Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:20:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lies Bagholders Tell Themselves.  (Read 10750 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:23:05 AM

Hey!

I have some significant volume of XDNs. Why? Because I am fascinated by the technology employed in XDN and saw much less sophisticated coins like Dogecoin and more recently Neucoin make millions with outstanding marketing. I am confident that market capitalization of such technologically superior coin should be worth over $100 000 000.

So what can we – the key holders of XDN – do to help XDN reach its true potential? We can help XDN’s market cap to grow with sophisticated and effective marketing. I am a marketer myself that spent most of my professional life working in marketing communications and PR. Last six months I spent studying Dogecoin and Neucoin marketing campaigns to learn from successful projects while developing my own plan of XDN promotion.

I have a plan of making XDN the next Bitcoin. My friends and I worked on it for the past few months and now it’s ready.

My proposal to all the XDN owners community – join me in making XDN the next Bitcoin. Together we can make it worth hundreds of times more.

Link to post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066676.msg11431100#msg11431100

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:57:28 AM

Here's another thread that could become a goldmine https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1063390.0

I know you like to think no coin can ever replace Bitcoin and that is why you are constantly posting threads to find the next P&D to increase your Bitcoin holdings, but that's the same myth of inevitability that Hillary supporters touted before Obama took Iowa in the primary. So laugh at my thread and feel secure in what inevitably will come from media hype and a stronger initial monetary support, because there's no way a better candidate for e-cash will come in with better anonymity and scalability....that can never happen.  Cool

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 11:18:15 AM

A few years from now the "bagholders" as the OP has described them might be having the last laugh.

Bitcoin won't remain king forever and there's room in the world for dozens if not hundreds of successful alternatives to the original.

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:03:24 PM

He MicroGuy is your coin still working for you, or have you started working for your coin.

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
sdmathis (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:17:17 PM

A few years from now the "bagholders" as the OP has described them might be having the last laugh.

Bitcoin won't remain king forever and there's room in the world for dozens if not hundreds of successful alternatives to the original.

You're right. Bitcoin will one day be dethroned, but most of the altcoins out there have no chance of being the one to do it. There are a few good ones out there though

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:41:25 PM

It's not even about 'Bitcoin being king' or 'so and so coin will replace BTC'.  It's about the funny things and lies bagholders tell themselves when holding a losing investment.  It's not only in crypto, there are a lot of the same people bagholding junk penny stocks as well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rising Sun

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:49:35 PM

Never spend what you can't walk away from. If you buy big bags be sure you can keep them or dump them no matter the loss or you will own them forever.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:59:25 PM

My absolute favorite line is "you haven't lost until you've sold"

good one for sure but it is sort of true though LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:22:58 PM

My absolute favorite line is "you haven't lost until you've sold"

good one for sure but it is sort of true though LOL

Not really. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. Selling does lock the loss in, but it also frees up your money so you have a chance to make another investment and make your money back (or lose some more).

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:05:23 PM

I have been shrewd and the key word is patient when others have panic sold so yeah I am right and I know it.
And I have the profit to prove it while others were crying they got burned so yes when you sell is paramount / tantamount ?
Most get high early and then dwindle away to shit all etc so if you sold early most times you'd be ok.
So generally speaking *most of the time I'd say yeah on that "quote"
Key issue is many guys hold super long term thinking Doge coin is going to be $10 a coin one day or something
so if you had sold earlier you'd be ahead of course right ? see what I am saying ?

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:29:27 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 09:53:11 PM by Crestington

I have been shrewd and the key word is patient when others have panic sold so yeah I am right and I know it.
And I have the profit to prove it while others were crying they got burned so yes when you sell is paramount / tantamount ?
Most get high early and then dwindle away to shit all etc so if you sold early most times you'd be ok.
So generally speaking *most of the time I'd say yeah on that "quote"
Key issue is many guys hold super long term thinking Doge coin is going to be $10 a coin one day or something
so if you had sold earlier you'd be ahead of course right ? see what I am saying ?

Smart trading practices only come with time, you would make more by waiting for proper buy and sell signals. Taking DogeCoin for instance there has been some big bottoms and some nice tops so by being patient and finding those points you would end up making money.

In general "you haven't lost until you've sold" is the excuse people use when they are down a lot with no hope in seeing any ROI and don't want other people to panic sell and make their own investment worth even less. They hold and hold and hold until it's worth nothing because they are focused on where they price was when they originally bought it, it clouds judgment and they miss those trading opportunities of panic selling/buying.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:55:52 PM

My biggest gripe in general is when Coins have been around for a while and people refer to a Coin in a way that one person owns the Coin. While this may be somewhat true if one or a couple people hold a large amount of Coins but for more established Coins it has the effect that people are waiting for everyone else to do the work for them. This is absolute shit because anyone can take over a Coin and literally change anything about it, if you are holding onto a Coin and want to see it go up in value then you should be doing what you can to help make that happen AND learn everything you can about sourcecode and coding. Please stop whining and complaining about the bags you are holding and get off your ass and do something about it, you have the power to do it but aren't because you are too lazy and wasting your time blaming others for your own mistakes, waiting as the world passes you by for that magical day when someone comes along and makes you rich. If you have the mentality that you are going to buy some Coin and hold onto it for the day when you can buy an island, that day will never come because you are the type in which will never create your own destiny and by that method will always pick losers.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:44:26 PM

Cres, does that mean Dogecoin has a good chance of being up there with BTC?  Grin

Also a little advice to the bagholders...

If your trading strategy is "investing" aka buy and hold.  Stop.  Throw Buffet style investment strategies out the window because crypto has no fundamentals.  Only potential.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:06:07 PM

Cres, does that mean Dogecoin has a good chance of being up there with BTC?  Grin

If your trading strategy is "investing" aka buy and hold.  Stop.  Throw Buffet style investment strategies out the window because crypto has no fundamentals.  Only potential.

if we're being honest the dynamics behind crypto trading is simply the greater fool theory;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:47:32 PM

Yeah true.  But look at Bitcoin now.  Potential...  Go figure.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:11:04 AM

Cres, does that mean Dogecoin has a good chance of being up there with BTC?  Grin

If your trading strategy is "investing" aka buy and hold.  Stop.  Throw Buffet style investment strategies out the window because crypto has no fundamentals.  Only potential.

If a few people were to be able to design a better inflation model then "yes" but currently the only difference is the Block times and running on Scrypt which Bitcoin could also adapt so unless it was radically different and provided something better then I will say that it won't be bigger than BTC because BTC is more established and is always chosen first before Doge.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:56:32 PM

Zetacoin Express

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:21:53 PM

My favorite one, fits into this template:

Sell me all your <CoinName>, go to <ExchangeName> now! 0.0000<KSatoshi>
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 07:26:00 PM

Cres, does that mean Dogecoin has a good chance of being up there with BTC?  Grin

If your trading strategy is "investing" aka buy and hold.  Stop.  Throw Buffet style investment strategies out the window because crypto has no fundamentals.  Only potential.

If a few people were to be able to design a better inflation model then "yes" but currently the only difference is the Block times and running on Scrypt which Bitcoin could also adapt so unless it was radically different and provided something better then I will say that it won't be bigger than BTC because BTC is more established and is always chosen first before Doge.

time is running out (for crypto coins including BTC itself)

big names are looming and a sign of this was when I was in my bank the other day and I seen one of them big displays while standing in line..
it said some crap about sending money instantly to anyone instantly with their cell phone app.
get it ?
see what's coming yet guys ?
this crypto stuff is going to get steam rolled and the Facebook's, Google's, Microsoft's and big banks etc have the resources to pull it off.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 09:00:43 PM

time is running out (for crypto coins including BTC itself)

big names are looming and a sign of this was when I was in my bank the other day and I seen one of them big displays while standing in line..
it said some crap about sending money instantly to anyone instantly with their cell phone app.
get it ?
see what's coming yet guys ?
this crypto stuff is going to get steam rolled and the Facebook's, Google's, Microsoft's and big banks etc have the resources to pull it off.

I would think they would want/need the Bitcointalk community in order to do that, otherwise are they just not creating another centralized Ripple/PayPal?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: