Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to maximize block download speed on a single local node  (Read 2315 times)
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 621

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:31:46 PM

lonteviro, the numbers are in bytes / sec.
I witnessed some peaks at 15 MB/sec like you, but this was more or less random and did not seem to depends on the version of the node.

Another wierd thing that I saw (i was not able to reproduce it) is that while downloading the blocks, a ping/pong exchange in the middle took 4 seconds.
This is normal, the messages sent from the node to the client are queued in bitcoind.

If client ask 10 000 blocks then does 1 ping, then the pong of the server will be queued at the end of the 10 000 blocks.
This is also why the pong timeout is 20min in bitcoind.

Did you tested on a local node ? your results are very coherent with mine.

I notice no bottleneck of disk IO or CPU. The socket buffer being never full means that NBitcoin is processing blocks faster than they are coming from bitcoind.

Did someone managed (on any library) to fetch block from a local node at a highest speed than 10MB/s ?

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lontivero

Activity: 164
Merit: 128

Amazing times are coming

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:09:11 PM

Thanks for the explanation about ping/pong messages.

Yes, I was testing with bitcoind and NBitcoin in the same local machine. And yes, CPU and Disk IO are very low usage (CPU is almost idle).

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: