Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just found a person selling about 44,000 Bitcoins in localbitcoins  (Read 3745 times)
torrentheaven (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:16:18 PM

I just bumped into this person  to find out that he is selling about 44,000 bitcoins for cash in Dubai, When the price are low, why does he want to sell such huge amount of bitcoins? your thoughts and opinions?

https://localbitcoins.com/ad/40269/buy-bitcoins-with-cash-dubai-united-arab-emirates-dubai-united-arab-emirates
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:18:43 PM

He wants 310 USD / BTC, so he just buy on an exchange and sell on Local Bitcoins.
torrentheaven (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:22:23 PM

He wants 310 USD / BTC, so he just buy on an exchange and sell on Local Bitcoins.

That can be true, but I'm wondering why a person would sell 13.5 Million USD worth Bitcoins as per his trade when he can wait for few more months or years and have the price go up and make ton of profit like say double or triple, make 50 million USD or something.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:25:39 PM

That can be true, but I'm wondering why a person would sell 13.5 Million USD worth Bitcoins as per his trade when he can wait for few more months or years and have the price go up and make ton of profit like say double or triple, make 50 million USD or something.

uhh simply because he don't have them. He had just acc on some exchange, some BTC on stock and in case of needs, he will transfer fiat to exchange and sell it again.

you know what? at 310$ I can sell you unlimited amount of bitcoins..Smiley)
torrentheaven (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:28:38 PM

uhh simply because he don't have them. He had just acc on some exchange, some BTC on stock and in case of needs, he will transfer fiat to exchange and sell it again.

Aren't those bitcoins about 44,000 be held in escrow in localbitcoins when someone starts the trade, is he having that many bitcoins in his account right now, and why would someone leave it in an exchange instead of keeping in cold storage if it were really there in his LBC account.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:43:35 PM

Well for a starter can he prove that he really owns 44k coins? with that price he is selling he would be able to use the money earned from the sale to get more of the coin in the exchangers to resell. Probably like any sellers he is just trying to get the attention.

torrentheaven (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:01:43 PM

Well for a starter can he prove that he really owns 44k coins? with that price he is selling he would be able to use the money earned from the sale to get more of the coin in the exchangers to resell. Probably like any sellers he is just trying to get the attention.

Isn't it like that the bitcoins shows in lbc ad, according to your balance in lbc wallet?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:24:47 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 02:45:12 PM by Amph

or because he don't need all that money, come on 13 millions are more than enough to retire why he should wait? and anyway he could always sell 50% and keep the rest if he really believe in bitcoin

but the fact that he is selling at a higher price make me think, that your statement held some reason, because if he had really that amount, he would do a discout, if he really need to sell them
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:19:55 PM

I remember during 2013 spring, some one from Dubai ordered tons of KNC jupiter, maybe this is the result of that operation  Grin

But wait, for a cash trades you can sell any amount, even 1 million bitcoins, so this does not say a lot

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:27:01 PM

For local ads, you do not need to have any bitcoins to put up an ad for any amount. Only with online ads does your wallet need to contain the coins in order for the ad to be active.

He plausibly could have zero coins stored on LocalBitcoins.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:41:08 PM

It would only make sense if that guy in dubai is some wealthy person, and he just tasted what bitcoin is and wants to cash out.

But, how do you verify that person being wealthy? also someone pointed out about with verifying the balance if he had it or not and itd have to be a signed message per address that the balance is held on.

so my guess is, its just more of a marketing play to have a potential buyer.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:07:31 PM

Because he can buy them for far less and simply resell them.  I don't see why this is so hard to see.  I would be happy to sell you something I could easily replace for 30% above its cost.  I don't think LBC requires you to prove you have the coins in advance.  As Bitcoins101 has pointed out, he may not have any bitcoins at all.
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:24:41 PM

Because he can buy them for far less and simply resell them.  I don't see why this is so hard to see.  I would be happy to sell you something I could easily replace for 30% above its cost.  I don't think LBC requires you to prove you have the coins in advance.  As Bitcoins101 has pointed out, he may not have any bitcoins at all.

I am sure he does not have the coins. If he indeed had that many coins to sell he will not be mentioning all of them and depress prices. Better would have been to sell in small amounts.

This is the equivalent of walls we see in exchanges.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 11:27:14 PM

Probably some rich saudi prince that bought at $1000 and is trying to recoup some loses.
That is an absolutely ridiculous amount of BTC to sell though.. and dumped on exchanges could spell a large price decrease.

He is asking far to much in USD per a coin though.. I know in Canada we are buying/selling around $290 at the moment and our dollar is weak.

What could 44,000 bitcoins do? If you did it right you'd never have to work again and you would have so much time for projects.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:59:21 PM

If this guy sells, we`d see another drop in bitcoins price.

Because thats pretty huge sum, and most I seen last 2 weeks ago was a 5,000 coin sell off that did a $50 price damage to the value.

But, thats if this guy was legit and if we knew he have coins or not. If the persons legit, he just tired of the up and down scenario imo.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:04:14 AM

If this guy sells, we`d see another drop in bitcoins price.

Because thats pretty huge sum, and most I seen last 2 weeks ago was a 5,000 coin sell off that did a $50 price damage to the value.

But, thats if this guy was legit and if we knew he have coins or not. If the persons legit, he just tired of the up and down scenario imo.

It's not an exchange. There wouldn't be any slippage in either direction. It wouldn't affect active markets one bit.

That's if he actually has them in hand.

If he's looking to pre sell them then he'd better be very friendly with a major holder (who wouldn't let go of that much for that price if they were in their right mind) or he will singlehandedly drive the price towards the stratosphere and subsidise the new owner to the tune of several million dollars  for the honour of selling at that price.
solstoce

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:23:20 AM

I remember during 2013 spring, some one from Dubai ordered tons of KNC jupiter, maybe this is the result of that operation  Grin

But wait, for a cash trades you can sell any amount, even 1 million bitcoins, so this does not say a lot

I like this guys idea more though lol
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:28:12 AM

Aren't those bitcoins about 44,000 be held in escrow in localbitcoins when someone starts the trade, is he having that many bitcoins in his account right now, and why would someone leave it in an exchange instead of keeping in cold storage if it were really there in his LBC account.

You're right, to open an ad they must be in his wallet at LBC otherwise the ad will not be visible to the buyers and he really must be having big trust in them to keep so many bitcoins in there. Also, LBC must be the only exchange which allows trading BTC for cash without filling up any KYC form because all I see on his profile page is that he has only verified his Phone & Email.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:41:35 AM

You're right, to open an ad they must be in his wallet at LBC otherwise the ad will not be visible to the buyers and he really must be having big trust in them to keep so many bitcoins in there. Also, LBC must be the only exchange which allows trading BTC for cash without filling up any KYC form because all I see on his profile page is that he has only verified his Phone & Email.

no he can show any amount without having the actual bitcoins as its a local cash trade / meetup  Only online trades use escrow

Minimum balance limitations
 You need to have at least the advertisement minimum sell limit and 0.4 BTC available in your LocalBitcoins.com wallet.

Your advertisement is not visible and available for the users if you do not have enough balance to fund the advertisement. Because bitcoins are reserved to the escrow protection when someone replies to your online sale trade advertisement, these bitcoins must be available online. This is a feature of online sale advertisements and does not concern online purchase advertisements or local cash trades.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:50:14 AM

Anyone think one of prince of UEA investing a lot on bitcoin mining before and boring after saw bitcoin prices keep falling. Cheesy
So he really trust localbitcoins then, 44k BTC is very high amount to trust it on exchange.
If this trade successful, localbitcoins will get more reputation as trusted exchange.
Yeah right, localbitcoins don't asking us about KYC, that's why many big amount of BTC seller using it for transaction.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: