Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:48:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OneVillain.com Heads-Up Poker  (Read 9634 times)
OneVillain (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 12:27:48 AM

Glad it's working correctly for you!

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 03:51:35 AM

Pi314. If offer is still available
bitvientiane

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:40:40 AM

Can I get some chips, I'll provide valuable feedback. username: peter885

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 05:08:59 PM

Sent to both of you, good luck!

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
Pi

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:25:44 PM

Thanks a lot. Gotta say I'm loving this site.. Good luck man
bitvientiane

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:20:34 AM

Ok some questions about the rake.

- Are you using a no flop no drop policy?

- The maximum rake is actually pretty high for high stakes where you will reach the cap frequently. Are there any plans to bring this more inline with pokerstars or does the lower percentage rake for low stakes compensate for this in your eyes?

- Also what times is it the busiest on your site?
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 03:16:05 AM

Ok some questions about the rake.

- Are you using a no flop no drop policy?

- The maximum rake is actually pretty high for high stakes where you will reach the cap frequently. Are there any plans to bring this more inline with pokerstars or does the lower percentage rake for low stakes compensate for this in your eyes?

- Also what times is it the busiest on your site?

Right, no flop no drop. 

Ya, the cap on some of the intermediate stakes games might need some adjusting. Right now the cap is 100 chips across the board.  For the really high stakes, this is actually pretty cheap (especially in conjunction with 1% overall). The small stakes games basically play rake free most of the time and at 1% rake they don't really have an opportunity to pass what would be the cap on other sites, so it's sort of moot.  But for some of the mid-level stakes, the cap right now doesn't make sense, will adjust. Thanks.

Right now the busiest time really varies.  I'll see games going when I expect it to be empty, and I'll see it empty when I expect games to be going.  I would say 5-9pm EST is probably the best shot right now.

bitvientiane

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:21:44 AM

Thanks for the answers. I agree the lowest games are really cheap on rake now. Which is a good thing I think to get people to try it out. Furthermore even with higher rake you wouldn't make much from those stakes anyway
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 07:55:56 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2012, 11:27:21 PM by OneVillain

Ya, we want to give best value across the board.  It so happens that the lower stakes get an especially good deal, since we round down on collecting rake (so nothing is collected on any pot under 100 chips, and then not again until the next 100 increment).  And that's probably good, for the reason you mention.  Caps are all changed to 2 big blinds or less now.  

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 04:09:05 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 03:27:15 AM by OneVillain

20 BTC Freeroll this coming weekend!  To qualify, play 100 raked hands (Sit & Go's will also count as 1 raked hand) between the beginning of Monday and the end of Saturday.

Raked Hands Race was fun, gonna tweak it by doing the freeroll. Additional 1BTC bonus to the top 5 on the list.

Tournament will be at 7pm ET on Sunday, September 23rd.  Raked hands list will be tracked and updated on our promotions page.

Shagnasty

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:53:51 AM

'll check it out. The name is Shagnasty.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 11:11:42 AM

I would like to check it out, my nick is d3bil.

As I play HU SNG exclusively, any chance you make your weekly rake race to include SNGs as well? I mean SNG with fee > 0 will count as 1 raked hand...

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 04:23:37 PM

Cool I credited you each with 100 chips, good luck guys.

Pi

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:08:33 PM

Best site around with some of the nicest people you'd ever play against. Except cuntrag... He's a different story lol.
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 05:59:34 PM

lol.  Cuntrag is a nice guy!  He's volunteering to create some images for us, a big help.  I think maybe he just acts rude at the table to throw his opponents off.  Wink

cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:44:57 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2012, 08:06:48 AM by cambda

I have one issue with the software, when a new table opens, I have to move it bit up because I cannot see the buttons at bottom (my netbook has resolution 1024x600) and sometimes (about 10% of the time) the table freezes (I cannot move the table anymore) and I cannot do anything and I see no action on the table (I have to refresh the page and login again, and it opens the table and I can play - but in some cases it freezes again and I have to repeat  Undecided). I using IE 8.0 and Google Chrome 21.0, both have the same issue about 10% of the time
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:24:12 AM

I just tried a cash-out to see how well it worked.

I requested a withdrawal of 132 chips.  It told me it would take a couple of hours, but when I looked at my bitcoin client the payment was already there.

Very impressive - it couldn't have taken more than a minute.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 06:59:06 PM

I have one issue with the software, when a new table opens, I have to move it bit up because I cannot see the buttons at bottom (my netbook has resolution 1024x600) and sometimes (about 10% of the time) the table freezes (I cannot move the table anymore) and I cannot do anything and I see no action on the table (I have to refresh the page and login again, and it opens the table and I can play - but in some cases it freezes again and I have to repeat  Undecided). I using IE 8.0 and Google Chrome 21.0, both have the same issue about 10% of the time
Really sorry that's happening.  The freerolls we run have exposed some bugginess in the Mavens software, presumably because Heads-Up MTTs is a kind of unique concept that probably wasn't extensively tested when they created it.  I don't know if your problem is related to this or something different, but I'm gonna pass this info on to the developer so they can have it in mind when they're getting the kinks out. We want everything to be smooth for when we start offering more tournaments.

You could also try Firefox, or even a different version of Chrome, just as a new variable, you never know.  It's hard to know exactly what these machines of ours are thinking sometimes, hehe.

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 07:02:12 PM

I just tried a cash-out to see how well it worked.

I requested a withdrawal of 132 chips.  It told me it would take a couple of hours, but when I looked at my bitcoin client the payment was already there.

Very impressive - it couldn't have taken more than a minute.
Glad it worked well for you dooglus!  We have a system in place that should generally make cashouts this quick, for security purposes it won't quite be 100% of the time.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:11:50 AM

Glad it worked well for you dooglus!  We have a system in place that should generally make cashouts this quick, for security purposes it won't quite be 100% of the time.

Are you holding the majority of customer deposits in an offline 'cold' wallet, to protect from hackers, etc.?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████