Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:43:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Loan for Sci-Fi Blu Ray Movie Release  (Read 3085 times)
Rarity (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:42:09 PM

Greetings,

One of my favorite movies of all time is called Battlefield Earth.  It is a classic, critically acclaimed science fiction movie starring John Travolta which was based on a New York Times best-selling novel of the same name.   The movie features prescient themes about the dangers of mind control and the ability of much maligned underground churches to resit the influence of those who would oppress them. 

Unfortunately, this cinema classic has yet to receive a Blu Ray release for reasons that are not entirely clear to me.  I have worn out my VHS and DVD copies of the film. What I am looking for is a loan in the amount of 48,000 BTC to spearhead a Blu Ray restoration and release of this excellent film.  I seek no profit from this enterprise, any profits and royalties from the success of this venture will be returned to the investors who have made it possible.  My only interest is to see a film classic presented to a larger audience in the best possible format.

Please contact me to discuss your investment in this venture, SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY: raritybestpony@gmail.com

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:43:36 PM

If I win the bet, I will make a substantial contribution to your cause.

Rarity (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:45:01 PM

If I win the bet, I will make a substantial contribution to your cause.

Hah!  I've been thinking of offering to cover part of your bet just because I know I would never have to pay out since you are so obviously on the right side of things.  I'll hold you to this!

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
drrussellshane

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:30:19 PM

Hahhahahahahahahahahahaa awesome!

I bet I know why you like that movie!

Grin

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
drrussellshane

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:32:58 PM

Greetings,

One of my favorite movies of all time is called Battlefield Earth.  It is a classic, critically acclaimed science fiction movie starring John Travolta which was based on a New York Times best-selling novel of the same name.   The movie features prescient themes about the dangers of mind control and the ability of much maligned underground churches to resit the influence of those who would oppress them. 

Unfortunately, this cinema classic has yet to receive a Blu Ray release for reasons that are not entirely clear to me.

Perhaps this has something to do with it:

from the link you posted:

The subsequent film adaptation, released in 2000, was a commercial failure and was criticized as one of the "worst films ever made".

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
JMAHH

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:57:28 PM

I sense another classic thread in the making. I beg you all to proceed.
SMTB1963

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 03:08:10 PM

Perhaps this has something to do with it:

from the link you posted:

The subsequent film adaptation, released in 2000, was a commercial failure and was criticized as one of the "worst films ever made".

Also from Rarity's link, there's this:

Fraud by Franchise Pictures
Following the failure of Battlefield Earth and other films independently produced by Franchise Pictures, The Wall Street Journal reported that the FBI was probing "the question of whether some independent motion picture companies have vastly inflated the budget of films in an effort to scam investors"

[...]

The case was heard before a jury in a Los Angeles federal courtroom in May–June 2004...Intertainment won the case and was awarded $121.7 million in damages.

The film cost ~$95M, earned  ~$30M, and Franchise Pictures pays out ~$122M in lawsuit judgements...let's release it on blu-ray!   Roll Eyes

What I am looking for is a loan in the amount of 48,000 BTC to spearhead a Blu Ray restoration and release of this excellent film.

48K BTC is quite a sum...care to post a business plan/pro-formas?  It might help you attract investors.
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 03:56:10 PM

Didn't this movie practically ruin John Travolta's career? It was a stinker. How can you even consider criticizing dank bank with ideas like this?  Cheesy
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:23:52 PM

Didn't this movie practically ruin John Travolta's career? It was a stinker. How can you even consider criticizing dank bank with ideas like this?  Cheesy

Now I HAVE to watch it.

drrussellshane

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:25:13 PM

Rarity, thank you for your contribution to this forum and community.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:52:38 PM

Now I HAVE to watch it.

The book was better...

... but not by much.

Still around.
drrussellshane

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:36:39 PM

Now I HAVE to watch it.

The book was better...

... but not by much.

It's Mitt Romney's favorite book.

Ole Mitt has one foot on Kolob, and Xenu has hold of the other!

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 06:34:05 PM

If you get this through, could you then please use some of the lessons learned to go ahead and put onto Blu Ray: Gigli?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:47:58 PM

I have worn out my VHS and DVD copies of the film.

Just curious, how did you wear out a DVD?

If you rub it on your private parts too long and too often, there will be read errors after a time, especially if you do not remove the sticky stuff.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:45:21 PM

Rarity, thank you for another superbly entertaining thread.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 02:45:14 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 04:28:29 AM by Rarity

48K BTC is quite a sum...care to post a business plan/pro-formas?  It might help you attract investors.

Any interested parties can contact me by e-mail and I will put you in touch with my lawyer for more details.  I have the appropriate collateral to back the loan and if this doesn't work out I will go a more traditional route.  I just though it would be cool to fund a unique project like this via the Bitcoin Community as part of proving what amazing potential we have here.

I have a background in public relations and advertising so I am familiar in general with how complex a project it will be to promote this film given that a minority of critics have unfairly given it negative reviews.

The actual process of conversion to Blu Ray I am not familiar with but through my spiritual group I have many contacts in the film industry who I am sure would be happy to work with me on this matter.  

Thank you for your interest.

JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:33:50 AM

I have the appropriate collateral to back the loan

Do you mean that massive weed farm somewhere in the woods in Colorado?
drrussellshane

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 04:10:40 AM

48K BTC is quite a sum...care to post a business plan/pro-formas?  It might help you attract investors.

Any interested parties can contact me by e-mail and I will put you in touch with my lawyer for more details.  I have the appropriate collateral to back the loan and if this doesn't work out I will go a more traditional route.  I just though it would be cool to fund a unique project like this via the Bitcoin Community as part of proving what amazing potential we have here.

I have a background in public relations and advertising so I am familiar in general with how complex a project it will be to promote this film giving that a minority of critics have unfairly reviewed it. 

The actual process of conversion to Blu Ray I am not familiar with but through my spiritual group I have many contacts in the film industry who I am sure would be happy to work with me on this matter. 

Thank you for your interest.

Where can we learn more about your spiritual group?

Grin

Rarity (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 04:35:15 AM

Your interest is noted and I may perhaps start a thread on spiritual matters at some point in the future however I would like to focus on business matters at this time.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:16:41 PM

God damn it I had to un-ignore you for this thread.

Your interest is noted and I may perhaps start a thread on spiritual matters at some point in the future however I would like to focus on business matters at this time.
I thought your "spiritual group" was all about business - otherwise the courses would be free  Wink

Also, this was classic:
SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY: raritybestpony@gmail.com

10/10 troll.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: