Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:44:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Mining with 2500$ Budget.  (Read 3950 times)
Badr (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:18:44 AM

Hello ..
I'm new to Bitcoin mining and i'd like to be advised about what's the perfect start with Bitcoin mining .

- I'm thinking of buying 2 Devices of AntMiner s4 2TH/s with cost of 2000 USD.
please advise is't a good miners or there're a better miners to start with.

- Where i live i don't pay much for Electricity, so i don't really care too much about the Power and Electricity cost.
please tell if there's a cheaper miners than S4 even if it costs more Electricity.

- I have a Good place with very strong air conditioner and i can insulation the sound as well.
please advice if there's a good miners for cheap prices even if it makes much noise.

I'm going with 2500$ Budget to spend on the Miners and shipping fees to Egypt, so i'm thinking of if it works with Good profits such as 150$ per month for the 2TH/s miners i'll start hosting miners on my place and selling contracts.

Actually i'm in need of your Experience and advises in order to start my farm.

Roll Eyes     Thanks in advance,
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:42:57 AM

Hello ..
I'm new to Bitcoin mining and i'd like to be advised about what's the perfect start with Bitcoin mining .

- I'm thinking of buying 2 Devices of AntMiner s4 2TH/s with cost of 2000 USD.
please advise is't a good miners or there're a better miners to start with.

- Where i live i don't pay much for Electricity, so i don't really care too much about the Power and Electricity cost.
please tell if there's a cheaper miners than S4 even if it costs more Electricity.

- I have a Good place with very strong air conditioner and i can insulation the sound as well.
please advice if there's a good miners for cheap prices even if it makes much noise.

I'm going with 2500$ Budget to spend on the Miners and shipping fees to Egypt, so i'm thinking of if it works with Good profits such as 150$ per month for the 2TH/s miners i'll start hosting miners on my place and selling contracts.

Actually i'm in need of your Experience and advises in order to start my farm.

Roll Eyes     Thanks in advance,

What is your electricity price?  And do you have a vat/import tax if so how much/

2 S4's for 2k seems high.  Unless your talking about 2 s4+'s then it's more in line.    But you will need 220/240 especially if going to have 2 hooked on same circuit.
bigtransaction

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:55:20 AM

What about a starting budget of $1000?   $2500 is a little to much for me right now.   

I want to mine with it.  I know it hard.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:58:41 AM

Electricity price = 0.07-0.09$ per KW.
We don't have vat/import tax.
2000$ for 2 S4+ Miners.

it's my mistake to type s4 insted of s4+
Hash Rate: 2570GH ±5% so 2570 * 2 = 5140 GH ±5.

based on my calculation if i'm right 5140 GH would earn me 400$ per month.

please advice.
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:15:05 AM

With $0.09/Kwh having 2 S4+ miners would earn about $200/month with electricity costs included.

And don't forget about difficulty increases Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:27:11 AM

Electricity price = 0.07-0.09$ per KW.
We don't have vat/import tax.
2000$ for 2 S4+ Miners.

it's my mistake to type s4 insted of s4+
Hash Rate: 2570GH ±5% so 2570 * 2 = 5140 GH ±5.

based on my calculation if i'm right 5140 GH would earn me 400$ per month.

please advice.

Your electricity is ok.  Its good no vat/tax as it can kill any chance of roi.

You would stand a chance.  As Erik mentioned difficulty will effect it.  I suggest doing some ROI math I personally like - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Were talking 171 days to get money back if you have no difficulty change, and don't have electricity.  With electricity and zero difficulty change you will take around 323 days to get money back.

So take that as broad anwser.  Difficulty will change it alot.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:30:00 AM

With $0.09/Kwh having 2 S4+ miners would earn about $200/month with electricity costs included.

i have people who can produce energy directly, it will save about 100$ according your calculations as i'm paying 50% of the official government price.

so the point is ..
dose it worth to start mining Bitcoin ?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:41:57 AM

i have people who can produce energy directly, it will save about 100$ according your calculations as i'm paying 50% of the official government price.

so the point is ..
dose it worth to start mining Bitcoin ?

The point is you need to decide that Smiley.   I provided a calculator that is a great tool.  Plug in some numbers and see if with new electricity price what it is.  Nobody can tell you what your your ROI in day's should be, it really is a personal decisions.  It no longer is 90 day ROI.

Cutting electricity in half would put you between the two day's i mentioned as a general reference if there was zero difficulty increase (which will not happen).

I currently am mining in summer,  I can tell you it's a harder game then winter mining.  But compared to GPU summer mining, asics make it a lot easier then it was.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:42:05 AM

Quote from: notlist3d

You would stand a chance.  As Erik mentioned difficulty will effect it.  I suggest doing some ROI math I personally like - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Were talking 171 days to get money back if you have no difficulty change, and don't have electricity.  With electricity and zero difficulty change you will take around 323 days to get money back.

Actually i don't understand the Difficulty very much but i'm using this calculator : https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

which says that if i used 2x S4+ Miners ( 5140 GH ) with Exchange Rate of 243.68$ would make about $402.42 per month without the electricity cost.

please explain how will the Difficulty effect my earnings and if it increase, how much would the 2 S4+ miners make make month.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:46:25 AM

Quote from: notlist3d

Actually i don't understand the Difficulty very much but i'm using this calculator : https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

which says that if i used 2x S4+ Miners ( 5140 GH ) with Exchange Rate of 243.68$ would make about $402.42 per month without the electricity cost.

please explain how will the Difficulty effect my earnings and if it increase, how much would the 2 S4+ miners make make month.

I reworded my anwser a little bit I did not like how it came out at first.   Price of BTC changes it aswell I was using current which is around 240 (I hope it goes up but it's not possible to predict price a few months or year out). 

Difficulty will directly effect your mining.  If difficulty goes up 2 percent that means you would make 98 percent of what you made during previous dificullty it stacks.  With time it goes up, no one knows what rate will be for sure.  They call it "speculation" on guessing difficulty.

Look here for a reference on difficulty - https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty .  It makes a guess at next change, but most importantly scroll to bottom it shows previous changes.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:50:55 AM

OK, now i understand it as well, so the difficulty depended on luck now if it increase i make a lower money.

I'd like to ask if there's a cheaper miners than S4+ which is almost 1000$, and what's the best miners to start with.?
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:56:23 AM

OK, now i understand it as well, so the difficulty depended on luck now if it increase i make a lower money.

I'd like to ask if there's a cheaper miners than S4+ which is almost 1000$, and what's the best miners to start with.?

Difficulty is not based on luck but the amount of people who are mining. (Total amount of Hashrate or Ghash for example)

More people mining = Less bitcoins per "Miner" = Less profit per miner (if Bitcoin value remains the same)
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:01:44 AM

Another Question please..

- should i have a High Speed internet ?
or just 1MB/S will be OK to start working ?
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:50:24 AM

what's the best thing to do ..?

Start with 2x S4+ ( 2TH ) with cost of 2000$ or 4x Spondoolies-Tech SP10 Dawson ( 1.4 TH ) with cost of 2000$ ?
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 07:54:08 AM

Honestly as someone who has owned miners in the past I'd advise you against it.
They are loud, they produce heat which must be vented and they vibrate and flash like crazy.
Not to mention you'll have to consider cost of keeping them cool and electricity and whatnot.

What type of graphics card do you have? If you have an Nvidia based card maybe try out mining Credits.
Atleast this way you aren't wasting a bunch of money on expensive ASIC gear but still get to mine something.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:58:45 AM

They are loud, they produce heat which must be vented and they vibrate and flash like crazy.
Not to mention you'll have to consider cost of keeping them cool and electricity and whatnot.

What type of graphics card do you have? If you have an Nvidia based card maybe try out mining Credits.
Atleast this way you aren't wasting a bunch of money on expensive ASIC gear but still get to mine something.

Actually i'm looking forward to test it as well,
if it pays good as 400$ monthly, i'll go with it for a while then start grouping friends to build a good Mining Farm.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:42:07 AM

Actually i'm looking forward to test it as well,
if it pays good as 400$ monthly, i'll go with it for a while then start grouping friends to build a good Mining Farm.

Personally I love mining.  It's a fun hobby. 

But as far as building a "mining farm" you will be far away from it unless you have a good amount set aside.  Once you feel the heat, noise, etc. And most of all massive amount of electricity.    You can sure build a mini farm, but you will never reach it like big corporations unless you just had a fortune to spend.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:05:31 AM

I'm Just thinking of Getting the best Miners to get start with 2500 USD Budget,

so once it work as well and i see money coming from it as well, i can market the idea of investing money with us in Bitcoin mining.
i can tell that business people are suffering alot in Egypt since the revolution, we don't have a really stable business here away for the military or government business so the idea is just confirming the income and see how stable is't so i start marketing the idea beside i can provide a cool place to host miners in it [ below 30*] for people how'd like to send us them miners to host and manage it as well so i can provide a cool hosting place and stable internet connection with 24/7 support.

please advice which is the best Miners to start with ?
2x S4+ ( 2TH ) with cost of 2000$
or
4x Spondoolies-Tech SP10 Dawson ( 1.4 TH ) with cost of 2000$
Medow

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:38:18 AM

I'm Just thinking of Getting the best Miners to get start with 2500 USD Budget,

so once it work as well and i see money coming from it as well, i can market the idea of investing money with us in Bitcoin mining.
i can tell that business people are suffering alot in Egypt since the revolution, we don't have a really stable business here away for the military or government business so the idea is just confirming the income and see how stable is't so i start marketing the idea beside i can provide a cool place to host miners in it [ below 30*] for people how'd like to send us them miners to host and manage it as well so i can provide a cool hosting place and stable internet connection with 24/7 support.

please advice which is the best Miners to start with ?
2x S4+ ( 2TH ) with cost of 2000$
or
4x Spondoolies-Tech SP10 Dawson ( 1.4 TH ) with cost of 2000$

It is all about power price and import fees.

As i know you have to pay import fees to eqyptian custom.

You can buy used S3+ which a more high power per gh more than s4+. You will find it used 80-100 USD.

Also you need PSU to run them.

Give us the exact price you pay for power and how much power you can have . You may have access to cheap power , but is this power limited to certain amount or not ?
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:12:16 AM

- As i know you have to pay import fees to eqyptian custom.
YES, i pay 10% as customs fees.

-Give us the exact price you pay for power and how much power you can have
Exact power cost is 0.07$ per KW Limited to 650 KW and 0.09$ per KW for more than 650 KW usage.

i already searched S3+ Miners and found it around 100$,
so according the budget it allows me to buy 20 S3+ ( 450GH x 20 = 9000 GH )    [ that's awesome ]
but let me ask you do i need 20 PSU to run it and how much each PSU ?

S3+ Miner is 13 pounds and costs 100$ as used one.
so it costs me 10$ as customs fees and 83$ to ship it here to EGYPT.. Sad

any advices ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: