Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese tax regimes depress economy  (Read 1316 times)
yellowpage09 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:43:10 AM

http://www.fxwirepro.com/data/charts/201505146464335dBPS.png.png

Surprisingly, the consumption tax (CT) was raised from 5% to 8% in April 2014. CT (Consumption Tax) hike has presses back the timing of Japan's complete exit from deflation.

The adverse impact of the CT hike turned out to be worse than what the government or the BoJ had anticipated.

As a result, the CT hike created a cautious business sentiment, Earlier we already saw the net domestic fund demand shrunk to 3.3% of GDP. This indicates a weakening of reflationary momentum.

On a technical front EURJPY has been maintaining continuation pattern in short term trend as there is no trace of reversals. Relative strength index is converging the price sentiments in the trade of this pair. Fast stochastic also does not evidence any reversal signals. Hence, we believe it would still be a buy from us.

Hedge with Option Strategy: Sell a credit Put spread (Bull put spread)

We can establish this strategy by selling a Put option and purchase another Put at a Lower Strike Price with the same expiration date for net premium receivable.

This trade strategy is advisable only when the underlying exchange rate is projected to move higher or sideways so that put expires worthless and you keep the entire premium.

Use shorter period for expiration to take advantage of time decay and give lesser time for the stock to move against you.

(Source: http://fxwire.pro/Japanese-tax-regimes-depress-economy-36039)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:18:54 PM

The poor japs have been stuck with their crisis for ages, but at least and as opposite to most other "unions" out there, it's their own money debt, they don't depend from other countries and can afford taking certain measures that others cant.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:03:35 PM

Actually 8% tax isn't much, when most European countries have 20%+ VAT.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:53:20 PM

Their tax is quite high considering the average wages. Having been said Japan are quite developed and for a country of their calibre 8% isn't that bad.
However, as with all countries, tax can be a bad thing when it's charged too heavily.
The Laffer curve demonstrates the point at which everyone pays tax when it is set at not too high and not too low a price. However, when the tax charged is too high, people begin moving away and looking for ways to avoid and evade paying tax. It baffles me why the UK government haven't actually noticed this yet...
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:33:19 PM

Yeah, actually its low as hell, I can't think a single European country that has single figure VAT without having to google/wikipedia it. On top of my head all are like 12+% maybe 14 on average.
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:40:57 AM

Our sales tax here is 8%, and income tax is variable depending on how much you make.  I wonder if the total tax is more or less in Japan?  Do they have property tax as well like we do?  My taxes seem high to me but maybe I have it good.  I can never tell.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:06:04 AM

Yeah, actually its low as hell, I can't think a single European country that has single figure VAT without having to google/wikipedia it. On top of my head all are like 12+% maybe 14 on average.

i just checked the taxes for euro and i'm shocked, some of them reach 50%, wtf, living in japan in comparison is like living in a paradise
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:55:35 AM

Japan needs high taxes to keep its economy alive. It should be remembered that Japan produces hardly any petroleum or natural gas on its own. It imports these commodities from outside, at exorbiant prices. For example, Japan imports (liquified) natural gas at $650 per thousand cubic meters from Qatar, while Ukraine gets the same from Russia at $215 per thousand cubic meters. These imports eat up a lot of Forex. All the taxes collected from other sources are used to subsidized the manufacturing sector, which is the main source of Forex for Japan.

Japan spends almost $200 billion on importing gas and oil. And we wonder why the economy there is going downhill.  Grin
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:02:10 PM

You need to look at all taxes. Some countries tax this and dont tax that. And changing this takes long time. In my country when country need money they just tax oil. Oil is easiest to tax since almost no one will complain.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:03:20 PM

At least japan is dealing with his own debt, which is in it's majority all internal debt. It means it owes money to his own country only. Meanwhile, most nations out there are stuck in debt that they owe to other countries, which is a much trickier situation.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:40:33 AM

The poor japs have been stuck with their crisis for ages, but at least and as opposite to most other "unions" out there, it's their own money debt, they don't depend from other countries and can afford taking certain measures that others cant.

There are benefits to owning most of your countries debt, it does make me wonder what it will take to break the deflation cycle in the country that said it is still a strong country in the sense the standard of living is high.
Perhaps the revenue from the consumption tax will show stronger economic benefits in the long run through good old capital accumulation.

Japan needs high taxes to keep its economy alive. It should be remembered that Japan produces hardly any petroleum or natural gas on its own. It imports these commodities from outside, at exorbiant prices. For example, Japan imports (liquified) natural gas at $650 per thousand cubic meters from Qatar, while Ukraine gets the same from Russia at $215 per thousand cubic meters. These imports eat up a lot of Forex. All the taxes collected from other sources are used to subsidized the manufacturing sector, which is the main source of Forex for Japan.

Japan spends almost $200 billion on importing gas and oil. And we wonder why the economy there is going downhill.  Grin

Oilprices have stabalized around $60/barrel and LNG projects they were working on are less profitable at present so at least their fuel costs are dropping once their future contracts expire, Japan likely hedges their assets to secure import costs.

On the other hand they still need to import a lot of beef and food and given the exchange rate and purchasing power decreasing as a yen is worth less some of that rise is offset and shifted elsewhere instead, then offset by exports, economics can be fun.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:57:32 PM

The japanese have been fucked several times by natural catastrophes, then the fukushima stuff was terrible. If they had better look with their climate, they wouldn't be on that situation, or not as bad.
jmurjeff

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:57:55 PM

i just checked the taxes for euro and i'm shocked, some of them reach 50%, wtf, living in japan in comparison is like living in a paradise

Yeah but in a lot of European nations they get more for their taxes. I would rather be taxed like the European nations in the United States and get similar service than what we are taxed at now. The U.S. taxes barely go to helping the U.S. people.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:40:46 PM

The japanese have been fucked several times by natural catastrophes, then the fukushima stuff was terrible. If they had better look with their climate, they wouldn't be on that situation, or not as bad.

Those events are a huge setback.

I remember hearing it took like $100 mill minimum I think just to clear the aftermath of what happened, and its sad. Of course, japan is an island so this is never going to change, but maybes its a sign for them to ask for foreign debt..
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:19:13 PM

Check the consumer taxes for the Dutch population. Insane... Especially the special "added taxes" on stuff like alcohol, sigarattes, gasoline and even cars.. Our cars are 20-30% more expensive than in Belgium or Germany ffs...
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:33:14 PM

You need to look at all taxes. Some countries tax this and dont tax that. And changing this takes long time. In my country when country need money they just tax oil. Oil is easiest to tax since almost no one will complain.

Of course this is all based on a lawmakers passing something, but I disagree taxing oil isnt enough.

All forms of tax is based on daily consumption, which what you see on your reciept.

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:10:02 PM

Oh so that's why usdjpy did that shit, thanks banks and thanks to trading forex with btc, that paid my rent. lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: