Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:43:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: advice needed for placing bet from insider info  (Read 1800 times)
ForsakM (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:38:26 AM

so as you can see i am not posting even from my primary username since i am not sure this is legal.
i found a guy who is selling some betting info with odds over 25/1. the matches seem to be fixed or somehow the result is known earlier.
there is a bitcoin payment option so i guess that is the safe way to do it... but still,will i get in some mess if i buy this info and bet on it?
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:51:29 AM

so as you can see i am not posting even from my primary username since i am not sure this is legal.
i found a guy who is selling some betting info with odds over 25/1. the matches seem to be fixed or somehow the result is known earlier.
there is a bitcoin payment option so i guess that is the safe way to do it... but still,will i get in some mess if i buy this info and bet on it?

First off, if you're going to use insider information - at least make sure you can verify the source. Anyone can sell you 'inside information' which doesn't actually eventuate. Now, in reality, unless you have a strange betting history (or bet an extremely large sum ie. >$100K) I doubt you'd actually be flagged, but depending on your jurisdiction using betting on fixed outcomes may be illegal and have penalties. If I were you I'd do more research first.
d3former

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:53:07 AM

Betting using multiple accounts like u did posting this question may also b a good idea.
ForsakM (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:55:40 AM

First off, if you're going to use insider information - at least make sure you can verify the source. Anyone can sell you 'inside information' which doesn't actually eventuate. Now, in reality, unless you have a strange betting history (or bet an extremely large sum ie. >$100K) I doubt you'd actually be flagged, but depending on your jurisdiction using betting on fixed outcomes may be illegal and have penalties. If I were you I'd do more research first.

Thank you for replying.  i cannot share the website because the buyers number is limited,but i am pretty confident in this source,i've seen pictures and videos...
i understand that betting on fixed outcome is illegal,but if i buy this info with bitcoin there is no way for them to proof that i knew it is fixed right?
i will only use fiat for betting on the event,so it would look like any ordinary bet...
ForsakM (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:02:15 AM

Betting using multiple accounts like u did posting this question may also b a good idea.

yeah i got the same advice from the seller. any idea what is a "reasonable" bet for high odds as 25/1? i believe most bookmakers have a payout limit of 10K - 20K,so i should go with 300-600 euros bets?
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:13:08 AM

is this a one time offer? if yes I would give it a pass. if it is more than a one time offer I would bet small and build up with time.
you need to ask yourself why would someone sell such an info? I wouldn't sell it

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:13:48 AM

yeah i got the same advice from the seller. any idea what is a "reasonable" bet for high odds as 25/1? i believe most bookmakers have a payout limit of 10K - 20K,so i should go with 300-600 euros bets?

The fact that your 'seller' has not gave you the low down on how to and how not to do it shows me this will not end up well for you lol If something seems to good to be true rings a bell  Cheesy The site should have everything on there you need to do it well and safe including an not limited to amount per bet, where to bet, what time to bet, in short basically everything question you could possibly have should have been answered and you would then not need to go on public forums asking. Anyone can create few videos and photoshop screen shots. Be careful.
rememberme

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:14:00 AM

Dont do it

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
ForsakM (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:22:40 AM

is this a one time offer? if yes I would give it a pass. if it is more than a one time offer I would bet small and build up with time.
you need to ask yourself why would someone sell such an info? I wouldn't sell it

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't

as i understood it is not a first hand info,this is someone who buys it and then resells it.
the reason? idk to be honest,maybe he cannot place enough bets... as i see from the stats he wins around 20-30K from a bet,which is not too much.
however if i go into this i will start with small stakes,won't dive in immediately...
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:31:52 AM

as i understood it is not a first hand info,this is someone who buys it and then resells it.
the reason? idk to be honest,maybe he cannot place enough bets... as i see from the stats he wins around 20-30K from a bet,which is not too much.
however if i go into this i will start with small stakes,won't dive in immediately...

Is there a minimum bet to be place? Since I dont see the exact reason for this guy to resell something that is a sure win bet. Not to mention that he won around 20-30k which is quite some good sum if you ask me.
I will restrain into going into this if I were you because this has some red flag that might get you burn already. Even if you diving with small stakes, you will still have a chance to lose it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ComboChris

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:34:24 AM

Why would he sell it to you if he could make more money abusing it himself?
It just sounds too good to be true to me, regardless of whether it's legal or not.
reannypleas

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:37:47 AM

Oh dear looks like he see you coming but at least you have the chance for people to talk sense into you but probably not as you will need to learn for yourself unfortunately. If he was making so much he would not need or care about your few hundred £$ would he? Or is this thread in the hope you get a pm asking you and then you will sell/scam them! Sounds like it to me if I am honest.

ForsakM (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:41:20 AM

Is there a minimum bet to be place? Since I dont see the exact reason for this guy to resell something that is a sure win bet. Not to mention that he won around 20-30k which is quite some good sum if you ask me.
I will restrain into going into this if I were you because this has some red flag that might get you burn already. Even if you diving with small stakes, you will still have a chance to lose it.

Why would he sell it to you if he could make more money abusing it himself?
It just sounds too good to be true to me, regardless of whether it's legal or not.

i understand that it is not 100 percent safe and there is some risk,i am not that blind... probably his (the seller's) problem is like everyone else's,bookmakers do not allow high stakes on that odds so he gets some more this way but who knows...
but still the illegal part is kinda scary for me,i am not sure if this can be traced to me or cause me any trouble
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:47:25 AM

If you do this and get caught you will face harsh penalties and could go to prison! Think carefully before you proceed down a road you have little knowledge about it never ends well for newbies with get rich quick schemes, there was a time I fell for something similar and yes I lost the few hundred dollars.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:17:53 AM

There is hardly anything as insider info. Insider info is usually just among 1 or 2 people, and I really doubt anyone would share it. As for payment, it is not a good idea , specially with bitcoin. It could just be a false claim.
ForsakM (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:34:50 PM

There is hardly anything as insider info. Insider info is usually just among 1 or 2 people, and I really doubt anyone would share it. As for payment, it is not a good idea , specially with bitcoin. It could just be a false claim.

i have reasons to believe that the info will be good,based on the history bets videos etc.
for the sharing the price is kinda high and the buyers slots are limited so it seems that someone is working a limited scheme.
about bitcoin i chose that payment method myself because i do not want to be tracked,but still there are other payment methods...
still i am aware that nothing in life is 100% and there is some risk,just this one seems to be worth taking it after reviewing it.
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:43:32 PM

i have reasons to believe that the info will be good,based on the history bets videos etc.
for the sharing the price is kinda high and the buyers slots are limited so it seems that someone is working a limited scheme.
about bitcoin i chose that payment method myself because i do not want to be tracked,but still there are other payment methods...
still i am aware that nothing in life is 100% and there is some risk,just this one seems to be worth taking it after reviewing it.

so good luck and let us know the outcome
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:53:56 PM

trying to buy a fixed match pick is risky
it's not about legal things

but they usually offer a very high price
Fixed matched really exists
in my country there were many ones and especially when a team is Guaranteed to win the league or for example if he lose unexpected match this will not change the results

u should do some researches before taking a further step
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:44:06 PM

LOL! This has to be something out of the movies.

Honestly just take the bet, a small amount because there is a good chance its a lie and you will lose everything.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:54:37 AM

If he is not asking too much for the tip just give it a shot, I doubt that it'll be real but there's only one way of finding out. I have met few people in my life who claimed that they can tell me inside tips on lottery numbers and I tried some of them and turns out they were just liars and I ended up not only losing the money I paid for the tip but also the big amount that I put on the tickets.

If you can set up a deal with him for half first and half after the result, that will be much safer.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: