Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:18:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bruce have a deal for you...  (Read 1270 times)
repentance (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:48:19 AM

Wanna buy Bitcoins at USD 17.81 each?  He's your man.

http://buybitcoin.com/home/price/

But wait, there's more.

What are the best ways to buy Bitcoins?

Cash Bank Deposit  (Inside the USA only)
Fedex, UPS, DHL, or Postal Mail Cash  (Worldwide)
Credit Card, Debit Card, or Gift Card  (Worldwide)
PayPal or other Payment Service  (Worldwide)
Western Union or MoneyGram  (Worldwide)

But...

If you send a payment by any method that is not authorized by us — as explained clearly on this FAQ page — your payment will NOT be processed.

If you attempt to deposit anything other than green paper US currency as US dollars, or…
If you attempt to make any other sort of direct account transfer to any of our accounts, or…
If you mail any sort of payment, or…
If you use any other form of payment method or system that is not explicitly permitted on this page, or…
If you send less that our required minimum purchase amount, or more than our allowed maximum purchase amount,

Your payment will NOT be processed.    and…
You will NOT receive Bitcoins, nor any refund.

Our “receiving” the payment, whether it was made by mail, bank transfer, deposit, or any other method, is NOT an acknowledgment of any agreement to process your purchase order.

Currently, the only approved payment methods are listed here:

Cash Bank Deposit  (Inside the USA only)
Fedex, UPS, DHL, or Postal Mail Cash  (Worldwide)

See what he did there?  The list of "best payment methods" is significantly different to the list of payment methods he accepts - and he won't refund you if you send him payment by an "unapproved" method.

I just know that you'll want to check out his forum, too and learn about his other new business ventures.

http://brucewagner.com/forum/

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:54:33 AM

oh lordy lordy. he cannot be serious?

"green paper cash". lol.
repentance (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:57:26 AM

"green paper cash". lol.

Better yet, he identifies your deposits by the amount of cents in your deposit instead of by a user reference number or a transaction number.  Nothing could possibly go wrong with that idea.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 03:22:40 AM

"green paper cash". lol.

I can has bitcoin now?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 05:05:47 PM

"green paper cash". lol.

I'm just going to leave the following quote from said site here.

A Reputation you can Trust

The founder of BuyBitcoin.com, Bruce Wagner, is the most famous person in the Bitcoin world, and is considered to be an expert on Bitcoin, and the Bitcoin Economy.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:56:57 PM

Very funny never heard of the guy before but from a google search he seems bizarrely quite famous.

Also I thought your comments about not depositing correctly are unfair as he seems to have a sound procedure in place to handle such situations:

after a 6-month waiting period ( to verify that the transaction has not been reversed ), you will be permitted to contact us and file an application for us to review the transaction at that time.  We then MIGHT provide a refund, or Bitcoins, at our sole discretion.  This is not a guarantee, and this is not a promise.   To be very clear, we might NOT provide any refund at all, at our sole discretion.

Also amusing from google Bruces thoughts on rape!! http://buttcoin.org/the-fucked-up-people-of-bitcoin-and-bruce-wagners-predictable-thoughts-on-rape

In our modern culture — and more and more in recent years — women are intentionally dressing more and more provocatively… More and more sexy… To the point that today’s ‘norm’ in young women’s fashion… is MORE provocative (sexy, sleazy, etc.) than yesteryear’s ‘norm’ in street hooker “fashion”…

Who can deny this to be true?

If you put a mound of sugar out on your back patio in the summertime, you are going to attract ALL of the ants.

You can tell the world that it was not your intention to attract ants. Or you can tell the world that it was your intention only to attract CERTAIN ants, but not ALL the ants…

The world would then know that you are a fool.

Put out sugar, and you attract ALL ants. Simple.

To then claim that YOU have no responsibility for the ant situation on the patio… And that it is the ants, in fact, who are responsible… would further confirm your status as a fool. (by the way, when I refer to “you” here, I am not referring to you…. but to “one”, anyone, in general…)

Adult men DO have ultimate responsibility for their own behaviour, obviously. They are not ants.

However, most women have ABSOLUTELY NO CONCEPT of the POWER that sexual attraction has on a man. Women are not men. Men are driven by sex first, feelings second. Women are driven by feelings first, and sex second.

Dressing as sexually provocative as a streetwalker who’s late on the rent…. and parading around in front of men in public like this… Can be like smoking crack in front of a crackhead. Or at the very least, playing drinking games till everyone is in a drunken stupor… in front of a recovering alcoholic.

Sorry, I don’t drink in front of alcoholics in recovery. I DO claim some responsibility for being a thoughtful compassionate human being. I don’t GET MY JOLLIES TRYING TO TEMPT PEOPLE BEYOND THEIR HUMAN ABILITY TO WITHSTAND THAT TEMPTATION… Only to watch them cave…. And then to declare them weak… And criticize them and blame them and laugh at them…

I think MANY women get their jollies — cheap thrills — playing with the sex drives of healthy adult men. They play with them as if they are teasing the animals at the zoo with hints of food…

And then laughing at them… for the sake of entertainment.

And if they get raped…

They had no responsibility for it whatsoever.

Because politically correct society in 2006 gives them blanket immunity to blame.
gbl08ma

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 06:02:57 PM

Looks like the website owner didn't even take the time to switch from the default Wordpress theme...

I may as well start trading Bitcoin for a price of $30 USD/Bitcoin. Buy only, of course.

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 06:47:33 PM

wow he set up a whole forum just talking to himself  Shocked

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:53:47 PM

Fuck bruce. He is a pedophile con man, and this forum became a better place when we ran him off.

Why even bring him up? He hasn't been part of the forum for over a year, and almost everyone here (those that remember him anyways) hates him.
repentance (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:06:08 PM

Fuck bruce. He is a pedophile con man, and this forum became a better place when we ran him off.

Why even bring him up? He hasn't been part of the forum for over a year, and almost everyone here (those that remember him anyways) hates him.

Because he's still out there scamming people.  Newer people probably haven't even heard of him, so he gets to claim whatever he wants elsewhere until he's challenged.  He only got run off this forum because people elsewhere dug into his background and hit pay-dirt. Even if he's no longer promoting himself here, he's still a potential Bitcoin drama-bomb.

evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:17:42 PM

I suppose your right. Id like to see the whole Bruce drama buried, but (as I just saw in the newbie section) it looks like there are still people out there getting scammed.

However, I get the feeling that its you guys (SA) that keep bringing him back into the community's eyes because no one around here mentions him anymore.  I guess I always hope that he'll fade away into obscurity if we stop bringing him up.  

Realistically, though, if he is still out scamming people (and its not just you guys in the newbie threads making claims) he needs to be dealt with.

And yes, SA dug up all of the info, but it was us that ran him off.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:32:55 PM

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Don't just bury those scammers, tell their stories, let everyone (yeah, even newbies) know about them.

Bruce is probably not the most famous person in the Bitcoin world,
but more like the most famous scammer in the Bitcoin world, well, at least 'til pirate showed up.
Both wont just go away if we don't talk about them anymore, they'll just scam the hell outof everyone not knowing their story yet.

Why is this "Off-topic" anyway?
repentance (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 12:57:23 AM

Why is this "Off-topic" anyway?

I didn't want to spawn a thread another Pattaya thread.  This forum gets less traffic, so we can talk about whether we need to do anything to warn people about Bruce with a lot less background noise.  He's obviously aware that people will troll the shit out of his forum given the chance and is keeping a tight rein on registrations for that reason.

Part of me wants to believe that no-one's going to buy Bitcoins from him at $17~ so there's not really any need to do anything.  But Bruce is the king of self-promotion so we can't just assume that people won't fall for his bullshit and all the "conditions" he's placing on service users scream "scam".  At the very least, people should be aware that they're dealing with someone who has an outstanding judgement against them related to a previous scam.  It's not necessary to bring up the Pattaya stuff in order to make people aware of that.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 11:51:41 PM

"green paper cash". lol.

I can has bitcoin now?

I'z LOLzederz  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:06:39 AM

Wow funny comment at the bottom of the page...lol...

http://buybitcoin.com/home/contact/#comment-774

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:26:30 AM

I think MANY women get their jollies — cheap thrills — playing with the sex drives of healthy adult men. They play with them as if they are teasing the animals at the zoo with hints of food…

And then laughing at them… for the sake of entertainment.

And if they get raped…

They had no responsibility for it whatsoever.

Because politically correct society in 2006 gives them blanket immunity to blame.

"She was asking for it" is exactly how a rapist thinks.

He sounds like he's cultivating victims, not customers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: