Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:22:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOS VS ANDROID  (Read 2245 times)
cabbiel0ver19

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:56:48 PM

I prefer Android phones just because you don't have to buy a new one to get a major update lol

Globalization is the key to success. We have it, we just don't know what door it unlocks.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
volatilebtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:58:55 PM

IOS is best , I have heard that only  Grin . I dont have any hands on experience. I have android and used it much , I like it all the way.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin faucet  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  Freebitc◔in   ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible  ↑↓ Highest Reward 50% Referral benefit  ↑↓
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 04:55:22 PM

I have both IOS and Android devices and I have to say I much prefer IOS. I like Android but there are a lot of little things about IOS that add up to a smoother experience. It's only now with Lollipop that Android is starting to catch up a bit and I'm talking about stuff that Apple already had like 4 years ago. Also I like the Appstore a lot better than Google Play. Apps never go free on Google Play whereas on the Appstore you get dozens of premium apps everyday that go totally free for short periods of time. Seriously, over the years I've accumulated hundreds of dollars worth of paid apps legally   Grin
And I believe that's one of the reasons there is so much piracy on Android, because they never give out anything for free.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:04:24 PM

I prefer Android phones just because you don't have to buy a new one to get a major update lol

Apple only allows updates if the phone can handle it, try to put in IOS 7 on an iphone 4. Apple cares about user experience actually.

My fathers Samsung is auto updating and becoming slow and un-usable with every update

As Steve Jobs said - We dont ship Junk
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:27:59 PM

As Steve Jobs said - "Just avoid holding it in that way." Cheesy

Sharpe

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:29:30 PM

Was an iphone user for the longest time but recently switched to android and doubt I'll be going back. I liked ios for the most part but they restrict you far too much so had to change.

i just use android for hacks and mods

You can mod IOS too, just jailbreak it

I think android modding is far more flexible than iOS. Just saying.

Exactly. You shouldn't have to 'jailbreak' it. Doesn't doing that void you warranty as well?
GTO911

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:36:21 PM

Exactly. You shouldn't have to 'jailbreak' it. Doesn't doing that void you warranty as well?

Doesnt rooting your android void your warranty?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 09:44:40 PM

Doesnt rooting your android void your warranty?
It does, if they can find the trace of the root. I'm not sure about the exact procedure now, but there is some counter within the phone.
If you manage to reset it, no problems.

Apple only allows updates if the phone can handle it, try to put in IOS 7 on an iphone 4. Apple cares about user experience actually.

My fathers Samsung is auto updating and becoming slow and un-usable with every update

If you factor in the prices around the globe, they ship expensive junk. There is no auto updating by default, he must have enabled it. People do tend to blame the manufacturer when the phone gets slow with 70+ apps installed and no maintenance ever being done.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:10:07 PM

I'll just point out that jailbreaking and rooting are different things. Rooting is much more powerful.

SaktoWuN

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:12:50 PM

I prefer Android phones over IOS.
GTO911

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:10:43 AM

I'll just point out that jailbreaking and rooting are different things. Rooting is much more powerful.

False, they mean the same, both give you root access
GTO911

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:13:12 AM

If you factor in the prices around the globe, they ship expensive junk.

There is no auto updating by default, he must have enabled it. People do tend to blame the manufacturer when the phone gets slow with 70+ apps installed and no maintenance ever being done.

You pay for quality, i think top of the line galaxies arent cheap either.

Infact my father is an aged man with no games installed. Samsung has a ton of bloatware of itself. The phone has two browsers by default, one of android and one of samsung. Utter Crap
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:41:35 AM

False, they mean the same, both give you root access

Not sure why I would lie about it.
http://www.androidpit.com/jailbreak-android

Jailbreaking is a misleading word. Your still inside the prison, just broken outside of the cell.

GTO911

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:44:15 AM

Jailbreaking is a misleading word. Your still inside the prison, just broken outside of the cell.

Not sure if you are stupid or trolling, both give you root access, check your own link

Now rooting allows you to install custom firmware like cm, which is basically android again, wow

Wait, you can do the same on iphone too - http://www.whited00r.com/features?lang=en&install=1

Have played with a lot of ROMS and they are nothing but glitchy hobby projects except cm

Overclocking your processor? lulz, have an overclocked [To the limit of frying] dual core android phone and it sucks balls of my dual core iphone.

You can overclock the A4 32 bit architecture though - http://www.skipser.com/p/2/p/how-to-overclock-iphone.html

But IOS is so optimized for the hardware it does not need tweaking, it never lags if you dont install newer firmware on stone age iphone

Unless the people commenting havent played with both the Softwares and Hardwares, this debate will be stupid
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 09:48:45 AM

Not sure if you are stupid or trolling, both give you root access, check your own link

Now rooting allows you to install custom firmware like cm, which is basically android again, wow

Wait, you can do the same on iphone too - http://www.whited00r.com/features?lang=en&install=1
-snip
No need to go further than this:
Whited00r supports iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G and iPod Touch 2G (both old BootRom MB and new BootRom MC versions).
Please, stop with the favoring of iOS and Apple. Everyone knows that root -> jailbreak (although the other article might have exaggerated things.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:48:37 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 10:59:09 AM by Buffer Overflow

Have played with a lot of ROMS and they are nothing but glitchy hobby projects except cm

Overclocking your processor? lulz, have an overclocked [To the limit of frying] dual core android phone and it sucks balls of my dual core iphone.

You can overclock the A4 32 bit architecture though - http://www.skipser.com/p/2/p/how-to-overclock-iphone.html

But IOS is so optimized for the hardware it does not need tweaking, it never lags if you dont install newer firmware on stone age iphone

Unless the people commenting havent played with both the Softwares and Hardwares, this debate will be stupid

I think we've got our terminology wires a little crossed here.

When I speak of jailbreaking I mean what some people do to their iThingy devices to give them more control.
When I speak of rooting I mean what some people do their Android devices to give them more control.

I wasn't referring to actual privilege escalation (administration root user), which obviously both do, as they wouldn't be able to do the stuff only the normal user can do.

Changing the subject, I never actually rooted my Android before I installed CyanogenMod. All I did was unlock the phone bootloader, then overwrite recovery and system with the new OS. I'm guessing that could be done on iPhones as well, not sure.

Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:35:51 PM

iOS all better except iTunes. Hate it.

temroa

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:36:53 PM

both sux go uos

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:40:50 PM

personally i dont really care. as long as i can make a phone call and receive a text. the rest doesnt really matter

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
addy boy

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:40:00 AM

i like android stuff as because they are easy to use and we can modify them as we like..but in ipones if a modification goes wrong then its much expensive to get it back
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: