Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In your opinion, which military rifle is the very best?
AK-47 - 30 (45.5%)
M-14 - 4 (6.1%)
M-16, M-4 or variant - 17 (25.8%)
SKS - 3 (4.5%)
FN-FAL - 0 (0%)
M-1 Garand (30-06) - 2 (3%)
HK G3 - 3 (4.5%)
Sg 550 - 1 (1.5%)
Galil - 1 (1.5%)
1886 Winchester - 1 (1.5%)
Mosin Nagant - 4 (6.1%)
AK-74 - 0 (0%)
M1918 BAR - 0 (0%)
HK G36 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the BEST military rifle?  (Read 13430 times)
bitcoinbear (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:34:39 PM

Evolve, why would you buy a AK-47 manufactured in America?

Wait, is this THE Atlas? You got unbanned?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:36:19 PM

Evolve, why would you buy a AK-47 manufactured in America?

Wait, is this THE Atlas? You got unbanned?
I had some support and I committed to the laws of this forum.

I also had to donate to the forum again.

Anyways, guns. WHY WOULD YOU BUY AN AMERICAN AK? WHY?
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:51:45 PM

Because Americans know how to build guns.

Serious answer: it was the right price at the right time.  Grin
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:55:52 PM

Serious answer: it was the right price at the right time.  Grin

That will do. Smiley

From what I've seen, foreign guns just have better clearances and thus better accuracy. Plus, they have been building AKs for a long time.

In Pakistan (inb4, omg are u a terrurist), they make them by hand and the workmanship is phenomenal if you can get your hands on one.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:15:15 PM

I go back and forth about ar's...the tight tolorences make for an accurate gun, but they can be a bit finicky (from what I can tell from other guys guns at the range) and prone to malfunction if they get a bit dirty.

The Ak is a fun toy...I cant keyhole shots at 300 yards, but I could dump that fucker in a mudpuddle or a sand pit and shoot without an issue.

I guess its all about what type of shooting you do... it all comes down to durability vs accuracy, really.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:29:42 PM

Among those choices, the M1-Garand is certainly the best singular military rifle, but for the price nothing beats the Mosin-Nagant.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:53:41 AM

Why is a mosin nagant so cheap? I've been looking in some online shops an they are usually about 130 dollars.
How come a rifle could be so cheap?
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:54:48 PM

Why is a mosin nagant so cheap? I've been looking in some online shops an they are usually about 130 dollars.
How come a rifle could be so cheap?

1: bolt action, so much simpler than most of the others on the list.
2: simple russian construction (this is why the AK and SKS are also so cheap, relatively)
3: the russians made millions of them (supply and demand, there is plenty of supply)

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:00:10 PM

Okay, Question, This is a poll for MILITARY rilfles right? So why are Non Military issued weapons on the list?
Who the hell loads up 2012 infantry with 1886 winchesters Etc!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
swissmate

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:01:56 PM

Okay, Question, This is a poll for MILITARY rilfles right? So why are Non Military issued weapons on the list?

It also doesn't say actual military rifles.

1886 Winchesters were once used in the army.
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:36:35 PM

It also doesn't say actual military rifles.

1886 Winchesters were once used in the army.

If it was used by a military at any point, it is acceptable for the poll. I did not specify current military rifles, so if there is an old rifle you think is better than current ones, that is valid for the poll. You will note some people are voting for the M1, I do not think anybody arms their army with it, but some people still think it is the best.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:54:57 PM

Touché
I guess that means that whoever made the first cartridge reload (magazine or not), Rifle'd barrel gun. Built the best gun of all history.....
C'mon really, Rifling was the pinnacle of firearms innovations

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:39:42 PM

Depends on many things.

-how easy/cheap it is to access spare parts and ammo for said rifle
-what country is making it.. is it your enemy lol
-where you plan on using it: water, desert, jungle ect.
-what temperatures you need it for: frozen Canadian or Afghani wasteland, or humid jungle
-what you'll be doing (patrolling cities and not wanting ricochets and bullets tearing through targets and hitting civillians) or will you be in the hills firing at long distance targets
-how easy is it to maintain
-do you teach your soldiers fire discipline (most NATO countries except US) or do you want to enforce semi auto only (US)
-will it be a club when the soldier is out of ammo, or need a bayonet

Canada, Denmark, NL and a lot of other countries use the c7, which is basically a US infantry copy except made by Colt Canada and is full auto. So I guess Colt makes the best military rifles, since almost everybody is using them must be easy access to parts and equip, but obviously only if you're an ally of the US. FFL uses FAMAS but is replacing it, not with Colts as the French don't want to support the US arms industry, as they have their own arms industry.

Here's the Pak border guy's making weapons out of scrap metal, too bad this area is wholly deserted now since the Pak taliban moved in and shut everything down: http://youtu.be/FinRqCocwGE
Monster-Ant

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:39:50 PM

Best military rifle?

Whichever one is in my hands when the shit hits the fan.

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:42:32 AM

Best military rifle?

When the shit hits the fan, which rifle would you most like to be holding? Which would you be most likely to be holding?

ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:45:50 AM

Best military rifle?

When the shit hits the fan, which rifle would you most like to be holding? Which would you be most likely to be holding?

If all I have is a wood Bokken when shit hits the fan, I'm better prepared than my neighbors. I'll figure things out from there....lmao

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:40:18 AM

Best military rifle?

I'm most likely to be holding a Marlin 22lr, and considering that I have in my possesion thousands of rounds for the thing (as compared to merely hundreds for my Mosin-Nagant), I think that it's a fine choice for two legged game in an urban combat zone.

I'm not the only one, either....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdr14xVetXM

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Monster-Ant

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:42:43 PM

Best military rifle?

M-4 Carbine or M-16A1.

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:07:29 PM

Best military rifle?

I'm most likely to be holding a Marlin 22lr, and considering that I have in my possesion thousands of rounds for the thing (as compared to merely hundreds for my Mosin-Nagant), I think that it's a fine choice for two legged game in an urban combat zone.

To be honest, I am now convinced to purchase a .22 handgun, Should i ever buy a handgun (i live in canada its kinda hard to legaly carry a handgun)
I just NEVER even Thought about it! I always had the "i dont want to fucking kill a guy who stole my wallet, I want to Stop him, So im gonna aim for the leg"
Well, Thats kinda hard... Swap to a less lethal bullet, And i should beable to hit the guy in the stomach or back without lethal consequences.

You just cannot justify "i only Shot at the burgler because i was defending my home!"
"You mean you killed a man who entered your house with the intent to steal"
"dude! He was robbing me! I didnt mean to kill him!"
"riighhttt... And im sure that john doe didnt mean to rob you"

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:24:11 PM

Best military rifle?

To be honest, I am now convinced to purchase a .22 handgun, Should i ever buy a handgun (i live in canada its kinda hard to legaly carry a handgun)
I just NEVER even Thought about it! I always had the "i dont want to fucking kill a guy who stole my wallet, I want to Stop him, So im gonna aim for the leg"
Well, Thats kinda hard... Swap to a less lethal bullet, And i should beable to hit the guy in the stomach or back without lethal consequences.

Even in a pro-gun US state, with "stand your ground" laws in effect, there are always legal consequences with any shooting, and if you shot your pickpocket in the back you're going to prison.  That's one of the classic examples that the state instructors teach is almost never a justifiable use of lethal force, and even a 22lr is lethal force.  The reason is that you can only respond to threat of force with force, and only for so long as that credible threat exists (or a jury of your peers can be convinced that a reasonable person would fear the threat under the same circumstances).  This is why Travon Martin is facing felony charges in Florida, because that ongoing threat is under question.  If you shoot the guy in the back, it all but implies that he was running away, thus no further threat exists.

You just cannot justify "i only Shot at the burgler because i was defending my home!"
"You mean you killed a man who entered your house with the intent to steal"
"dude! He was robbing me! I didnt mean to kill him!"
"riighhttt... And im sure that john doe didnt mean to rob you"

And that is why "castle doctrine" laws exist in the US.  If someone breaks into your home, or otherwise forces their way in, the law assumes that they were there with criminal intent.  Particularly after dark and if you don't know the guy.  If they were just drunk and mistook your house for theirs, that's a shame but breaking & entering is, itself, a crime; alcohol kills addicts eventually.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: