Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lies Bagholders Tell Themselves.  (Read 10750 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:32:44 PM

Also, "the tech is better than every coin out there, so it will rise soon".  LOL

is it a currency or a mission to mars  Huh

Both requires technology/programming innovation

unless that innovation involves a simplification of bitcoin then all innovative new coins are a con or a fail (if devs are geniune). thing is here most use the innovation line purely to sell snake oil.

which brings me to the other big lie;

"its new code so its a coin 2.0"

being new code does not automatically make it better then bitcoin
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:49:06 PM

I need to defend this wall of resistance from the dumpers here.
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:57:21 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 08:58:06 PM by G2M

"I am continually and deeply moved at how honourable and gracious our community is. People are direct competitors, yet everyone backs everyone else. This is utterly surreal, seriously, it's beautiful."

"what took you so long we have been wait forever for this coin"

"Prob a piece of shit but I like the logo so Im in! Good luck guys!"

"This coin will going to higher than Crave. Just look at it: 2 hours on C-Cex. Tomorrow: Bittrex. Look at the dev skills on the first pages... This will be high."

"We KNOW this crypto game is retarded but as long as everyone is still participating I am fine with continuing to make money."

"has anyone at all checked the code for hidden premines/super blocks? If so and it's safe report so I can buy some."

"Mucho doge. doge moon. yep yep.. doge moon. much doge money profits much wolong doge woof woof,"

"well i hope someone in the future produces physical x coins because i am very interested in buying but  thanks for the tips."

"Also, you should see if you guys can get a set of sponsored forums on the GetHashing forums"

"I'm going to dual boot my PC with Linux when I have some time to do it.  Should make things a little easier..."

"the fud and trolling on the thread was so overwhelming that a break was needed to release what was looking to being closed to wrapped up 2 weeks ago."

"I'm sure it'll be awesome."

"Really good to see that some people are dedicated to x and donate an amount they could spare."

"Some more such cools apps along with good promotion will boost x"

"Please take x project more seriously since you have been paid out a lot from ICO, which is not your own money. "

"x's thin orderbooks mean that it is susceptible to market manipulation and large price swings on low volumes. If we can gradually increase value ahead of the major tech releases, that would be good."

"Tomorrow's headline: "IBM acquires xbridge technology; becomes Blocknet-enabled." "

" I also believe there is something much grander to be realized in the advent of so many new coins with master nodes. "

"x was a unique concept when it came out with lunar cycles as mining periods if I get that right?

"Potentially x is completely decentralized"

"Good. Bittrex is a manipulative exchange and I wouldn't trust them with peanuts. At least it will reduce risk exposure."

"For the record I do not promote any illegal activity, just discussion about it"

"Crypto is about let the people control the economy instead of banks and governments. And this will help poor in the long term. It will help everyone."

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:12:04 PM

Also, "the tech is better than every coin out there, so it will rise soon".  LOL

unless that innovation involves a simplification of bitcoin then all innovative new coins are a con or a fail (if devs are geniune). thing is here most use the innovation line purely to sell snake oil.

The work that goes into the creation of a new coin isn't easy (except from a fork of course) and requires some acedemic knowledge.
Here you can find an example of difficult math calculations and other stuff.

*edit: It took them more than a year to develop
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:12:52 PM

"Also, you should see if you guys can get a set of sponsored forums on the GetHashing forums"

I like that quote from me lol

Except that it's factually wrong to call that one because you would want to branch out among other forums rather than stick just to Bitcointalk and get drowned out by the noise, nice try though.

If you know you are bagholding and fine with it then there is nothing wrong with it but you must also assume that it may drop in price or be worth nothing at all.
G2M

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:18:30 PM

Except that it's factually wrong to call that one because you would want to branch out among other forums rather than stick just to Bitcointalk and get drowned out by the noise, nice try though.

lol, just picking the ones that I can relate to.

if I can remember thinking something along that line at some point and it was something that i lied to myself about, i put it here Cheesy

little greedy of me i guess, not trying to offend, just laugh and remember.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:24:35 PM

if I can remember thinking something along that line at some point and it was something that i lied to myself about, i put it here Cheesy

lol, I guess it hurts a bit when the shoe is on the other foot, I also used some direct quotes Tongue
G2M

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:33:56 PM

lol, I guess it hurts a bit when the shoe is on the other foot, I also used some direct quotes Tongue

that one wasn't so much quoted for the idea behind it, more that, when I said something similar, I said 'we should see if we", implying that anyone besides myself should make the effort.

samysamy1

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:27:02 PM

"WOW, the whitepaper seems to be one of the most in depth ones that i have read!
Alot of it is way above my head, but i get the general idea of what its conveying, ive got alot of reading to do!"
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:32:19 PM

- Its not so much insider trading as insider hodling

samysamy1

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:01:00 PM

"Can't wait. this looks real cool to mine. I have a bunch of scrypt miners so this will be a good use for them. "
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:33:28 PM

Here's an epic one.

Even more investors since I last checked, very exciting. I hope this coin can beat Nextcoin's initial investment of 21BTC. I also hope those wallet innovation pull through, those would make for a VERY exciting coin to trade. I couldn't imagine a wallet with build in real-time charts, integrated trading, and even more features for day traders.

Come to think of it, I think this coin should be marketed heavily as the 'Day-trader's coin".

Very excited for the coming days and launch of this coin.

The stackcoin website needs a more professional look before the launch though!

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:05:14 AM

After the dump you always hear the "Weak Hands" argument and how it's good they are gone.  But in reality it was "Smart Hands" selling before they got dumped on and ended up being bagholders.

Ya man, Pros are the first ones to get out. (You can always get back in).

My favorite is a "there are XXXX people in slack" = actual development...
What it means, at best, is that the project is sooooo far behind that the Devs have gone underground...
(See Storj and SuperNET and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:01:52 AM

The work that goes into the creation of a new coin isn't easy (except from a fork of course) and requires some acedemic knowledge.
Here you can find an example of difficult math calculations and other stuff.

*edit: It took them more than a year to develop

and how in any way shape or form does that automatically make it an improvement bitcoin (which claiming 2.0 tries to elude to) or even means anything of value was created  Huh

seriously just doing work doesn't mean you created something of value, or even something that should be rewarded.

you could go out into your backyard and dig holes and fill them up, do a hell of alot of hard work but nothing really achieved or deserving of reward.

in software literally billions of dollars of man hours have been wasted on vaporware.

so i stand by my statement that;

is a big lie bagholders tell themselves (and everyone else).
G2M

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:19:06 PM

"at least my losses are going to a good cause"

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:39:44 PM

Its like statements like "good things come to those who wait"  or "he who waits, loses" ?

My point being, I don't understand exactly what bagholding is meant to be.

bagholding or dollar cost average accumulation?

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:05:34 PM

Here's a goldmine https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731471.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sdmathis (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:13:07 PM

Its like statements like "good things come to those who wait"  or "he who waits, loses" ?

My point being, I don't understand exactly what bagholding is meant to be.

bagholding or dollar cost average accumulation?

If you are holding a large number of a "good" coin, one that has some value, you're not a bagholder. If you hold a number of useless or worthless coins (or a coin that's headed in that direction and has almost reached it's destination), you're left holding the bag. On the other hand, if you simply bought high (e.g., Vericoin @ 55K or Blackcoin @ 100K), technically you're not a bagholder. You're just screwed. In crypto, however, you're still considered a bagholder by most.

If you're dollar-cost-averaging a worthless coin, you're still a bagholder and "I'm dollar-cost-averaging" becomes a lie that bagholders tell themselves.

G2M

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:21:20 PM

"Happy Birthday x. You have come a long way in Crypto in a year."

"There is much going on behind the scenes guys, make sure you are all prepared."

"Profit???They must be stupid if they taken profit at this level.No isn't profit .Some peeps give up and dumping.Well..I will buy from them"

"The ShadowMarket will appeal to much more than traditional "darkmarket" users..."

"Libertarians, AnCaps & Agorists would LOVE the opportunity to be able to buy & sell goods on a completely secure, decentralized, anonymous, TAX-FREE market."

"This is the Holy Grail of Agorism."

"I agree with you 100%. While I could personally care less about the drug markets or anything of that sort."

"People should have the choice to buy whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else."

"A cryptocurrency and a payments system are as different as a herd of cows and a livestock vehicle."

"there's a huge amount of cryptocurrency-related subjects to write about"

"cryptsy listing is imminent! "

"I think the only language spoken is a reasonably silent one, defined more by actions than words, which include increasing the size of the right colored bag."

"They said in around "2 weeks" x will be launched. So probably in something between 1-2 months?"

"The only way to avoid that dilemma is to close your mind to new ideas and only notice them for the 1st time when they're part of everyday life"

"I'm proposing that we start a new support thread"

"Obviously we're not going to do this without the consensus of the community"

"I think maidsafe will hit testnet 3 within two weeks."

"I think we're falling into the trap of being so busy that we have a clear view in our minds but not doing enough to tell people about it. "

"Franchising is one of the biggest business drivers in the USA."

"As of now I'm back on the job and will be presenting some fun and interesting plans for x growth and development along with some investment opportunities that will guarantee a return of 30% or more"

"We are programming the dragon.   The Phoenix."

Tongue

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:19:41 AM

Here's another thread that could become a goldmine https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1063390.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████