Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Build My Own Kingdom Country  (Read 1020 times)
b-trading (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:18:53 PM

If i have money about USD 1.000.000.000.000. i want to build an island in the international sea far away from any EEZ of any country and declare it as a sovereigh country and make it a new absolute monarchy where i am be the king of the kingdom....and of course using bitcoin as a national currency...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:24:19 PM

Is this a real plan or just a joke? Because it probably will be a nice country with Bitcoin for national currency Grin

faucet used to be profitable
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:28:57 PM

You will need a good whipe to beat all the peasants and make them work hard, and give 99% of their harvest in tax to their lord.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:44:09 PM

If i have money about USD 1.000.000.000.000...

I think you dream too high.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:06:38 PM

If you do manage that, and people do it all the time, witness China building all that cool stuff on the Spratly Islands, chances are that someone with bigger guns is going to have a problem with it.

Have a look at this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva_Reefs#Republic_of_Minerva

An entrepreneur identified some semi submerged reefs in international waters. If it isn't above the sea all the time then it's not officially land and no one can claim it. He arrived and dredged until they were full time islands and then the king of Tonga turned up and nicked them.
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:43:29 PM

I heard about building your own nation/micro nations a while ago you could do something like that but your goal might be to high.
peter0021

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:29:10 AM

If i have money about USD 1.000.000.000.000. i want to build an island in the international sea far away from any EEZ of any country and declare it as a sovereigh country and make it a new absolute monarchy where i am be the king of the kingdom....and of course using bitcoin as a national currency...
You seems like joke. International sea cant be bought. Recent news is about Liberland president is arrested by Croatia for trespassing in 'no man's land' .
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/10/liberland-president-arrested-by-croatia-for-trespassing-in-no-man-land/
 http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/35h2mv/liberland_founder_jedlicka_detained_by_croatian/
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:41:05 AM

Is this a real plan or just a joke? Because it probably will be a nice country with Bitcoin for national currency Grin

Are you asking if the OP really has a trillion dollars?  Probably not.   Cheesy

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:05:25 PM

If your country is to rest anywhere within of the highlighted earth-centered region above, it is to rest within the imperium of Great Empire of Earth.

Are those the only unclaimed territories left on earth.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:09:38 PM

Are those the only unclaimed territories left on earth.

There are a few unclaimed places left, but that's mainly because their neighbours can't or refuse to decide who actually owns it. If someone tried to sneak in and claim it they'd probably find they were last in line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_nullius#Current_terrae_nullius

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:17:46 AM

Not the first time threads like this show up. But would it really be a good choice to have bitcoin as the currency? Don't think it would remain an absolute monarchy for long. And that's a good thing. But for a small country would the free market that bitcoin brings really be good? Wouldn't that leave the island more vulnerable to capital flight that could stop the small economy? And woulnd't the inequality in the country mean there can't be a real free market? Inequality from the positions of power if the king is around or just money and access each person has.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:41:49 PM

Why is this not in Off-topic Cheesy

Looking for a signature campaign.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:54:03 PM

In standard English, the present personal pronoun, "I," is capitalized. Do you write it in lower case because you know the significance of caps and lower case? (I'm not going to ask if you were too lazy to hit the "shift" key on your computer keyboard.)

Being a king isn't all that much fun. A king has the duty to care for his subjects. In fact, it is his duty to be nice to them, because if he doesn't, they might rebel and destroy him.

In America, Canada, and the U.K., every human who understands common law is the king of his "residence." He is the king of his castle.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sana0040

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:20:19 AM

Better talk it with Bryan Coleman he has same plans with you. You can't do it all alone I think you need alot of investors.
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:24:29 AM

I heard about building your own nation/micro nations a while ago you could do something like that but your goal might be to high.

Seems to be a popular idea these days, i would like to join one Smiley
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

You can spent this 1000 billino dollars to buy all the bitcoins on the market. And thus make another bitcoin bubble. This way you will hwlp bitcoin more =)))

Hamuki
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:01:04 PM

I think I saw some other guy that accually got an island but I think it died down and he just dropped it.
The idea of this would not work.. Since you ill be making a new nation then you would need land to make money off or somekind of income so you can get infrastructure.

You will need to be able to trade with other countries to be able to survive since you will have a hard time getting people to live there..

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:12:08 PM

You will need to be able to trade with other countries to be able to survive since you will have a hard time getting people to live there..

I think it's likely that you have to trade with other countries, yes, especially in the early stage of your Island (in which you have to invest a lot of money for the Island itself, but also the infrastructure and other facilities; like a way to get fresh water).  If you have a solid base, I actually think that are some people willing to live their whole self-sufficient. I think everywhere in the world you can find those people, you just need to attract them to your Island.

- -

I don't think I would use BTC as the currency over there. If you would really need a currency in such place, you should create a currency that you can fully control on your own. However, in such "Utopia Island", i'm not sure whether you need a currency.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Hamuki
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:24:00 PM

I think it's likely that you have to trade with other countries, yes, especially in the early stage of your Island (in which you have to invest a lot of money for the Island itself, but also the infrastructure and other facilities; like a way to get fresh water).  If you have a solid base, I actually think that are some people willing to live their whole self-sufficient. I think everywhere in the world you can find those people, you just need to attract them to your Island.

- -

I don't think I would use BTC as the currency over there. If you would really need a currency in such place, you should create a currency that you can fully control on your own. However, in such "Utopia Island", i'm not sure whether you need a currency.

No, you would depend on eachother to survive.
So digital currency would not be te best idea for this.

Unless its called Coconuts..

"Ill pay you 2 coconuts for that goat"
And then you go get 2 coconuts from a supply shop that accepts the currency and gives coconuts for it...

LOL

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:28:32 PM

- -

No, you would depend on eachother to survive.
So digital currency would not be te best idea for this.

Unless its called Coconuts..

"Ill pay you 2 coconuts for that goat"
And then you go get 2 coconuts from a supply shop that accepts the currency and gives coconuts for it...

LOL

I think it's likely that you have to depend on eachother to survive indeed, especially on such "isolated" islands. But, even then, I don't think there is a need for currency over there. Indeed, you can trade your goat for Coconuts (if that is what you want), but I don't think that is neccesary in the case that I expect people on such Utopian islands working together to survive. I expect them to have a mentality of "all for all"; work together to survive; and egoism is not appreciated.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: