now.

3. Publishes payment proof of last six month: www.cloudmining.website/payments.php

4. Verified by third party mining review site to have ROI in ~114 days...

Source: www.cmmonitor.com/24-cloudmining-website.html

Not your Keys = Not your Coin | No Risk = No Gain
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:01:02 AM

Mintsy offers cloud mining contracts both SHA and Scrypt. You can split the hashrate between multiple coins, and point them at external pools.

Mintsy is a Joint project between digitalBTC and Cryptsy.

Mintsy offers other services as well.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:11:29 PM

The thing with cloud mining is that it can become hugely profitable overnight again. The question is whether or not you want to stick around long enough for that to happen.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1417

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:12:53 PM

P.S : all most cloud mining wont stay for such long time, if they wish to stay they will need new investor to support their ponzis, otherwise they will just cease operation and get away with investor's money

Are you concluding all cloud mining services are ponzis?

Just realized that I was wrong about that and I would say most of them and not all. Even if they are not completely ponzis they may be doing some fractional mining, meaning selling more hashpower that they actually have.

P.S : Corrected that, sorry, should be most instead of all

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:43:12 PM

The real could mining isn't profitable in this moment
But, the ponzi cloud mining is still profitable. But, who knows when will they run away Roll Eyes

If you are crazy, you should try scrypt.cc or cloudmining.website
I heard few people got profit very fast than other ponzi site

scrypt.cc seems down for now. They have halted mining for 48 hours. We ll see if they come back.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:09:57 PM

The real could mining isn't profitable in this moment
But, the ponzi cloud mining is still profitable. But, who knows when will they run away Roll Eyes

If you are crazy, you should try scrypt.cc or cloudmining.website
I heard few people got profit very fast than other ponzi site
No, they're scammers for sure. I am hoping the price of Bitcoin will go up after that wallstreet announcement. That would sure make it profitable.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: