Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged mining  (Read 585 times)
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:50:04 PM

Hello boys and girls.

I have a question regarding merged mining. A pretty basic question, I thought, but I can't seem to find any commentary on it. So here goes.

If a coin can be merged mined, is it to one specific "parent" coin, or any coin that uses the same algorithm?
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:20:49 PM

Hello boys and girls.

I have a question regarding merged mining. A pretty basic question, I thought, but I can't seem to find any commentary on it. So here goes.

If a coin can be merged mined, is it to one specific "parent" coin, or any coin that uses the same algorithm?

I believe the coin that is to be merge-mined must have code to support every parent chain. The parent, however, doesn't even need to know it's a parent chain.

That makes sense. So theoretically, you could make a coin that could be merged by a large number of potential parents.

Thanks.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:08:08 AM

Hello boys and girls.

The parent is defined in the code of the AuxPOW coin.   You can read about it here: https://www.coinmanual.com/tag/auxpow/

The cool thing about AuxPOW is that when you have multiple AuxPOW coins with the same parent, you can mine all off those coins at the same time.   

Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:15:44 PM

Hello boys and girls.

The parent is defined in the code of the AuxPOW coin.   You can read about it here: https://www.coinmanual.com/tag/auxpow/

The cool thing about AuxPOW is that when you have multiple AuxPOW coins with the same parent, you can mine all off those coins at the same time.   

Thank you! That's a cool article, and gives me more things to search Cheesy I think it would be fun (I'm not currently even close to good enough to do it) to put that AuxPow definition in a coin for a LOT of parents. Leech off of so many networks that securing the chain is never an issue Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: