Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think the BitShares are?  (Read 1193 times)
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:22:41 AM

How many "lessons" is it going to take until all your users become broke from your misconstrued "theories"?

As many as needed to bring users innovative and stable product.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:50:04 AM

How many "lessons" is it going to take until all your users become broke from your misconstrued "theories"?

I don't think most people who purchase "bitAssets" think "Safer than a Swiss Bank Account" means "Bankroll my 'theories' until I come up with a 'stable product'".  In my opinion, this seems like a long con perpetrated on individuals who don't understand that you can never have parity without full convertibility.  The only way you can have "full convertibility" is by having every single "bitAsset" backed 100% by the corresponding physical asset.  No amount of "on/off ramps" will provide this.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
testz
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:04:25 AM

I don't think most people who purchase "bitAssets" think "Safer than a Swiss Bank Account" means "Bankroll my 'theories' until I come up with a 'stable product'".  In my opinion, this seems like a long con perpetrated on individuals who don't understand that you can never have parity without full convertibility.  The only way you can have "full convertibility" is by having every single "bitAsset" backed 100% by the corresponding physical asset.  No amount of "on/off ramps" will provide this.

Don't worry - time will show.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:16:32 AM

I am worried that people who don't fully understand what is going on have lost money and are going to continue to lose more money on Stan's, Dan's and the Bitshares gang's "theories".

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
testz
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:29:33 AM

I am worried that people who don't fully understand what is going on have lost money and are going to continue to lose more money on Stan's, Dan's and the Bitshares gang's "theories".

Peoples which fully understand already lost a lot of money with much simpler technology called Bitcoin.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:01:40 AM

Anything to add about the market failure of these illiquid assets you claim you can move between? Seems 1 bitUSD is still $1.18, from the data published in the link above.

At the moment is is going for $1.11 because of the bear market.   We have recognized the problems with the current system and have a major update that will fix the liquidity issue. 

I would say that right now BitUSD is extremely liquid at $1.00. it is just expensive to buy because it can only be created by people looking to short and no one wants to short in a bear market. 

If I had $55K BitUSD I could sell them all at $1.00 right now which is 33% of the BitUSD supply.   

So the plan is to continue to exploit people's natural bias i.e. despite historic evidence to the contrary it is the next diet that will work or the next gym membership subscription that means you go 4 times a week?

After POW>POS>TaPOS>DPOS and roll in AGS, PTS, VOTE et al flavours and 'the merger' + adding inflation, it is the next version of BTS that will work. Fair enough..
Chew Kok

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:36:25 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 11:51:02 AM by Chew Kok

Full convertibility? Like the comex? The physical silver market for instance has been absolutely destroyed by derivatives. The ratio of paper versus physical in some months are over 500 to 1. Hell, it would only require $1 billion to claim the entire registered category and only $2.8 billion to wipe out all inventory. bitAssets would be better served if they if they dropped the derivative charade, and have a market that was pegged to the actual physical demand/supply. Price discovery would be back in the hands of the traders, rather than algos trading back and forth distorting the price. bitAssets is a side-bet of another bet manipulated by unicorns. With a lot less liquidity, so why bother? MF Global comes to mind. If BTS can provide transparency... then that would at least be a start in the right direction. But DE doesn't really care about ANY OF THIS, he just wants you to dump BTS and buy his bags of NXT, like his shill buddy Daedelus.  Grin

edit: Almost forgot Daedelus link. He usually demands one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ1-QlpcTjk

testz
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:41:21 AM

Anything to add about the market failure of these illiquid assets you claim you can move between? Seems 1 bitUSD is still $1.18, from the data published in the link above.

At the moment is is going for $1.11 because of the bear market.   We have recognized the problems with the current system and have a major update that will fix the liquidity issue.  

I would say that right now BitUSD is extremely liquid at $1.00. it is just expensive to buy because it can only be created by people looking to short and no one wants to short in a bear market.  

If I had $55K BitUSD I could sell them all at $1.00 right now which is 33% of the BitUSD supply.  

So the plan is to continue to exploit people's natural bias i.e. despite historic evidence to the contrary it is the next diet that will work or the next gym membership subscription that means you go 4 times a week?

After POW>POS>TaPOS>DPOS and roll in AGS, PTS, VOTE et al flavours and 'the merger' + adding inflation, it is the next version of BTS that will work. Fair enough..

It's evolution, next generation will work better.  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █