Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:56:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the community currently need a depositing expenditure that can offer 3+%?  (Read 1023 times)
MegaJames (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 03:55:53 AM

Hello to all.

I am a long time lurker on the forum, I have been around since February and have witnessed the fall of pirate. I have seen many depositing services rise and fall during my experience with Bitcoin, and do not know if the community would accept a depositing program that could potentially offer 3+% weekly. I comprehend that trust is a big thing here, especially after the recent events in the community, and would like to know how I can begin such a service? if it is desired/required/helpful to the community? and what I can do to help build trust?

Please let me know.

Your dear noobie,
James Carlson

Edit: I have been running this program on a smaller scale for friends/family for about 8 months now.
DeviledMoon

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:02:20 AM

Personally, You haven't provided proof of doing a investment with your friends or family, you have no trust in the community, plus with the pirate incident that just happened, you aren't going to get any takers because of that.

You need to do more to provide the evidence that you are not going to try to get into doing a ponzi.

MegaJames (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:04:45 AM

Personally, You haven't provided proof of doing a investment with your friends or family, you have no trust in the community, plus with the pirate incident that just happened, you aren't going to get any takers because of that.

You need to do more to provide the evidence that you are not going to try to get into doing a ponzi.

What kind of proof would the community like to see? I'd be willing to provide some information about myself as well as a bit into my business plan, though I would not want to reveal the entire plan, because it can be easily replicated.
DeviledMoon

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:08:18 AM

What kind of proof would the community like to see? I'd be willing to provide some information about myself as well as a bit into my business plan, though I would not want to reveal the entire plan, because it can be easily replicated.

Send me over a PM, with your plan and some information about yourself, How could I benefit from investing in you. I'm always looking for some fun opportunities.

Plus, Introduce yourself further to the community, post more, show the community you are straight to business, gain some WOT and rep.
MegaJames (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:48:00 AM

Send me over a PM, with your plan and some information about yourself, How could I benefit from investing in you. I'm always looking for some fun opportunities.

Plus, Introduce yourself further to the community, post more, show the community you are straight to business, gain some WOT and rep.

PM'd.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:59:02 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2012, 05:03:59 PM by JoelKatz

I'd be willing to provide some information about myself as well as a bit into my business plan, though I would not want to reveal the entire plan, because it can be easily replicated.
I wouldn't invest with anyone who claims some secret magic money making formula. History has revealed that all such magic formulas are scams. A way to provide a low-risk 3,650% APR would be among the biggest financial breakthroughs of all time. It's hard to imagine you've actually got it.

But on the off chance you are an honest person, please provide sufficient information so that your potential investors can rationally evaluate the risks they are exposed to. Explain to them how they will be able to assure themselves that any claimed profits are in fact profits from legitimate investments. Also, explain how they will be able to tell if any claimed losses were in fact legitimately incurred.

If you can't provide this, please invest only your own money. You can take out a loan if necessary. Making 365% APR, you should be able to payback any loan pretty quickly and should have no further need of anyone else's money.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4658

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:51:50 AM

. . .a depositing program that could potentially offer 3+% weekly. . .
So you are saying that if someone deposits 10,000 with you, that year later they can withdraw 45,154.23 for a legal risk free profit of 35,154?

Sorry, I just don't buy it.  There are far greater financial minds than yours, and if this was possible it would already be well known.
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:31:59 AM

I think you will have a hard time getting depositors in the current climate. The lending market is in a major downturn. At the very least you would need to have a few posts under your belt (100+), and some successful transactions. Even then, you will not get many depositors unless you can provide evidence of a business model. If you choose not to provide business model info you will in all likelihood be written off as an imitation pirate.
fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 11:40:05 AM

I think you will have a hard time getting depositors in the current climate. The lending market is in a major downturn. At the very least you would need to have a few posts under your belt (100+), and some successful transactions. Even then, you will not get many depositors unless you can provide evidence of a business model. If you choose not to provide business model info you will in all likelihood be written off as an imitation pirate.

Just look at obsi and rustyryan, everyone can create their very own ponzi scheme.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 11:53:18 AM

In lieu of not being able to see your business plan upfront, send me 50 bitcoins as security before I invest anything. If I like what I see, then I'll invest 50 bitcoins with you and you can pay me the interest.

If you'd like to forego the security deposit, just tell me what your plan is.
MegaJames (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:03:52 PM

So as a whole do you guys think that the community would see a rather low APR depositing program with greater gains for me, or one with a higher payout for the community? Obviously I would need to set a cap as I begin the program, but as time goes on and things move forward as I pictured them to, I will be able to slowly increase the cap.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 02:11:30 PM

Does the community currently need a depositing expenditure that can offer 3+%? No

"need" is an interesting word, the Bitcoin community doesn't need this at all Smiley

Some members of the community want one though. - just look at the history......warnings about unsustainable returns etc etc don't seem to matter to some, they will throw their Bitcoins into anything that might return higher than expected Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:38:21 PM

Lets cut to the chase.

What you are really asking is, if can you steal a huge amount of money offering 3% per week returns and running a painfully obvious ponzi. One so ridiculously obvious it would have no hope of working anywhere else.  Right?

The sad reality is you probably can.  Despite the "Pirate incident" there are people right this very second invested in painfully obvious ponzi's and when they collapse the suckers will say "there was no way to know".

So yes this community has a huge number of suckers for you to take advantage of.  Just make a slick website, a cool logo, don't reveal any details, and later find some of the veterans with low ethical standards to operate MJPT (MegaJames Pass Throughs) for you.   My guess is you can defraud suckers for at least a cool million.

Sorry for cutting through the charade but I figured I would save you some time with an executive summary.
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 03:39:57 PM

BULL SHIT

Spend the time and effort to make a legitimate business and the people will come. Just because someone can replicate a fkin exchange doesn't mean everybody's doing it. Take your ponzi elsewhere.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:00:25 PM

would like to know how I can begin such a service? if it is desired/required/helpful to the community? and what I can do to help build trust?

4 step program to successful bitcoin ponzi:
1) promise even more outrageous interest rates. 
2) Launch security on GLBSE.
3) Give patrick harnett fake numbers so he will provide you with AAA rating
4) For maximum profit offer some VIPs a piece of the cake and let them legitimize your scheme.

Chances of success: 100%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: