Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got scammed by Bruce Wagner...help!  (Read 4819 times)
Marilynmonroe (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 02:54:05 AM

I FINALLY heard back from him
and he said that he would get back to me within 4 hours.  Will keep you guys updated... Huh
Marilynmonroe (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:05:54 AM

I was new to the bitcoin game and when i did a google search his sites was one of the first results.  I bought into the positive experiences that were posted on his site and it was a pretty easy process.  I had conducted two successful transfers with him within the past few months.  I had not heard of his shady past or that he had gotten "hacked" until after this last transition.  Don't worry, next time I will ensure that I buy from a reputable source!  I have learned my lesson  Undecided

To the OP,

How did you find Bruce Wagner?  Just curious.  I am surprised he is still able to pull in marks.   He can't advertise here, he can't on rediit, he can't anywhere there is any significant bitcoin presence (because people will drown him out with calls of scams).  Yes somehow he still gets his message to the people he scams.

Any links you can provide will be useful.  Oh and next time buy from someone you can trust ... like Tangible Cryptography. Wink

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:27:40 AM

Yep, when I first found out about bitcoin, bruce's sites were some of the first I encountered.

Lots of new users, when they see all these sites that don't accept paypal, google "bitcoin paypal" or something similar. Bruce's site bitcoinme.com is usually on the first page of google results.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:57:39 AM

Yep, when I first found out about bitcoin, bruce's sites were some of the first I encountered.

Lots of new users, when they see all these sites that don't accept paypal, google "bitcoin paypal" or something similar. Bruce's site bitcoinme.com is usually on the first page of google results.

Hmm anyone know a good SEO company which deals in search engine deoptimization? Wink
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 04:01:45 AM

Luckily he doesnt own bitcoin.me  Cheesy

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 04:05:39 AM

By the way, that threw me off for the longest time.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 04:19:46 AM

Hmm anyone know a good SEO company which deals in search engine deoptimization? Wink

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned Google-bombs?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 04:22:38 AM

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned Google-bombs?

Just get every forum member to search "Bruce Wagner is a bitcoin scammer" multiple times and the phrase will become a suggested search as soon as someone types in "Bruce Wagner".

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 04:24:25 AM

Is this thread here because onlyonetv's last show interviewed Bitfloor's founder who is back in the news again? 
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 04:31:38 AM

By the way, that threw me off for the longest time.

Ya, I thought he was Bruce also lol

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3653
Merit: 1448

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 04:38:36 AM

I bought into the positive experiences that were posted on his site

Sorry to ask, but you didn't really expect negativ experiences on his site, did you?

I really hope you get your coins, wouldn't really count on it though.
Better go to the next police station right now, just in case.

Is this thread here because onlyonetv's last show interviewed Bitfloor's founder who is back in the news again?  
I didn't even know that show still exists, i stopped checking it when the "daily bitcoin show" just showed up once every couple of weeks, or was that months? Whatever..

But i hope this thread is not around to advertise any of Bruce's "services", should be more of a warning to newcomers that don't know anything about him yet.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 06:48:02 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 04:56:50 PM by Stephen Gornick

From the BitFloor thread:

[Edit: Same post office, different PO Box]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 06:51:30 AM

He was also promoting mybitcoin.com shortly before it got "hacked".

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 06:59:28 AM

Ok, just was cleared up for me.  That's the same post office address, but different PO boxes.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:37:54 PM

Powerful shizzz...

Do you know if this is LSD or Acid?

Even if it was, ( and you were not adverse to entheogenic explorations of consciousness and wider-deeper levels of reality )
do you really want to put THAT in your mouth? 
Marilynmonroe (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 09:03:46 AM

This is what he just wrote to me....I think I should just file a police report at this point.  Is there any chance of me getting a penny of my money back?  What do you guys think I should do?  I am beyond frustrated and angry!

So here's what happened....

The supplier where we have been getting our Bitcoins from.... was hacked and robbed. 

They lost about $250,000 worth of Bitcoins.   About $10,000 worth of those Bitcoins was OURS.   ( Lucky it wasn't a lot more than that, at the time. )

So, I am quickly arranging to get more Bitcoins through an alternate source, but it will take a couple of days to complete the bank wire transfer to Hong Kong... and get the Bitcoins in hand.

First, obviously, I apologize for any inconvenience and trouble this delay has caused.  It cost me $10,000 so far.  Plus unhappy customers, which is even worse.

At this point, I can give you two choices.   You can either wait about 3 days for the entire Hong Kong bank wire / purchase process to complete....  Then I'll send the Bitcoins to you.     Or....  I can issue a refund to you of your US dollars.   However, note that issuing a bank check by mail will take about 2 weeks to be sent in the mail.

Please let me know which one sounds better to you.  And, again, I apologize for this situation. 

Obviously, we will be using a different supplier and this should never happen again.

Bruce
elroy

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:04:58 PM

Your not the only one. File a judgment to get in line. However, recovery of said judgement is unlikely.
The only way to find him is to hunt him down.
And if you found him he wouldn't be sorry.
You would need to get the rest of the victims to hire some muscle.
It wouldn't be pretty.
Do you want't to start a find bruce wagner website?

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:53:21 PM

Your not the only one. File a judgment to get in line. However, recovery of said judgement is unlikely.
The only way to find him is to hunt him down.
And if you found him he wouldn't be sorry.
You would need to get the rest of the victims to hire some muscle.
It wouldn't be pretty.
Do you want't to start a find bruce wagner website?

If you want to find Bruce Wagner this might be a clue:

https://www.bitpremier.com/items/view/355
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:01:21 PM

Have you called him or visited his office?

He works like 4 blocks away from where I am sitting right now.

Want me to bust some balls?

+1

Do it 60 Minutes style with cameras rolling.

Leave him a voicemail saying "See you at the Carnegie Deli" and just hit him NY Style...

That part of town hasn't seem any action in a few weeks.

This thread  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: