Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:36:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which one do you value most when you choose a BTC exchange?  (Voting closed: May 20, 2015, 10:20:00 AM)
Trading depth/liquidity - 4 (12.9%)
Security - 14 (45.2%)
Customer service - 0 (0%)
Deposit/Withdrawal Channels - 3 (9.7%)
Low fees - 4 (12.9%)
Compliance - 0 (0%)
Reputation - 2 (6.5%)
Other - 4 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which do you value most when you choose a BTC exchange?  (Read 1201 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 10:20:00 AM

Hi there, we(www.bityes.com) would like to do a survey regarding the priority selection when you choose a BTC exchange. Welcome to talk about all the options we put up here and others as well.  Wink

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:31:22 AM

I choose trading depth/liquidity because it's the one that important for me for doing trading, and then the second one is the security. And low fees, is the third important thing for me in trading site Grin

faucet used to be profitable
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

I regularly do small trades and fast conversion from BTC to USD and my control over the coin/FIAT are of utmost importance to me. Hence I chose www.100bit.co.in over others, though sometimes when liquidity is low, I sell at LocalBitcoins as well...

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:45:11 AM

Security.

I will still stay with an exchange with high fees as security is the main thing to be considered. There is no way of finding out if a new exchange is really secure.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:27:21 AM

the obvious choice is security, it's basically mandatory to choose that, otherwise you are asking to loose everything sooner or later

the problem is that there isn't any guaranteed that the exchage that you choosed is secure enough(and no matter how famous it is), you can only hope
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:33:34 AM

Although security is mandatory, it is not a sufficient condition for me. The exchange would also need to make deposits and withdrawals easy through multiple channels, minimal verification, etc. What is the point of a secure exchange if you cannot get money in and out? The exchange certainly should not ask for more documents than a bank would. I get treated like royalty at my fiat banks (in spite of how much I hate them) - on the other hand I feel like BTC exchanges treat me like I am a 2-bit scammer.

opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:58:09 AM

Have to go with Trading depth/liquidity if I am choosing one but customer service is right behind in 2nd place. The thing is as long as the security isn't the worst that has ever showed itself in the bitcoin world, I couldn't really care less as I will only ever put on there what I can afford to lose and yes I have lost some x2 lol but I have made more and have found some trusted exchanges namely btc-e and localbitcoins both am very happy with.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:13:32 PM

First is whether or not they accept a US citizen on a foreign exchange. I found only one in Europe that allowed me to trade and that was after many e-mails back and forth proving that I am legally allowed to do so.
Second is deposit/withdraw. If I can't get my money in or out, it is useless. If it costs money to get money in, that detracts.
Third is the cost per trade.

Liquidity helps but if you have time you can eventually convert your fiat to bitcoins even with low liquidity.

Security is a given. If you lose peoples' coins, your business is likely done unless you have a clean track record and immediately rectify the situation. Even then it is a ding that would warn me to stay away.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:35:19 PM

For me it doesn't matter whether the fees are slightly higher but as long as the exchanger is safe and trustworthy, i really don't  mind paying extra for the service. I would rate security as top of list and another would be customer support although i think you should have included that as well.

Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:57:30 PM

Actually, for every exchange I mainly care about the ease of use and the features it has. It has to be something special, not like common exchanges.
If the exchange is well done and has higher quality than others, I am happy to pay more for a better experience Smiley
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:34:32 PM

With all the serious hacks that have destroyed exchanges (Mt. Gox, Mintpal, Allcrypt, etc.) or seriously hurt them (Vircurex, Poloniex), security as a top priority should be an absolute no brainer. Who cares if you have slightly lower fees or slightly faster withdrawals or other features if you're going to suffer a major hack and lose customers funds?

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:34:53 PM

Trust and security.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:39:21 PM

Why have not you allow the possibility to choose more than one option? However If I can say my opinion regarding your question:

I choose an exchange according firstly to the security (and the dev team). Second, according to the volume and liquidity and after I choose to use an exchange also if the site has a great support service.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:18:23 PM

The most important thing to me is ease of use. It should be simple and quick to make a Bitcoin deposit, sell it to a local currency and transfer it to a bank account and vice versa. Since this option isn't present, I chose security. If an exchange isn't secure, people will gradually stop using it... Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:04:54 PM

After a few years of this shit, I just like it when they don't steal from me.

Why is it not possible to have ALL of those qualities at once?

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:18:20 PM

Security is by far the most important for an exchange. Who wants their coins to be hacked and the exchange going bankrupt due to missing coins?
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:40:40 AM

Security.

I will still stay with an exchange with high fees as security is the main thing to be considered. There is no way of finding out if a new exchange is really secure.

May I know how do you choose an exchange by security since majority of exchanges claims that they are secure?

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:41:57 AM

For me it is the security of the exchange since I do not do tons of transactions daily.  I could consider how it would be fees for some that do handful of transactions daily.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:43:25 AM

Liquidity.

Fuck their security.

In, out and on with life.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:48:12 AM

Security is my no. 1

i dont care if i pay a 0.1 % or 0.145 % fee  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: