Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:14:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to access my late husbands wallet  (Read 767 times)
franv10 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:58:16 AM

My husband passed away last June and I'm unable to log into his wallet.  I have not come across the seed nor the password for the wallet.  Is there a way that I can get in touch with Electrum to access his wallet and reset info?  Any information would be helpful.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 03:59:25 AM

My husband passed away last June and I'm unable to log into his wallet.  I have not come across the seed nor the password for the wallet.  Is there a way that I can get in touch with Electrum to access his wallet and reset info?  Any information would be helpful.

https://electrum.org/#community

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1569

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:42:42 PM

My husband passed away last June and I'm unable to log into his wallet.  I have not come across the seed nor the password for the wallet.  Is there a way that I can get in touch with Electrum to access his wallet and reset info?  Any information would be helpful.

Electrum is software installed on a computer. It is not an organization with information about your husband's or any one else's wallets. If you have neither the seed nor the password there isn't much that we can do. Even the wallet recovery people need some idea of what the password is before they can attempt a bruteforce of the wallet encryption.

You should search for the seed. He may have written it down somewhere. It consists of 12-13 random English words.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:42:33 AM

Electrum is software installed on a computer. It is not an organization with information about your husband's or any one else's wallets. If you have neither the seed nor the password there isn't much that we can do. Even the wallet recovery people need some idea of what the password is before they can attempt a bruteforce of the wallet encryption.

You should search for the seed. He may have written it down somewhere. It consists of 12-13 random English words.

This is true. However, if he passed away in June last year then the seed should be 12 words long since the 13 word seed wasn't implemented until version 2.0 which was released in February of this year.

An example seed might look like this:

Code:
constant forest adore false green weave stop guy fur freeze giggle clock

If you cannot find the seed then the only other option would be to attempt to attempt to figure out the password (assuming that you still have access to the encrypted wallet). This won't be easy but in most cases, it should still be significantly easier than attempting to brute force the seed itself. If you know any of his other passwords (e.g. for email accounts, forum accounts, etc.) then you should definitely try them first.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: